X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Argath
    $2 whore
    • Apr 2009

Tournaments & Ladders

Added a tournaments and ladders section to the forums, you can find it in your navbar at the top.

It's still in the testing phase so bear with us. OOBL will be the head honcho for it so direct all questions to him
  • Chrispy
    Needs a hobby
    • Dec 2008

not on mine, using 3.0 widescreen

Comment

• Argath
      $2 whore
      • Apr 2009

Should be good to go now

It's entitled "Tournaments & Ladders" and it's to the right of UserCP in the navbar

Comment

• Chrispy
        Needs a hobby
        • Dec 2008

:yes:

Comment

• Argath
          $2 whore
          • Apr 2009

VSN Admins and VSN coordinators can create new ladders/tournaments. Just PM one of us if you need something

Comment

• gaysex4lif
            No longer a noob
            • Oct 2008

Remove that shit from the postbit. Or I'll do it if you don't know how

Comment

• Argath
              $2 whore
              • Apr 2009

done

Comment

• OnlyOneBeerLeft
                Fuck em
                • Oct 2008

Okay fellas... here is a quick rundown of how this works.

1. You can select the ladder that you want to play in, as many as you would like. You can also leave these ladders if you want to. Simply click "Join Ladder" Under the description.

2. From here you can see the current leaderboard. For games to count on the ladder you MUST challenge the other user. When you challenge another user they receive a PM. as soon as they read the PM and accept the challenge you can play.

3. After playing you can go to current challenges, "Your Challenges". From there you input the scores of the game. Both users DO NOT have to input the score, although by clicking in the same button the loser must confirm that the score is correct. You also have the option to post a screenshot, for proof. I don't think any of us will need this, but it's still a nice feature.

4. Now that your score has been input and your opponent confirmed the score you are all set. The leaderboard will update and you are ready to find a new challenger.

5. Leaderboard scoring. The ELO scoring system looked pretty nice when myself and Argath tested it earlier. Our first game we were both 0-0. We input a win for me 21-14. I gained 3 points, he lost 3 points. Now I was the number 1 ranked player, and he was second. We input a new game, where we selected him as the winner 31-15. Because he beat the player with a better record, and by a decent margin he received a 20 point boost, while I lost 20. We don't have the exact science of the formula in writing. But it seems to be a good formula based on opponent skill level and scoring differential.

Any other questions feel free to contact me or Argath. And like he stated earlier, if you would like to start a tournament or need another ladder added feel free to contact Rush, Leftwich, Argath, Point Blank, or myself.

Comment

• Point Blank
                  Needs a hobby
                  • Oct 2008

Good shit.

Comment

• Primetime
                    Thank You Prince
                    • Nov 2008

Looks legit. Makes me want to actually buy Madden instead of keep the downloaded one I have now. NBA 2K11 ladder will be great.

Comment

• Point Blank
                      Needs a hobby
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Primetime232
                      Looks legit. Makes me want to actually buy Madden instead of keep the downloaded one I have now. NBA 2K11 ladder will be great.
                      :yes:

Comment

• Rudi
                        #CyCueto
                        • Nov 2008

Good shit fellas a great addition to the site no doubt.

Comment

• Jagsfan61
                          Go Jaguars
                          • Oct 2008

VERY VERY nice! Really looking forward to this year alot. Wish i was able to already start playing online but you mfers dont got the game yet haha

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                            Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                            • Jul 2010

cool.....good to see this still going on after my hiatus =)
                            3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• Primetime
                              Thank You Prince
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by houtz
                              No one other then mfbmike and PB play NBA 2k online for more than a week or so. Not a chance a ladder lasts, especially with how atrocious 2k's online set up is.
                              Couldn't have roughed me up a little bit before putting a bullet in my head? lol

We'll have to use Rush's Pat Riley-like recruiting ability to lure in some more for the NBA crowd. I only know about 6 people that would participate longer than a week or two.

EDIT: 2K has promised us the servers will be much more reliable than any others in past NBA games. Can't really take a lot from that until we actually see them personally.

Comment

Working...