Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasTomasz
    • Sep 2024

Questions and Feedback Forum change

We've changed viewing permissions in the Questions and Feedback forum so only the thread starter and the forum staff can read posts in the forum. This way, we can appropriately address questions that members have and can do it in place of private messaging different folks to try and find an answer to a question.
  • Villain
    [REDACTED]
    • May 2011

Doesn't this defeat the whole purpose of having it be a discussion board? Also, isn't this section here so that you can ask a public question or read other threads where your question has already been answered?
    [REDACTED]

Comment

• Youk
      Posts too much
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Villain
      Doesn't this defeat the whole purpose of having it be a discussion board? Also, isn't this section here so that you can ask a public question or read other threads where your question has already been answered?
      That could be something implemented with a sticked thread, or unhiding the threads after it has been taken care of.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
        • Sep 2024

It's an easier alternative than banning select members from that particular forum because they don't know how to use it appropriately. It will also give newer members a place to address any questions they have

Comment

• Villain
          [REDACTED]
          • May 2011

How is this particular forum supposed to be used?

Originally posted by Youk
          That could be something implemented with a sticked thread, or unhiding the threads after it has been taken care of.
          Good point.

Will you guys be doing this or no?
          [REDACTED]

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
            • Sep 2024

How is this particular forum supposed to be used?

Good point.

Will you guys be doing this or no?
            People will post questions and feedback like they normally would, free of trolling

Comment

• Villain
              [REDACTED]
              • May 2011

If that's a dig at my recent Q&A thread, then you guys need to define trolling. That wasn't intended to be a troll thread. Those were actual questions that were never answered and the thread was closed.

In that same thread I asked for things like an FAQ, forum rules to refer to, and so on. You guys either haven't defined any of that or you did and I haven't been able to find it on my own (hence, Q&A thread is created).
              [REDACTED]

Comment

• Goober
                Needs a hobby
                • Feb 2009

If that's a dig at my recent Q&A thread, then you guys need to define trolling. That wasn't intended to be a troll thread. Those were actual questions that were never answered and the thread was closed.

In that same thread I asked for things like an FAQ, forum rules to refer to, and so on. You guys either haven't defined any of that or you did and I haven't been able to find it on my own (hence, Q&A thread is created).
                I would like to know this information also, but can't see it because the thread is hidden to me.

Comment

• Senser81
                  VSN Poster of the Year
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Youk
                  I would question the use of stickied threads on VSN...with so few new threads, is there really a need to "sticky" something? For example, my thread in the Questions and Feedback forum was still at the top of the message board, and the last activity in the thread was February of 2012.

Comment

Working...