Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasTomasz
    • Sep 2024

Firing season- prediction thread

Outside of the two clubs with interim managers, I only see two teams making a change. A lot of the teams that have struggled this season have loyalty to who they have on the bench, or in the case of teams like Atlanta and Minnesota, rarely fire someone. Whether or not that loyalty is deserved or not, is a discussion for another thread.

1.) Houston Astros. Bo Porter was already fired, but I can't see Tom Lawless staying as manager, though he might help on the new managers next coaching staff. Nothing I've seen would inspire keeping him on.

2.) Arizona Diamondbacks "No official decision made" was the statement made a few weeks ago in reference to Kirk Gibson. With Towers out the door as the GM, I expect Gibson to be the next one. I can imagine the clubhouse isn't too happy with him, but most importantly, a new GM, even with TLR in the front office, may want the say in a new manager.

3.) Texas Rangers. Tim Bogar has done the best he can with the roster he was given, but Mike Maddux will get as much attention, if not more than Bogar, to take over as manager. I think they would be best served to hire someone from outside of the organization.

4.) San Diego Padres. Bud Black is a good manager, stuck in a bad situation with the Padres. However, with a new GM coming on board, I expect they may want to make a change, which I think is a bad decision, but I'll go ahead and predict that the Padres are the last team that will be looking to make a change this off-season.
Working...