X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MoonBBad
    Think Blue!
    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by red33
    freestyle is more for dudes who still tie their ego and self worth to winning every game so they have to win at all cost.

Sim is more for guys who want to play and have fun and still be competitive.
    Like the clowns on that Madden Nation tournament. That tourney is a joke and the players that play in it are garbage.
    Golden Sombraro Season 2: Dodgers 10-8
    AIM: MoonBBad YIM: omdbass PS3 ID: MoonBBad

Comment

• MRN
      MRNeverwearthesamething
      • Nov 2008

When I play, it isn't just sim, or freestyle, I play mainly sim, but throw in a few freestyle tactics, so basically I have an entire scheme I run, but it is full of plays that set up the rocket catch, and work around being freestyle, so I am not running the same money play over and over again, I am mixing it up effectively.

Comment

• JOHNNYTHECLOWN
        WAAAASSSSUUUUP
        • Mar 2009

Who the fuck are you Rex Ryan?

Comment

• Raidersabc123
          Wakka Wakka
          • Dec 2008

freestyle is the only way to go, Sim is for a bunch of whining girls who complain when they lose.
          If you say someone is running the same play than stop it and stop bitching about it.
          THe MaDDeN GoD

Comment

• adembroski
            All-Inclusive!
            • Feb 2009

We're calling it freestyle now? That's a pretty grotesque evasion. How about "I couldn't read a defense if it was written on the inside of my helmet so I'll use google to find glitches, then when that doesn't work I pull the plug" style?
            S.P.Q.A.

Comment

• MVP1991
              The Man
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MRN
              The people who complain about freestyle are usually the ones who lose to them, and then make excuses about the way they play. There are no problems with freestyle. It's just a different way to play.
              I prefer sim play but I'm sure I could school you playing freestyle. Playing freestyle all the time can get frustrating.

The Golden Turducken
              Season 1: 11-5 (Super Bowl Champion)
              Season 2: 12-4 (NFC West Champion)

Season 3: 9-4

Comment

• MRN
                MRNeverwearthesamething
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by adembroski
                We're calling it freestyle now? That's a pretty grotesque evasion. How about "I couldn't read a defense if it was written on the inside of my helmet so I'll use google to find glitches, then when that doesn't work I pull the plug" style?
                Can you tell me what part of freestyle play is a glitch?

I read defenses every damn play, I run schemes, I have an offense, I just throw in RC's and make it rain every once in a while, and I use a few other tactics, I don't glitch at all, unless you count RC as a glitch.

Comment

• deejay8595
                  • Mar 2009

BUM!............

Comment

• Helicopter
                    V Why?
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Raidersabc123
                    freestyle is the only way to go, Sim is for a bunch of whining girls who complain when they lose.
                    If you say someone is running the same play than stop it and stop bitching about it.
                    *GROAN*

Sim play isn't about winning or losing, it's about simulating an NFL game that you would see played on Sunday. The same play won't work over and over again in a real game but it can work in Madden. It's gay running the same play repeatedly and it's even worse watching it.
                    Last edited by Helicopter; 06-25-2009, 09:38 AM.

sigpic

Comment

• JOHNNYTHECLOWN
                      WAAAASSSSUUUUP
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Helicopter
                      *GROAN*

Sim play isn't about winning or losing, it's about simulating an NFL game that you would see played on Sunday. The same play won't work over and over again in a real game but it can work in Madden. It's gay running the same play repeatedly and it's even worse watching it.

exactly what copter said. I'll take a legit L, I have no prob losing to a sim player. and occasionally a sim player will pull a shady shit, most the time i give them the benefit of doubt - but when someone runs some lame azz money play, that I'm all over after the 2nd time you called it and the CPU AI just isn't getting in - yeah that's totally my fault.

and i GUARENTEE you Raiders123abc.. I would stomp your azz - hell I'll play Sim you can play fag freestyle and i'll still shut you down.

Comment

• adembroski
                        All-Inclusive!
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MRN

I read defenses every damn play, I run schemes, I have an offense, I just throw in RC's and make it rain every once in a while, and I use a few other tactics, I don't glitch at all, unless you count RC as a glitch.
                        And... I do!
                        S.P.Q.A.

Comment

• Herm
                          Boomshakalaka
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by MrSanman
                          Help me out here what is freestyle? And what exactly do you guys consider sim? The reason I am asking is because reading the PS3 forums damn near everything is cheese or a glitch. You guys seem to be the cream of the crop and I wanted to get your opinions.
                          some quick things to be considered sim

NEVER using glitches like qb draw glitch, wr direct snap, field goal block by cycling between two players until the ball is snapped (thats just a few of the major nonos from the past five years)

actually punt the ball when and where its appropriate, if you want to play like and idiot and go for it on 4th and 27 at your own 20 thats fine but most guys dont want to deal with crap like that and wont play you again

VARY YOUR PLAYCALLING anyone in the world can play all game with their 3 money plays on offense and defense that takes ZERO SKILL my 5 year old nephew can do that. Its take more skill to actually learn your playbook and have about 7 different plays you could use for each situation that pops up.

Playaction pass on 3rd and long has been the cheesers biggest money play since the dawn of online play, its hilarious. NO nfl team is running playaction on 3rd and long it would just lead to a sack because everyone knows its a pass play, but guys try this to fool the dumb AI>

thats a very quick version of what sim is
                          Last edited by Herm; 06-25-2009, 11:07 AM.

Comment

• Herm
                            Boomshakalaka
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Legacy
                            We should get a list of guys who play this way. So I can avoid cheezheads
                            check the golden turducken signup thread as most of those guys are pretty sim

Comment

• Herm
                              Boomshakalaka
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by MRN

bold

Comment

• Herm
                                Boomshakalaka
                                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Legacy
                                What is RC?
                                rocket catch

look on youtube if you want to see that mess in action

Comment

Working...