Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JayDizzle
    Let's Go All The Way...
    • Nov 2008

Not that this shouldn't be unexpected (or known already), but Infinity Ward has plans for those who have their hands on the game before the actually street date hits:

Originally posted by PSN Boards
    Robert Bowling (FourZeroTwo), the creative strategist at Infinity Ward, has finally addressed the issue of an unfair advantage for people who already have their hands on a copy of Modern Warfare 2.

Originally posted by Bowling
    It definitely looks like a full leaderboard level reset is in order just before the release date to ensure no unfair advantages.
    In regards to what action will be taken against people who have pirated the game, the following was tweeted;

Originally posted by Bowling
    They're listed on the leaderboards. Logging online with a modded Xbox is like sewing a big red scarlet letter on yourself
    I hope IW knows that unless they can somehow physically put everyone who pirated the game in a jail cell, anything they do will just essentially be a slap on the wrist.

You can change your ISP address, switch computers, etc. It won't hurt much barring a huge fine and jail-time if it got that far.

As for the Leaderboard reset, that should be expected since the advent of beta testing in modern gaming and the idea that no one can be trusted with the knowledge that they get from it. (Map points, weapon stats, etc.)

With 8 days left, I can see this all being swept under the rug as the game sales show success or it'll be Spore all over again.

Comment

• Houston
      Back home
      • Oct 2008

Why would weapons be spoilers?

Comment

• MmmmBeeeeer
        PTFO
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by JayDizzle04
        Not that this shouldn't be unexpected (or known already), but Infinity Ward has plans for those who have their hands on the game before the actually street date hits:

I hope IW knows that unless they can somehow physically put everyone who pirated the game in a jail cell, anything they do will just essentially be a slap on the wrist.

You can change your ISP address, switch computers, etc. It won't hurt much barring a huge fine and jail-time if it got that far.

As for the Leaderboard reset, that should be expected since the advent of beta testing in modern gaming and the idea that no one can be trusted with the knowledge that they get from it. (Map points, weapon stats, etc.)

With 8 days left, I can see this all being swept under the rug as the game sales show success or it'll be Spore all over again.
        As far as the 360 goes, they can ban consoles themselves, not ip addresses. For forza/borderlands they were banning gamertags, which people were saying that you lose any downloaded games/game saves under that gamertag as well.

Comment

• leaffan
          Colton Orr Fan
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by JayDizzle04

There won't be jail time or fines it'll probably be more of live bannings, gamertag banning ect ect.

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

• Maynard
            stupid ass titles
            • Feb 2009

still, the real advantage is getting a jump start on the new maps and choke points...that kind of thing

Comment

• Blade
              Walking SAM site
              • Feb 2009

I am pretty sure these will be my 2 fav load outs.

Sniper - Barret or Cheytac M200
              Shotgun - SPAS 12, or Striker 12 (if the automatic recoil isnt crazy)
              Nades
              Claymores

Sniper - Barret or Cheytac M200
              FN-2000
              Nades
              Claymores

Anyone know if we can silence the sniper rifles this time around?

Comment

• MmmmBeeeeer
                PTFO
                • Mar 2009

Shouldn't be as you can't silence a barrett

Comment

• Blade
                  Walking SAM site
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MmmmBeeeeer
                  Shouldn't be as you can't silence a barrett
                  Yea I was thinking about the M-200 when I asked that one. In reality you can suppress that one and the WA2000.

Obviously the Barrett is next to impossible.

Comment

• Point Blank
                    Needs a hobby
                    • Oct 2008

Im sure I read you can silence snipers now. I'll be sniping like crazy once again.

Comment

• Point Blank
                      Needs a hobby
                      • Oct 2008

Oh My..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hwg4eihFn5Q"]YouTube - Modern Warfare 2 Team Deathmatch Sub Base Sniper Footage Online (HD)[/ame]

Comment

• Blade
                        Walking SAM site
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Point Blankâ„¢
                        Man.......that dude inspires me.

Comment

• Vinsane
                          • Nov 2008

That missile he used, I can't wait to drop that on fools.
                          25-02, 23:16 Yawkey Way celtics fucking suck

Comment

• Point Blank
                            Needs a hobby
                            • Oct 2008

I like how it reminded him to use it. "Predator Missle Ready for Launch"

Comment

• Virix
                              I see you
                              • Nov 2008

Think im picking this up on PS3, so add me to friends lists!

PSN: Virix

Comment

• Point Blank
                                Needs a hobby
                                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Virix
                                Think im picking this up on PS3, so add me to friends lists!

PSN: Virix

Comment

Working...