X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasTomasz
    • Sep 2024

Announcement to all members of VSN

As many of you already know, an incident happened last night and this morning where someone took over control of the website last night and sent Private Messages to all members and set up advertisement links to direct people to another site. With many thanks to albidnis, we were able to stop this intrusion and fix everything on the back end.

I want to take this time to recognize that there are other sites out there. Pulp Avenue and now The Golden Turducken are up and running. These are run by former VSN members, who have spent time on staff under Bill, myself and previous owners, and have disagreed with the direction that Bill and I have for the website. We do not care who posts where- if you post on either one, it does not affect your standing here in regards to your placement in any leagues, availability to win giveaways, anything along those lines. I personally have been a part of two different forum "wars" so I understand that many of you are being pulled in different directions- I've been there, and with long-time friends I've had over the internet to boot. No one is making you pick one or the other, or go away entirely because you are frustrated with the drama.

The beef needs to end now. There is VSN, there are those two sites, and then there are a multitude of other sites around the internet where anyone can go. The only thing that we will not allow on VSN is people to use this website to advertise or link to other forums/websites without the permission of an administrator, or unless it is a source to a site like ESPN, IGN, Kotaku, etc. People who advertise other sites moving further will have one warning, where we immediately strip away access to everything but the regular forums. If advertising somehow continues, it would result in an immediate ban.

We want to move forward with the direction of this site, which is a focus on sports gaming and leagues. We have added a number of leagues recently for Madden 15 that will be going live, and we are always searching for other leagues. We will continue to add content to the homepage, which has been going great and now that we have consistent content, we will be trying to drive that to the forum in regards to new users registering. Since Bill and I have taken over, that has been our #1 goal in everything we've done is to try and attract new users, and that has not or will it change. We are always open to ideas, ways to improve and people to help, so please let us know what's on your mind.

If you have any questions, feel free to address them with either of us privately. We aren't trying to throw anyone under the bus, or keep this conversation and other feuds going. For all places involved, it is best to move on from it and work on our own websites.
Working...