Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rush
    vsn has rizzen

• Oct 2008

I just got my copy of the game in the mail (360) from EA. I am in Raleigh though and the game was delivered to my place in Greensboro with is 80 miles away. I am going to have somebody overnight it to me so I can probably play it tomorrow, etc.

Comment

• godspeed
      • Mar 2009

here are some quick observations after playing 4 games yesterday.

Overall, I didn;t expect a good game, since everything has been so overtly negative from the demo. Much to my surprise the game is pretty good. Sure there aren;t any great leaps and bounds, yeah it might be NCAA 9.5, but it will satisfy the colelge football fan for this year. Don;t really think the demo was a good way to gauge the overall game probbably.

There are alot of new tackling animations, especially breaking tackle animations that are very well done. Expecially in the open field. I feel alot of these are user control and you can really shake of a defender if in the open field if they are trying to drag you down depending on your control, or maybe I just want to think that..lol. Regardlss, animations are well done, not over the top, not used to often, just right.

You can get pressure on the QB, it's tough, but you can do it. Really like the new animation of getting to the QB, while the QB is in motion and him throwing up an occasional duck. Only seen it happens a few times, but if you get to the QB while in motion, you can get to him. I tried dragging Tewbow down, while he was trying to throw, he threw up a 3 yard duck, that I USer picked with my DL it was pretty cool. We've seen it in previous years, but just think it's well done this year. But it seems QB's can throw with less accuracy under durress this year.

Camera angles do give the play away, especially when the offense is runnign an option play it's a huge give a way. Rosters are pretty jacked up, but we know they are fixing those maybe they can fix the pre-snap camera.
      Last edited by godspeed; 07-10-2009, 12:55 PM.

Comment

• kyhadley
        Carefree
        • Oct 2008

For anyone that has the game for PS3, can you do the in game XMB screenshot feature like in The Show?

Comment

• nflman2033
          George Brett of VSN
          • Apr 2009

lol, its funny, but i played one game of the demo, and i had no problems getting to the QB without blitzing, then again I had no problems last year, but on the demo it was even easier, didn't even break a block.

Comment

• JTRaines92
            Boss
            • Mar 2009

I always wanted to know how some of my PSN buddies got games early.

Comment

• kyhadley
              Carefree
              • Oct 2008

I just want to know...
              Originally posted by kyhadley
              ....can you do the in game XMB screenshot feature like in The Show?

Comment

• Champ
                Needs a hobby
                • Oct 2008

For those of you that have modded 360s join a newsgroup and learn how to burn your own games. Its out on Newsgroups right now.

Comment

• Hogle
                  the franchise
                  • Jul 2009

i was wondering about the coin toss, because in the demo, it's heads every time, it better not be like that in the game
                  sigpic

Comment

• G-men
                    Posts too much
                    • Nov 2011

on a whole how would should say the gameplay is. i liked it on 09 but for the demo it seemed a little rough. does it seem better at all from what it was in 09?

Comment

• godspeed
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by TheAnswer727
                      In the demo they had the tackling animation where the defender dove and grabbed the top of the runners pads and pulled him down backwards way to much. Is it still one of the really constant tackling animations?
                      No, I personally haven't see it alot at all yet, but again I'm going on only my 5th game now.

Comment

• godspeed
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by elkpride019

One last thing. I love the new WR/DB interaction. So much more realistic. Dropped balls, wrs and cbs fighting for the ball. Its great stuff. :gold:
                        Yeah and USER catching and INT'ing isn't as impossible as I thought it was going to be.

Comment

• godspeed
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by elkpride019
                          What really has me happy is that speed backs are no longer the end all be all. Yes, speed is always nice to have but power backs with good strength ratings will definately be effective this year too. The ideal back will be a player with decent speed, power, size, ect. who has good ratings in all categories. Last year if you had a frosh RB rated 74 overall with 99 speed he was almost garunateed to be a top back if you started him. This is no longer the case.
                          What I liked about the running game it seemed that you can really set up your blocks well this year. If you are really patient, and wait until your line either engages or pulls, then engages, you can really set up some big gains if you lay off the turbo and be patient.

Comment

• G-men
                            Posts too much
                            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Hogle
                            i was wondering about the coin toss, because in the demo, it's heads every time, it better not be like that in the game
                            is it really i never even noticed.

Comment

• -Ray27Rice-
                              Noob
                              • Jan 2009

What are the Top 25 teams?

Comment

• godspeed
                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by CLW
                                LMAO it's ALWAYS "good shit" for the first week or so. Guys are just giddy to have a new game on their hands and they haven't had enough time to find/see all the issues.
                                Of couse with more time you are going to see and find the issues.

But I think people have posted both good and bad of what they have seen so far.

Comment

Working...