X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Point Blank
    Needs a hobby
    • Oct 2008

FIFA Tips

Anyone have a tips for FIFA 09. I just got the game yesterday and some good tips and tricks would be use full. Maybe even explain the rules of soccer to me. I've gotten a few offside penalties calls on me. Does that mean is someone is up field upfront me without the ball, I can't pass to him? Almost like a fast break in basketball, I'm kinda confused by that.

Help me out.
  • Archer
    Go the fuck outside
    • Oct 2008

Offside: There must be 2 defensive players (one can be the goalkeeper) , between the attacking player and the goal when the ball is played to the attacking player.

If your attacker is behind the whole defence apart from the goalkeeper and the ball is played through he will be offisde he must be at LEAST level with the defending player furthest from the goal , (goalkeeper counts as one) , it also has to be in their half of the feild u cant be offside in your own half.

Sometimes the opposition defence can use whats called an offisde trap agaisnt ur offence which means the defence will push up when ur about to play the through ball trying to catch ur offensive player offside
    Last edited by Archer; 10-24-2008, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• Archer
      Go the fuck outside
      • Oct 2008

Some tips are to , use formations with alot of men behind the ball leaving only one or 2 upfront and using the counter attack effectivly (u can choose this on ur settings) which on this fifa gives you a solid Defence aswell as a potent offense . Through balls are normally using Y but try pressing LB at the sme time to loft the through ball if u power it right and ur striker is quick it really can pay off , also u can press lb and A when passing to make it a "one two" which means ur guy will pass it then go for the return ball which can really beat the defence

Il post some more later

Comment

• DNEUM
        Welcome Mr. Crabtree
        • Oct 2008

Never played a FIFA game and I'm not much for soccer, but I've heard great things about this game the last couple years so I think I'm gonna try it out. Even Splugeon, who feels pretty much the same way I do about soccer, thought it was a pretty badass game. So might as well give it a shot.

RZML | SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS | 1-0

Comment

• gaysex4lif
          No longer a noob
          • Oct 2008

What I suggest is using the formation 4-3-3.

Try that out and you will get some more goals.

Comment

• Bmore
            The True Free-Man
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by BucK
            What I suggest is using the formation 4-3-3.

Try that out and you will get some more goals.
            pfff that formation sucks.

Go with 4-4-2.

Comment

• gaysex4lif
              No longer a noob
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by BmoreGDX
              pfff that formation sucks.

Go with 4-4-2.
              Haha You n00b (Just Kidding)

4-4-2 is the default formation lol.

Comment

• Point Blank
                Needs a hobby
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by DNEUM
                Never played a FIFA game and I'm not much for soccer, but I've heard great things about this game the last couple years so I think I'm gonna try it out. Even Splugeon, who feels pretty much the same way I do about soccer, thought it was a pretty badass game. So might as well give it a shot.
                Yeah you should. I'm not the biggest soccer game but this game is fun.

Comment

• pierrolicious
                  Noob
                  • Dec 2010

PES is tha bomb

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
                    I Can Score Goals
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by pierrolicious
                    PES is tha bomb
                    :boothisman: