Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasTomasz
    • Sep 2024

Announcing: Elite Members

As some of you may have noticed by now, we have removed all of the old Donator usergroups, and everyone is starting back as a registered member. First, I want to take the time to point out that this is not to cause a new Donator drive. While Bill and I have owned the site, we have had a few donations, but nothing to really make an impact. We do not need to have donations to make this site run, as we make enough with ads to keep the site up and have giveaways, and the Amazon Store serves a good enough purpose to give us a game every few months.

The new donator program that we are starting is called Elite Members. The funds that we accumulate through donations will now go towards giveaways for Elite Members only. We have many drawings and raffles for various games, and some have complained that VSN members do not have a chance to win. From this point on, Elite Member donations will go entirely to fund giveaways for this group of members.

There will be certain levels of Elite Members (those will be discussed later) and each level will earn you one extra chance at being entered for a game or accessory drawing once a month. Sometimes this will mirror a public giveaway, sometimes it will be different. We will also open up a special drawing once or twice a year, where if everyone donates $5, we would pool that money for a gaming console to be given to the winner. We could even take it a step further where every $5 increment earns you another entry into the pot.

Besides a monthly giveaway, what else is the Elite Member program going to be offering? Lets take a look.

1.) A profile award for donating, and for those who have given money more than once will get a custom graphic of their choice.

2.) First choice at joining new leagues that are coming to VSN, provided they have openings.

3.) Early peaks and access to new site features on VSN, such as new skins, graphics and site news (like new leagues mentioned above.)

4.) You will be the first to pose questions to game developers when we have interviews scheduled, and the opportunity to sit in on a podcast and ask questions and interact with different developers.

5.) The chance to get an advanced copy of a video game and review it for our front page.

6.) A private forum for only Elite Members and members of the VSN staff

It is about time that we start giving back to those of you who have been here for the longest, and this is a way we have figured out to do this. This is just the beginning of this program, and we really hope that many of you decide to be a part of it. We are also accepting ideas of other things we can do with the program, you can always PM those to myself or Bill if you have them.
  • kingbryk
    Noob
    • Jan 2014

great idea.
    sigpic

Comment

• CCBrink
      Awkward Swag
      • May 2009

So how much do I have to donate to my have my name colored again

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
        • Sep 2024

Originally posted by CCBrink
        So how much do I have to donate to my have my name colored again
        At least $5, but like I said, everything goes towards giveaways for members. We're still discussing how many levels are going to be involved with Elite Members. We know there will at least be a second, +Elite, but not sure if we are going to go any higher.

Comment

• krulmichael
          STRAAAAANGE MUSIC!
          • Feb 2009

On tapatalk right now, but I'm assuming there's a link on the main page to donate? I'll donate $20 when I get home from work. This will be my fourth time donating to VSN.

Sent from the awesome LG G2 in all its 5.2 inch glory via Tapatalk 4.

Twitch Channel
          http://www.twitch.tv/krulmichael20

Season I: 10-6 (NFC North Champions)
          Season II: 9-7 (NFC North Champions)
          Season III: 13-3 (NFC Champions)
          Season IV: 11-5 (NFC North Champions)
          Season V: 2-1

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
            • Sep 2024

Originally posted by krulmichael
            On tapatalk right now, but I'm assuming there's a link on the main page to donate? I'll donate $20 when I get home from work. This will be my fourth time donating to VSN.

Sent from the awesome LG G2 in all its 5.2 inch glory via Tapatalk 4.
            You are donating to the members for giveaways now, and there is a link on the main page. I will start a poll later in the afternoon in the Elite Members forum asking what game they would like to have up for giveaway.

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
              Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
              • Jul 2010

how much donation to be an elite member today - i got paypay
              3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• albidnis
                GFX Crew
                • Nov 2008

Guys there should be a donate tan on the navbar. Let me know if you don't see it

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                  • Sep 2024

Originally posted by x0xHumblex0x
                  how much donation to be an elite member today - i got paypay
                  At least $5, but if folks give more, I could give out more than just one game for the first giveaway

Comment

• albidnis
                    GFX Crew
                    • Nov 2008

TT I donated. Let me know if you saw it ok so we can verify.

Comment

• JeremyHight
                      I wish I was Scrubs
                      • Feb 2009

Can I just get free access to the Elite Member/Subscriber forum like I have for the past few years? I never donated, but I liked that people thought I had.

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
                        Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
                        • Jul 2010

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
                        At least $5, but if folks give more, I could give out more than just one game for the first giveaway
                        donated via PayPal.
                        tried to PM you and Bill but my PM Box if Full

coming from bigdaddy email account also.
                        3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• Senser81
                          VSN Poster of the Year
                          • Feb 2009

Already had my membership revoked...good stuff

Comment

• KNUBB
                            WHITE RONDO
                            • Jun 2009

I do not approve of this

Comment

• Woy