Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Twigg4075
    Kindergarten Cop
    • Feb 2009

Apparently some marketing site conducted a survey about the title of this game to see how it would affect sales. 50% of the people surveyed had no idea this game was a sequel to CoD4.

I really think dropping the CoD name is a horrible marketing idea for IW. The CAG podcast had a great quote. They said "It's like Infinity Ward came down with Axl Rose syndrome. They're too big for the rest of the band now."

I'm sure the game will sell very well but not as well as they are expecting.

Comment

• Twigg4075
      Kindergarten Cop
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by mattyg
      If people are too stupid to notice it's a sequel they should prolly just walk home instead of getting behind a wheel and driving. Actually they should call a cab because lord knows they might wander into traffic if walking...
      I hear you. Hardcore gamers like us obviously know what the deal is but not the "average" or "casual" gamer or even the momo or dad looking to pick up a new game for little Jimmy's birthday.

Comment

• Goober
        Needs a hobby
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
        I hear you. Hardcore gamers like us obviously know what the deal is but not the "average" or "casual" gamer or even the momo or dad looking to pick up a new game for little Jimmy's birthday.
        Good, I don't want little jimmy calling me a "fucking newb" in his high pitched voice.

Comment

• LopaKa
          No longer a noob
          • Apr 2009

new trailer for modern warfare 2 on modernwarfare2.com

It's on the home page, so as soon as the page loads it will start playing.

I must say it looks pretty good, it's all single player footage i think though.

Comment

• OnlyOneBeerLeft
            Fuck em
            • Oct 2008

im not sure the original modern warfare sold very well at first though, i personally wasnt interested, went into gamestop, saw it brand new for 39$ figured what the hell i might as well and ended up loving it, there were obviously hardcore CoD fans who knew, but a lot of its success was from hear say people seeing their friends were hooked....i dont have the numbers but i have a feeling sales went up rather then down the first 6 months or so

Comment

• The Messenger
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by OnlyOneBeerLeft
              im not sure the original modern warfare sold very well at first though, i personally wasnt interested, went into gamestop, saw it brand new for 39$ figured what the hell i might as well and ended up loving it, there were obviously hardcore CoD fans who knew, but a lot of its success was from hear say people seeing their friends were hooked....i dont have the numbers but i have a feeling sales went up rather then down the first 6 months or so
              I can't see CoD4 selling more copies after their first 6 months than they sold in their first 6. CoD4 was advertised well and had a lot of hype (thankfully it more than lived up to it). The game dropped in November, and by Christmas I believe it was the most played game online on the 360.

It still sold well, and is still selling well, but I doubt it's selling anywhere near as good as it sold when it first came out.

Click the banner above or below to visit the greatest chises on Earth!

Comment

• Blade
                Walking SAM site
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by LopaKa
                new trailer for modern warfare 2 on modernwarfare2.com

It's on the home page, so as soon as the page loads it will start playing.

I must say it looks pretty good, it's all single player footage i think though.
                Umm.....thats been up there for a like a month now son, what are you talkin about?

Comment

• LopaKa
                  No longer a noob
                  • Apr 2009

oh haha idk, havent played cod4 in a while, and i saw it on the game, and i was like OH! sorry for the old news

Comment

• Buzzman
                    • Oct 2008

Yea, it came out in OCT, everyone said how good it was so almost every gaming kid asked there parents for it for christmas. You guys remember the Live servers went down and laggy as fuck a week after christmas cause so many people got that game.
                    Last edited by Buzzman; 07-08-2009, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• Goober
                      Needs a hobby
                      • Feb 2009

OK apparently they're keeping the call of duty name:

Comment

• The Messenger
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Goblinslayer
                        OK apparently they're keeping the call of duty name:

The actual game cover:

Comment

• Goober
                          Needs a hobby
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by The Messenger
                          The actual game cover:

Did you miss the text on the bottom of that pic? "box art not final"

Comment

• seaplus
                            Posts a lot
                            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                            Apparently some marketing site conducted a survey about the title of this game to see how it would affect sales. 50% of the people surveyed had no idea this game was a sequel to CoD4.

I really think dropping the CoD name is a horrible marketing idea for IW. The CAG podcast had a great quote. They said "It's like Infinity Ward came down with Axl Rose syndrome. They're too big for the rest of the band now."

I'm sure the game will sell very well but not as well as they are expecting.
                            maybe they should have called it CoD 4.2
                            *<|8-D

Comment

• ChemTheThriller
                              ZzZing w/ the fishes
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Goblinslayer
                              Did you miss the text on the bottom of that pic? "box art not final"
                              Those are shopped man...

IW dropped the CoD name because there sick of not being able to do what they feel is right... and having to deal with Treachy or whatever the other shitty company is called...

Go to the graphics section on VSN and I bet if you asked for that you could get a couple people to make it for you...

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                              Formerly known as Peppers90
                              back in the 808

Comment

• The Messenger
                                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by ChemTheThriller
                                Those are shopped man...

IW dropped the CoD name because there sick of not being able to do what they feel is right... and having to deal with Treachy or whatever the other shitty company is called...

Go to the graphics section on VSN and I bet if you asked for that you could get a couple people to make it for you...
                                ^^^This. Have no thanks left.

You can tell in the one you posted, Goblin, that it's just shopped. Look at the drop shadow on the text, way too amateur.

Comment

Working...