X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Helicopter
    V Why?
    • Feb 2009

10 min of Gameplay courtesy of Ian Cummings

So this is what it feels like to just cum in your pants all of a sudden?!?!?

That game looks awesome! I loved the running game actually working. The first play of the game Turner hurdles a guy and gets smacked on his way back down. Looked sweet as hell.

The presentation was great and something that I'm not used to seeing from EA. Crowds sounded better as well as the players on the field with the chatter from the fans mixed in. It even shows coordinators now and gives little stats about them. Nice.

Is it August yet?

sigpic
  • Justo
    GFX Crew
    • Dec 2008

FINALLY some Falcons footage

Comment

• kmanharris
      Seven
      • Oct 2008

Was it really realistic with LJ breaking a 4 man tackle?

Other than that it looked great.

Comment

• Justo
        GFX Crew
        • Dec 2008

the only thing i didnt like at about 1:40 in when Jerious Norwood made that catch it said he was 2 yards short of the first down when he was clearly almost on the first down line

Comment

• Helicopter
          V Why?
          • Feb 2009

I'm guessing he was playing the CPU since I didn't see dual playbooks on the screen? Anyway, if he was, the computer looked like it was pretty tough and played a realistic looking game. I wonder what difficulty it was on. I'm not used to seeing the CPU actually run the ball. I loved it!

sigpic

Comment

• BossMyShiiUp24
            Ready for whatever
            • Jun 2009

this looks really good...i cant wait
            25-4 Madden online record

Freestyle player if you want some

Comment

• Obst
              RIP West
              • Oct 2008

Did anyone else notice that the Pistol Formation is now in the game?

Comment

• DirtySouth12
                • Oct 2008

looks sweet, that TD run by Johnson was nice

Comment

• JMeist
                  • Nov 2008

"Tap A repeatedly" Wow that is fucking awesome.

Comment

• j.hen
                    Self Care
                    • Oct 2008

I think Matt Ryan's pre snap animations were really from him. I noticed the same shit I saw him do last season. Nice EA.

Comment

• Justo
                      GFX Crew
                      • Dec 2008

i might sound dumb but what is an accelerated clock?

Comment

• stevsta
                        ¿Que?
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Justo
                        i might sound dumb but what is an accelerated clock?
                        the accelerated clock speeds up the game until the playclock hits 22 or around there makes the game go faster
                        RIP

Comment

• DSpydr84
                          I need a sub
                          • Oct 2008

Just a couple of things I noticed, bolded the ones that really piss me off...

-Counters are still run like trap plays and don't seem to be effective at all (1:08)

-Norwood catching a pass ON the stick and not getting that first? Ehhhh.... (1:34)

-Punt return coverage was EXTREMELY delayed from the lineman (1:49)

-Random stats are great... horribly random stats, not so much (2:46)

-A good random stat! (3:12)

-VERY BAD... the defensive alignment causes HUGE problems for the LT and LG on this play. They end up missing a few guys entirely and Turner bails them out. (5:03)

-Sweet cut-back Mike! (5:09)

-Broke that many tackles? Not good to see this happen 5 minutes into a gameplay video.. these are supposed to be rare (5:49)

-Starting to notice the half-ass special teams. All 10 guys are 20 yards ahead of Norwood before he even catches the ball. (6:34)

-A case of Kansas City having a poor pass rush, or is it just the user getting screwed by the AI leaning in the game's favor (WREAKS of Madden 09)? (7:04)

-WOW.. where to start with this play. We have late reaction by the linebackers (AI leaning in the comp's favor once again), we have suction blocks, and we have the strong safety running to the center of the field for no reason at all, taking himself COMPLETELY out of the play. (7:27)

-REALLY liked the computer running the same type of running play right after a big gain. I hope that wasn't just coincidence. (8:03)

-But ONCE AGAIN... what is going on KC? Your strong side linebacker gets blocked IN HIS BACKPEDAL! Linebackers, quick, what's the first thing you learn when you take the position? FIRST STEP FORWARD! I do like the referee conference after the play however. (8:03)

-Look, I'm not saying KC was gonna stop this play, but keep your eyes on the strong side linebacker on this play (linebacker all the way to the left). This is very poor. Pair that with the strong defensive end (the guy right next to him) who didn't even shoot out of his stance. THIS IS A GOALLINE PLAY. (8:28)

-Great job by the Falcon linebackers of staying home and reacting to the run, unlike Kansas City on the last drive. That doesn't have anything to do with the fact that they're the computer... does it? (9:26)

-Red alert: Power O is magical. Linebackers once again read and flow extremely well for the computer... just a great job by KC making the blocks. (9:46)

For a 10 minute video, this is a horrible turnout in my opinion. Once again EA makes the ratings useless in a human vs computer match, because the computer will always have the advantage (or disadvantage depending on the difficulty). Which, for the most part, is what made Madden 09 so unplayable.

Say what you want about what I do. I'm just trying to be realistic here. This game BARELY edges Madden 09 in terms of gameplay from what I've seen so far.
                          Last edited by DSpydr84; 06-11-2009, 08:15 PM.

Comment

• Helicopter
                            V Why?
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by DSpydr84
                            Just a couple of things I noticed...

-Counters are still run like trap plays and don't seem to be effective at all (1:08)

-Norwood catching a pass ON the stick and not getting that first? Ehhhh.... (1:34)

-Punt return coverage was EXTREMELY delayed from the lineman (1:49)

-Random stats are great... horribly random stats, not so much (2:46)

-A good random stat! (3:12)

-VERY BAD... the defensive alignment causes HUGE problems for the LT and LG on this play. They end up missing a few guys entirely and Turner bails them out. (5:03)

-Sweet cut-back Mike! (5:09)

-Broke that many tackles? Not good to see this happen 5 minutes into a gameplay video.. these are supposed to be rare (5:49)

-Starting to notice the half-ass special teams. All 10 guys are 20 yards ahead of Norwood before he even catches the ball. (6:34)

-A case of Kansas City having a poor pass rush, or is it just the user getting screwed by the AI leaning in the game's favor (WREAKS of Madden 09)? (7:04)

-WOW.. where to start with this play. We have late reaction by the linebackers (AI leaning in the comp's favor once again), we have suction blocks, and we have the strong safety running to the center of the field for no reason at all, taking himself COMPLETELY out of the play. (7:27)

-REALLY liked the computer running the same type of running play right after a big gain. I hope that wasn't just coincidence. (8:03)

-But ONCE AGAIN... what is going on KC? Your strong side linebacker gets blocked IN HIS BACKPEDAL! Linebackers, quick, what's the first thing you learn when you take the position? FIRST STEP FORWARD! I do like the referee conference after the play however. (8:03)

-Look, I'm not saying KC was gonna stop this play, but keep your eyes on the strong side linebacker on this play (linebacker all the way to the left). This is very poor. Pair that with the strong defensive end (the guy right next to him) who didn't even shoot out of his stance. THIS IS A GOALLINE PLAY. (8:28)

-Great job by the Falcon linebackers of staying home and reacting to the run, unlike Kansas City on the last drive. That doesn't have anything to do with the fact that they're the computer... does it? (9:26)

-Red alert: Power O is magical. Linebackers once again read and flow extremely well for the computer... just a great job by KC making the blocks. (9:46)

For a 10 minute video, this is a horrible turnout in my opinion. Once again EA makes the ratings useless in a human vs computer match, because the computer will always have the advantage (or disadvantage depending on the difficulty). Which, for the most part, is what made Madden 09 so unplayable.

Say what you want about what I do. I'm just trying to be realistic here. This game BARELY edges Madden 09 in terms of gameplay from what I've seen so far.
                            Good post, Spydr. Harshly critical, but good.

sigpic

Comment

• ThunderHorse
                              Grind.
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by LoneWolf32

enjoy , Ian ftw.
                              2:54 - Now the Sweep play is a pos play anyway, everyone knows it's almost useless in the game, but this is the exact reason why. When the pulling guard has a linebacker in his face, he lets him go by and decides to block the DB BEHIND the linebacker. The linebacker if the first to make contact and because of that Johnson doesn't get extra yardage.

I wouldn't have a problem with it if the O-lineman attempted to block him and missed, but it looks like the AI had a brainfart and forgot that the linebacker was on a different team.

5:05 - Another Blocking brainfart, this time on the run play the guard completely ignores the defensive lineman and instead attempts to block the nearest linebacker.

At first I couldn't figure out why but after looking at it I did, It's because the Tackle is trying to block the defensive end, instead of the linebacker, and the Guard is going for the linebacker.

Now if the 3-4 Defense was lined up normally it would have made sense, the Defensive end is on the tackle and an inside linebacker is above the guard, the line is pinched though, and the offensive line doesn't recognize it so the Guard lets the defensive end who is shading him go free, you can tell because the tackle is chasing the D-end trying to make the block.

on the same play #73 teleports to the other side of the field and blocks a linebacker.

5:47 - looks good at first because of the long TD run, but another blocking fuck up.

this time #77 has a safety in the open field, but instead of running forward and blocking him, he stops to block a pursuing linebacker.

Not a big deal, but could have cost them a TD, seeing as if he would have blocked the safety instead like he would have in real life, LJ might have gone untouched.

Last Play - Right guard pulls the wrong way on the run

Now these were the key reasons why I've had trouble with Madden over the last few years, I understand the game probably isn't polished and finished yet, but I'm still seeing the same poor offensive line play that I've always seen, and that was something I didn't expect to see.

guys are still letting defenders run past them, which isn't good.

Otherwise it looks great, Looks clean, grass looks superb, stadium is beautiful, player movement could be better, but is still a tad better then last year, the player models are better, equipment looks great.

Throwing Mechanics still look okay, only problem I really see is the blocking, and this is something they should have fixed by now IMO.

Comment

Working...