• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • albidnis
    GFX Crew
    • Nov 2008

New Chat Box - Cometchat

To The VSN Family,

As many of you have already seen, we are testing a new chatbox that provides much more functionality than the older shoutbox. It even includes a mobile app. What we need is for everyone to use it so that we can weed out any issues and really see if this is the right step moving forward. Please post any concerns and constructive feedback, so that we can contact the vendor and either resolve the issue ourselves or see if it is something that will be added in the future.

I will be keeping track of all the issues in this first post... Thanks

1. Timeout refresh period is too short - Sent
    2. Can username colors be changed - Sent
    3. Chat archive needs to be more robust - Sent
    4. Edit button
    Last edited by albidnis; 04-30-2015, 09:12 AM.
  • BigBucs
    Unpretentious
    • May 2009

Chat archive is severely lacking.

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
      Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
      • Jul 2010

Originally posted by BigBucs
      Chat archive is severely lacking.
      my 1st thoughts as well
      3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• albidnis
        GFX Crew
        • Nov 2008

I have sent all 3 to the vendor...

Comment

• albidnis
          GFX Crew
          • Nov 2008

After a few test we have decided that we will stay with the OLD CB until Cometchat is more mature or another Chat software is more compatible to what we are used to. We will still keep the Cometchat mobile capability enabled. It will also be at the footer of the VSN forum page

Comment

• Glenbino
            Jelly and Ice Cream
            • Nov 2009

I'd use it if it were visible.

I haven't had Cb access here since it was decided that only members of VSN leagues were important enough to use it.

Comment

• MrBill
              Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Glenbino
              I'd use it if it were visible.

I haven't had Cb access here since it was decided that only members of VSN leagues were important enough to use it.
              There is no reason you shouldn't have chat box access. If you don't, it was a carry over from the previous regime since he liked to remove your access all the time for no reason. Regardless, I will get that fixed now. New members don't get access to the chat box unless they are in a league, become an Elite member or have a 100 posts.

Comment

• MrBill
                Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by albidnis
                After a few test we have decided that we will stay with the OLD CB until Cometchat is more mature or another Chat software is more compatible to what we are used to. We will still keep the Cometchat mobile capability enabled. It will also be at the footer of the VSN forum page
                Thanks for conducting this test to look at ways to improve mobile chat box capability!

Comment

Working...