X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrimsonGhost56
    True Blue
    • Feb 2009

Crackdown 2!

dunno if this was mentioned in the E3 thread but you best believe it deserves its own thread. crackdown = best sandbox game this gen . looks like ill be picking up a 360 for this one

trailer

Crackdown 2" (Ruffian Games/Microsoft Game Studios). The sequel to the award-winning "Crackdown," "Crackdown 2" is the premier open-ended action experience that lets you be judge, jury and executioner for a vast city. Coming exclusively to Xbox 360 in 2010, "Crackdown 2" will take multiplayer(2) gaming to unprecedented levels for the ultimate cooperative and competitive multiplayer experience, providing you and your friends with the complete freedom to explore, destroy and play as you return to restore justice and peace to Pacific City - by any means necessary.

:tyron:
  • FedEx227
    Delivers
    • Mar 2009

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
    VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Twigg4075
      Kindergarten Cop
      • Feb 2009

This game should kick ass as the first one did. This almost makes me want to fire it back up. I never really did give co-op much of a go.

Comment

• killgod
        OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
        • Oct 2008

interesting rumor

Crackdown 2's product page on Xbox.com has a few more details on the game not disclosed when it was first unveiled at Microsoft's E3 press conference. Exciting details.

Apparently the game will allow for up to 16 players in multiplayer, which is nice, but it will also feature 4-player co-op. Which is nicer. Of course, how it'll allow for 4-player co-op is anyone's guess. And an Xbox.com product page can't be relied on as gospel, especially so far out from the game's release. But still, looks promising!
        4 player orb hunting FTMFW

Comment

• LC AAU
          • Oct 2008

Oh shit... Oh shit.... Oh SHIT....

:jizz:
          sig is too big, resize it

Comment

• Maynard
            stupid ass titles
            • Feb 2009

they had 2 player coop last time around. so 4 player wouldnt surprise me. 16 player online sounds great....but then i think back to GTA online and realize that sandbox games online are not so great

Comment

• jms493
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Maynard
              they had 2 player coop last time around. so 4 player wouldnt surprise me. 16 player online sounds great....but then i think back to GTA online and realize that sandbox games online are not so great
              Actually GTA online is very fun........you basically go on there and screw around. I have done it a few times and it is hysterical!

Comment

• Maynard
                stupid ass titles
                • Feb 2009

oh i thought it was fun too. I played it online a for a good month or so. But then realized that the open world was just not as much fun as we thought it would be. Ironic that i wished for that game to be online for so long only to realize that it couldnt hold my interest.....lol

i think coop crackdown was fun. I was a noob and fucking Riley and his monsterous guy just randomly shows up in my game.....i see this big ass blur go running by and said, wtf.....then realized Riley was in my game.....good times

Comment

• Twigg4075
                  Kindergarten Cop
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by killgod

4 player orb hunting FTMFW
                  How did that work in the first game? I guess they are just determined by the host and only the player who has not found them yet can get them?

For anyone that is interested I would love to fire this baby back up and play co-op. I know at the very least there were a bunch of achievements that I could never get. I know one was where you had to juggle a car in the air for a certain amount of time.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                    Kindergarten Cop
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Chodite
                    Lots of good games coming out this year. This one is probably my #1, most anticipated though.
                    I need to sell some of the games I'm not playing to pay for a lot of these newer games.

Crackdown 2 should be awesome. With so much time between this one and the original, so much time to come up with new ideas, gameplay, etc. It should really be a great game.
                    I highly doubt this game comes out this year. They showed zero game play at E3.

Comment

• Leftwich
                      Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

I can't fucking wait. I really just wanna throw Rush off the tallest building in the game.

Originally posted by Tailback U
                      It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                        Kindergarten Cop
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Chodite
                        Lots of good games coming out this year. This one is probably my #1, most anticipated though.
                        I need to sell some of the games I'm not playing to pay for a lot of these newer games.

Crackdown 2 should be awesome. With so much time between this one and the original, so much time to come up with new ideas, gameplay, etc. It should really be a great game.
                        Apparently they didn't have enough time. According to the Game Informer article the plot of the game involves the Agency taking over the city by planting some sort of virus amongst the populace, turning everyone into 'infected'.

Wow, another zombie game. Lord knows we don't have enough of those.

I'm sure the game play will still be fun though.

Comment

• Primetime
                          Thank You Prince
                          • Nov 2008

Wasn't a huge fan of the first one. Only bought it for the Halo 3 multi-player beta. Might check this out though.

Comment

• Maynard
                            stupid ass titles
                            • Feb 2009

cant wait for this game.

Comment

Working...