Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jms493
    • Feb 2009

COD games are Multiplayer games with Single player added. People dont buy these games to kill bots. The buy it to kill people like MVPete.

Comment

• seaplus
      Posts a lot
      • Apr 2009

wish you could play with guests online in cod
      *<|8-D

Comment

• jms493
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by seaplus
        wish you could play with guests online in cod
        that wouldnt work b/c you could see his screen...it would like have a spy camera out there.

Comment

• Twigg4075
          Kindergarten Cop
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jms493
          COD games are Multiplayer games with Single player added. People dont buy these games to kill bots. The buy it to kill people like MVPete.
          It's not playing vs bots. UT3's pathetic 'campaign' is playing against bots. CoD has a bonafide story mode. It's just a cop out to say that 6hrs is "the perfect length" and that they think it's a good thing that people "are begging for more" when the credits start rolling.
          I kind of understand the lack of co-op in the main story because they chose to incorporate cutscenes throughout the campaign levels. When you do that it makes it tough with co-op because one guy might be battling a bunch of enemies and all of a sudden the other guy triggers the next cut scene. Pretty lame.

They did day that they are finally trying to address the constant respawning enemies problem. I find it interesting that it's taken them this long to figure that out though.
          Last edited by Twigg4075; 05-27-2009, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• Twigg4075
            Kindergarten Cop
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jms493
            that wouldnt work b/c you could see his screen...it would like have a spy camera out there.
            You can do it in Halo, Gears and several other games.

Comment

• FedEx227
              Delivers
              • Mar 2009

But what about those other 70%? Do they not deserve to get a full gaming experience. What if 50% out of those reminaing 70% don't have internet access.

I'll tell you just from working at a game store, you'd be surprised the amount of people who could care less about online. I actually bought my CoD4 copy for $30 because the day after it came out, someone who bought it day of, beat it and traded it in already, to which with my discount I bought the used copy. This guy is an avid gamer, just has no intention of going online.
              VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Twigg4075
                Kindergarten Cop
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
                But what about those other 70%? Do they not deserve to get a full gaming experience. What if 50% out of those reminaing 70% don't have internet access.

I'll tell you just from working at a game store, you'd be surprised the amount of people who could care less about online. I actually bought my CoD4 copy for $30 because the day after it came out, someone who bought it day of, beat it and traded it in already, to which with my discount I bought the used copy. This guy is an avid gamer, just has no intention of going online.
                That's pretty much me, minus the trading in part. I really don't trade in games anymore. But I'm about a 99% offline gamer.

I just think it's a huge cop out on IW's part. I know they make great games but I'm a little sick of how everyone is on their nuts. They include extremely short campaigns in their games and get away with it. Was the campaign in CoD4 fun while it lasted? Sure. But it didn't last long enough for me.

Maybe that's why I don't shit on Treyarch like most people do. At least the campaigns in CoD3 and WaW were a decent length and they still had plenty of memorable moments.

If IW wants to concentrate on multiplayer, fine. EThey should just dump the SP and put out a $30 or $40 game or move to the PC where multiplayer seems to be what nealry everyone plays.

Comment

• Steel Mamba
                  Nasty
                  • Nov 2008

you guys should check out ArmA2 or OF2 if you want a real military shooter. CoD is for the kids.

Comment

• Wildcard
                    ®3+@®d5 = 6®0@n5
                    • Oct 2008

It would be awesome if CoD:MW2 added 2 players playing online on the same screen, like Halo.
                    Originally posted by Leftwich 2-14-2009
                    I wasn't comparing myself to Wildcard. I honestly don't think I could compare myself to God.

Comment

• Leftwich
                      Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

Originally posted by Steel Mamba
                      you guys should check out ArmA2 or OF2 if you want a real military shooter. CoD is for the kids.
                      TROLL!

Originally posted by Tailback U
                      It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.

Comment

• jags224
                        El Contusion
                        • Oct 2008

this game is going to be the shittttttttttt i cannot wait
                        "From the time he hits the court, he plays at a competitive level that you rarely see," Popovich says. "He does the exact same things that Kobe (Bryant) does, that Michael Jordan did.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                          Posts too much
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by mattyg
                          Sure, I'd prefer a 40 hour SP game, and 6 hours is pretty weak but if the story is done well I have no problem playing through multiple times. Plus since it's COD I have to try and beat the game on Veteran. I'm pretty sure I've beaten COD4 at least 5 times, twice on Veteran. It isn't the longest game but it's so fucking good that it never gets old. So if MW2 has another great story I won't mind if it's on the shorter side...
                          Like 8-10 hours on normal would be perfectly fine. Thats a good amount for an FPS. I'm the same away, I always go back and try and beat it on Veteran.

Comment

• The Messenger
                            • Nov 2008

My favorite single player campaigns of the CoD series were 4 and 2. Best online multiplayer of the CoD series for me were 4 and 2. Both in that order.

I'll ride Infinity Ward's dick all night long because they make the best FPS out.

Click the banner above or below to visit the greatest chises on Earth!

Comment

• Twigg4075
                              Kindergarten Cop
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by mgoblue2290
                              Like 8-10 hours on normal would be perfectly fine. Thats a good amount for an FPS. I'm the same away, I always go back and try and beat it on Veteran.
                              I agree. About ten hours for most campaigns is about perfect. Six hours? Not so much.

Comment

• StealthShot
                                Eat it
                                • Oct 2008

What the fuk this shit, I was lookin on Gamebattles.com and on the wii section they got Modern Warfare 2 Ladder.

Comment

Working...