• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • killgod
    OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
    • Oct 2008

GTA IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony

is this shit for real?

Your Liberty City adventures will continue this Fall on the Xbox 360, as Rockstar Games has announced Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony as the game's second downloadable episode.

Your Liberty City adventures will continue this Fall on the Xbox 360, as Rockstar Games has announced Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony as the game's second downloadable episode.

In contrast to Grand Theft Auto IV's seedy biker gang expansion The Lost and Damned, The Ballad of Gay Tony is said to focus on the glitzy "high-end night life" of Liberty City. The second Xbox 360 exclusive episode will put players in the role of Luis Lopez, confirming previous rumors, as his part-time hoodlum duties are supplemented by full-time work for nightclub impresario Tony "Gay Tony" Prince.

According to the official announcement, "players will struggle with the competing loyalties of family and friends, and with the uncertainty about who is real and who is fake in a world in which everyone has a price."

Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony is slated to release on Xbox Live this Fall for $19.99 USD or 1600 Microsoft Points.
  • ryne candy
    Aggie C/O '01
    • Feb 2009

I've seen it on several sites....so it must be real. Seems like something RS would do. Also it will be available on disc (L&D also on same disc) for $40 in the Fall....thinking this is the format I will be buying (to save HD space).

Comment

• Irish
      do you see my jesus chain
      • Oct 2008

no chance its true

Comment

• Gonzo
        Colts Supremicist
        • Dec 2008

Got. To. Be. A. Joke.

Comment

• killgod
          OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
          • Oct 2008

yup it's posted everywhere.

this shit is for real.

wow. considering MS bans people for having gay gamertags.......

i don't f'n get it.

Comment

• ryne candy
            Aggie C/O '01
            • Feb 2009

Other than the title I don't see what is "hard to believe." It sounds like you will be an enforcer for the club. I'll see if anything else is online that gives it more proof of being "real."

Only thing I found was a quote:

"The team at Rockstar North have yet again surpassed themselves, and made something that is both epic and very innovative," says Rockstar founder Sam Houser in a statement. "This episode's focus on high-end night life contrasts with the biker gangs portrayed in The Lost and Damned, whilst giving us a lot of new gameplay possibilities."
            Last edited by ryne candy; 05-27-2009, 08:24 AM.

Comment

• dope
              Allons-y!
              • Feb 2009

lol i'm sorry but imo MS really fucked themselves with buying the rights to dlc with gtaIV

Comment

• Twigg4075
                Kindergarten Cop
                • Feb 2009

I noticed this on Gamefaqs yesterday but didn't see much info about it. I guess the news was just released yesterday which explains why. I was surprised this came out prior to E3. And like Ryne said the two episodes will be releasing on a disc called Liberty City Chronicles or something like that. Apparently download saled of L&D were nowhere near what MS expected. Apparently they are still stuck on that dream world where they think that EVERYONE is online.

It sucks though because I would've rather had the episodes on a disc. But now that I already have L&D it's pointless. Oh well. It also sucks that we have to wait until the Fall for this.

I love how Rockstar always pushes the envelope. This title should get more than a few people fired up.
                Last edited by Twigg4075; 05-27-2009, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• dope
                  Allons-y!
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                  Apparently download saled of L&D were nowhere near what MS expected. Apparently they are still stuck on that dream world where they think that EVERYONE is online.
                  i would think sagging sales of that would have a lot to do with the fact it came almost a year after the game was out. in this day and age attention spans require you do put it out a little sooner. just my opinion.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                    Kindergarten Cop
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by dope
                    i would think sagging sales of that would have a lot to do with the fact it came almost a year after the game was out. in this day and age attention spans require you do put it out a little sooner. just my opinion.
                    I'm sure that definitely has a lot to do with it. Which is why I still can't believe that this second expansion isn't coming out until the Fall. But I guess Rockstar doesn't care, they already got paid.

I guess we'll see when the disc version comes out to see if it disproves the theory. I'm still baffled that Chinatown Wars has sold so poorly. It's probably the best game on the DS by far and the DS installed base is incredible.

Comment

• killgod
                      OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by dope
                      lol i'm sorry but imo MS really fucked themselves with buying the rights to dlc with gtaIV
                      Are you crazy?

They made back most of the 50 mill they spent on L&D. They expect the L&D sales to hit 2 million by October

2 Million x 20 = 40 Million in revenue.

How much goes to R* and how much goes to MS is unknown.

But I imagine MS will come out of this in the green.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                        Kindergarten Cop
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by killgod
                        Are you crazy?

They made back most of the 50 mill they spent on L&D. They expect the L&D sales to hit 2 million by October

2 Million x 20 = 40 Million in revenue.

How much goes to R* and how much goes to MS is unknown.

But I imagine MS will come out of this in the green.
                        I don't think any of that goes to Rockstar. They got paid up front. So if they do end up selling 2mil copies than MS made 15mil off the L&D, not to mention the extra 360 copies of the game they sold, to people like me, who bought it for the proposed DLC.

Comment

• jms493
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                          I'm still baffled that Chinatown Wars has sold so poorly. It's probably the best game on the DS by far and the DS installed base is incredible.
                          cmon.....the DS is for little girls and little boys. thats about 90% of the install base. O yeah most of the sales come from Japan and they DONT like GTA

Comment

• Twigg4075
                            Kindergarten Cop
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jms493
                            cmon.....the DS is for little girls and little boys. thats about 90% of the install base. O yeah most of the sales come from Japan and they DONT like GTA
                            I don't know about 90%. That's seems to be a bit much. Don't you have one? I know I do, as does my wife, and a ton of other adults we know.

I do agree with the second part though. Japanese game taste is so goofy. They would rather play some retarded dating simulation or any number of hundreds of stupid JRPG's than play an awesome series like GTA.

Doesn't Yakuza sell well over there though? That series is basically Japanese GTA.

Comment

• jms493
                              • Feb 2009

i am totally pulling that # out of my ass.........and I do have one that my girlfriend loves to play puzzle games on. Actually I like the puzzle games myself.....not sure if I am interested in playing GTA on it though......I have it for the 360.

Comment

Working...