X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Twigg4075
    Kindergarten Cop
    • Feb 2009

Ads coming to Xbox Live

I can't believe no one is talking about this...

What a bunch of horse shit. Sure, if they were going to incorporate ads and make Live free I wouldn't have a problem with it, but this is just fucking ridiculous. First they force people to download this bullshit NXE and now this?

I live how Major Douche (Nelson)'s site is getting hammered. I don't think there's a single person that thinks this is a good idea. I especially like about the third post down where the guy says "How about you fix the slowness of Live first?"

I'm just waiting for the first Xbot to come in this thread defending how much of a great idea this is.

• jms493
    • Feb 2009

dont approve unless the make it cheaper or free

Comment

• Chrispy
      Needs a hobby
      • Dec 2008

They better make it cheaper to get xbox live else this is going to be so gay. Every where u go u see ads.

Comment

• mfbmike
        Goat****er
        • Nov 2008

Comment

• Ravin
          Dishing the Gino's
          • Feb 2009

I'm not an Xbot, but I just don't give a shit. Go ahead, put ads on my Xbox live. What the hell do I care? I put the game in the machine, it loads up. Or I click up twice and press my game, then hit the green X button to go to the dashboard thinger while the game loads to join a party. I maybe spend all of 20 seconds on the NXE.
          All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

The NHL series is a giver, Madden takes the load.

Comment

• jms493
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Ravin
            I'm not an Xbot, but I just don't give a shit. Go ahead, put ads on my Xbox live. What the hell do I care? I put the game in the machine, it loads up. Or I click up twice and press my game, then hit the green X button to go to the dashboard thinger while the game loads to join a party. I maybe spend all of 20 seconds on the NXE.

I agree to a point but when i am paying for a service i dont expect to get hit by advertisements. Like Satellite radio or Movie Channels.

But it is hard to avoid.....even my gamefly envelopes have advertisements on them....jeez

Comment

• Twigg4075
              Kindergarten Cop
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jms493
              But it is hard to avoid.....even my gamefly envelopes have advertisements on them....jeez
              True, but you aren't paying for the shipping, so...
              Originally posted by Doughboy
              thats bullshit that were payen for this and still getten ads how much fricken money does MS need..they arent even fixing any bullshit
              That is the biggest kick in the nuts. The Live interface has been slow as dog shit ever since NXE hit the scene and instead of resolving those issues they are concentrating on how further to line their bulging pockets.

Comment

• Virix
                I see you
                • Nov 2008

As long as it is keeping MS from raising the price of Live i am fine with it. Really not that big of a deal to me.

Comment

• RosettaStoned
                  Throbbing Tebowner
                  • Oct 2008

I pay for the internet, there are ads all over it...
                  So, metaphorically speaking, our physiology basically has the universe mapped out and you're thinking it needs to be taught addition & subtraction.

-Alan Aragon

Comment

• Jax
                    JarrettLeger.com
                    • Oct 2008

PS3+Wireless+Free Online+No Ads= WIN

Comment

• dave
                      Go the fuck outside
                      • Oct 2008

We should be allowed to opt out of ads if we have a gold subscription.
                      My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• RosettaStoned
                        Throbbing Tebowner
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by TheWitness23
                        The difference is MS is double charging us. Directv isn't seeing the money from the ads the play on espn.
                        They see a piece of it.
                        So, metaphorically speaking, our physiology basically has the universe mapped out and you're thinking it needs to be taught addition & subtraction.

-Alan Aragon

Comment

• Maynard
                          stupid ass titles
                          • Feb 2009

omg....like this is new news....ads have been on live for some time now. They are showing full video commercials in certain area of the dashboard. Ads are in the games too and have been for years now. Just last night i was playing TW and saw an ad for entourage new episode this weekend. Which was good cause i forgot about it.

And this LAME argument about paying 50 bucks for the service so i shouldnt see ads.....get real and wake up. just because you pay for it doesnt mean you wont have ads. Ever goto a sporting event? you buy a ticket and see ads all over the stadium. If you have something that inst advertising, you can expect it is a shitty ass organization.

Your not paying $50 to MS for no ads, your paying $50 for their live service

Comment

• MRN
                            MRNeverwearthesamething
                            • Nov 2008

I could really care less, I pay for live, if I get to play my games, what is wrong?

It's a business, you guys are telling me that you wouldn't do whatever you could to make a little extra money?

Comment

• jms493
                              • Feb 2009

I really hate that they show commercials in the previews of movies......noone ever seemed to complain about that. It is fucking annoying! Cant get away from the shit!!

Comment

Working...