• Show
Clear All
  • SHOGUN
    4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
    • Jul 2009

2010 King's Cup to be on PPV this weekend

http://www.headkicklegend.com/2010/1...v-this-weekend
    2010 Muay Thai King's Cup to Air on PPV This Weekend

In a week where we have mostly been talking about not so great news, let's look at one excellent development for US kickboxing fans.

This weekend, many fans in the US will have the chance to watch the big King's Cup show on PPV. The show is being presented by the good folks at Champion of Champions - the same team that presents the Muay Thai programming on G4. They will be airing the show on DirecTV and iNDemand. The show takes place Sunday night in Thailand, which translates to Sunday morning here in the States. The PPV will be on a bit of a time delay, airing Sunday at 6 pm EST on DirecTV, and at 9 pm EST for iNDemand. Both providers should have it currently available for PPV purchase, either listed as "Kings Cup Out of Thailand" or "Muay Thai: Kings Cup 2010 Championship."

We've been supporters of COC and G4 for bringing true Muay Thai to US televisions, and this is another great development. The King's Cup show is a chance to see real elite level Muay Thai, and I for one am really pleased to be able to watch it within a few hours of the event.

The King's Cup is a one night, 8 man tournament contested under Muay Thai rules as an honor to the King of Thailand on his birthday. This year's version of the prestigious tournament features a strong line-up. 2009 champion Cosmo Alexandre has to be considered one of the favorites, as does long-time top Thai fighter Yodsaenklai Fairtex. These two met in 2009, with Yod taking the win, and a rematch here could be a real highlight of the tournament. The other names involved include Vuyisille Colossa, who defeated Yodsaenklai earlier this year, English fighter Jordan Watson, who faced Buakaw in May, top 25 ranked fighter Marcus Oberg, Canadian Jesse Miles, K-1 MAX 2009 Europe GP runner-up Marco Pique, and K-1 MAX 2009 Final 16 participant Dzhabar Askerov, who has put together a string of wins in 2010. An excellent all-around line-up with a lot of intriguing matches.
    Via CoC's Facebook
    The 2010 Kings Cup LIVE event is going to cost $34.95 and is going to be shown on DirectTV, On Demand, Dish...all the major providers! This means, even if you lost G4TV recently (grrrrr to G4), you can still watch the 2010 Kings Cup!! It is not--I repeat, NOT--being shown through G4TV. This is a Pay-per-View event and ANYONE who pays can watch, no matter who your provider is. Yay!
    I HIGHLY recommend anyone even remotely interested in high level kickboxing/Muay Thai to watch this. This year's event is extremely stacked.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia
Working...