• Show
Clear All
  • Goober
    Needs a hobby
    • Feb 2009

URGENT CHATBOX ADDITIONS NEEDED

Please add back /guido. Also add /bigbucs

[05:13 PM] DDRGuido : licking titties isn't rape
    [09:25 PM] BigBucs : Im certainly one of the most, if not thee most trustworthy but of course I wouldnt be considered
  • Youk
    Posts too much
    • Feb 2009

17:41 DDRGuido
    she had nice tits

Comment

• Goober
      Needs a hobby
      • Feb 2009

Bold text on forum needs to go. Everything being bold is hard on the eyes.

The forum links at the bottom of the page is gone now too. Need this back so you don't have to scroll back to the top of the page when you're done reading a thread.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
        • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Goobyslayer
        Bold text on forum needs to go. Everything being bold is hard on the eyes.

The forum links at the bottom of the page is gone now too. Need this back so you don't have to scroll back to the top of the page when you're done reading a thread.
        We are working on the bold text. Not sure what is causing it, as it's appeared and disappeared multiple times. Are you talking about quick navigation, because that's still there?

Comment

• Maynard
          stupid ass titles
          • Feb 2009

you guys realize that ever other high activity forum does not have a chat box? chat box is a forum killer. it only serves the needs a maybe 10-15 members. The rest of the forums suffer because there is no active topics to post in.

same with thanks and groans. people dont have to post when a simple click of the thanks /groans will voice their opinion.

these 2 things take away people incentive to post where as the goal of the site should be to drive post

Comment

• PP
            • Feb 2010

1. Give my chatbox access back
            2. Is the goal of the site to drive posts? I don't think that is their goal. While I think Thom and Bill probably want to make some $ on ads etc they don't want people posting endless piles of shit that gets said in the chatbox. Pretty clear to me the goal of the site is to provide a space for some high quality leagues and not just trying get get the post counts up.

Comment

• buckeye
              Noob
              • Dec 2013

Guaranteed if some of the stuff being said in chat gets posted on the open forums... those posters won't be here long.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Comment

• MrBill
                Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by buckeye
                Guaranteed if some of the stuff being said in chat gets posted on the open forums... those posters won't be here long.

Comment

• Maynard
                  stupid ass titles
                  • Feb 2009

lol...thats true. im not telling you guys anything you dont already know. obviously you guys know what you want to do with the site. i just want to see it do well and be more like the MM days

Comment

• Houston
                    Back home
                    • Oct 2008

Someone unban me from the CB, please.

Comment

• Len B
                      :moonwalk:
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by buckeye

That's why we say it in chat and not on the forums

Comment

• MrBill
                        Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Houston
                        Someone unban me from the CB, please.
                        Are you sure you were banned?

Comment

• Houston
                          Back home
                          • Oct 2008

Someone unbanned me after that post.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                            • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Maynard
                            you guys realize that ever other high activity forum does not have a chat box? chat box is a forum killer. it only serves the needs a maybe 10-15 members. The rest of the forums suffer because there is no active topics to post in.

same with thanks and groans. people dont have to post when a simple click of the thanks /groans will voice their opinion.

these 2 things take away people incentive to post where as the goal of the site should be to drive post
                            Here's the thing. People have clamored for new posters for some time. We have just started bringing those in, with two new Madden leagues, a merger with UnderTheCode and now the merger bringing a 6x6 hockey league here. Members here asked for new users, we've answered that call, and plan on doing more.

If all the new members do is log into the site and post in their leagues, that's fine, because Bill and I have established that the main vision of VSN is sports gaming and leagues. By having those leagues, and having a guy like buckeye here, we are getting attention from gaming developers. That includes early releases of games, beta invites, podcasts and we are close to having developers join the forum to talk with you guys. From our end, we are succeeding at the goals of this site.

I'd love it for them to spread to other portions of the site, but that's honestly up to the rest of the established membership at VSN, and as I've said before, it's all a choice. If people just want to sit in the chat box all day, that's what kind of site they are going to get. If they want to be out in the forums posting, then maybe some of these new additions cross over to different sections. It's all about what people put into the site.

Comment

• buckeye
                              Noob
                              • Dec 2013

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz

I'd love it for them to spread to other portions of the site, but that's honestly up to the rest of the established membership at VSN, and as I've said before, it's all a choice. If people just want to sit in the chat box all day, that's what kind of site they are going to get. If they want to be out in the forums posting, then maybe some of these new additions cross over to different sections. It's all about what people put into the site.
                              EXACTLY! A site has to be well run
                              .. which it is. But at the end of the day a site is only as good as it's everyday users. When a third to half of its everyday users sit in chat or only post in the private forums (because they can't act right in the public forums)... it doesn't help.

Comment

Working...