X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brees fan
    Shotgunning 4ur sins
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Zeebz
    Get NCAA at GameStop, then when Madden comes out you can trade NCAA in and get $40 towards Madden if you don't like NCAA that is. It's a bit better than last years, but not a huge leap forward.
    Yea thats more than likely what I'm going to do, if I do decide to return it it wont cost me anymore than a month rental would have if not less...
    (*)I am a 25 year old pathological liar. I didn't have any friends growing up, so I feel that I have to impress people I may never meet online with fabricated stories. Any threads/messages I write are strictly false, and have no relevance to any daily experiences in my life. Basically, I am just a law respecting, citizen with no friends(*)

Comment

• ryne candy
      Aggie C/O '01
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by dave
      4) Not enough penalties
      Unless you put aggressive in your game planning. I had it on normal and wasn't getting enough penalties, so I switched it to aggressive. I had 4 straight flags....either holding or facemask while on defense. The idea is a good but doesn't seem to work very well. Hopefully when sliders are fixed....penalty calls will be adjusted.

Comment

• Sven Draconian
        Not a Scandanavian
        • Feb 2009

I rented it, like some things. Probably not worth buying though.

I've played 2 games and wrapped up the playoffs in a RTF (4 games). Heres a few thoughts.

1) Pass rush is weak. You can generate pressure with the front 4, but it requires a sacred indian dance ritual followed by a finishing code from Mortal Combat. It's improved over last year, but it isn't "fixed".

Atleast blitzing is fairly effective this year. Not great, but decent.

2) Coverage is significantly improved. Much more physical coverage, tighters zones. Overally a lot better. A few batted balls a game help as well. Fairly happy with this.

3) The branching tackle window/gang tackle addition is pretty solid. Nice animations and a lot more user steering.

4) New flexbone package = jizz in my pants.

The game is still to fast. The game is still to twitchy.

Realize that I gave up on '08 and '09 very quickly. '09 I stopped playing within a week. This game doesn't have the obvious game killing flaws (Interception/Fumbles in '08, no defense in '09) on the surface. Maybe they'll surface, but it is atleast worth the rental.

Comment

• brees fan
          Shotgunning 4ur sins
          • Jan 2009

I bought it today and I gotta say I'm digging it everything just seems real fluid, I honestly believe EA but alot of effort into this years games hopefully madden has improved along these same lines...
          (*)I am a 25 year old pathological liar. I didn't have any friends growing up, so I feel that I have to impress people I may never meet online with fabricated stories. Any threads/messages I write are strictly false, and have no relevance to any daily experiences in my life. Basically, I am just a law respecting, citizen with no friends(*)

Comment

• dave
            Go the fuck outside
            • Oct 2008

OK. I've played it enough now to pass judgment here.

BUY

Is it perfect? No
            Is it damn fun? Yes

Now that the patch is out (PS3 ... it will likely be Tuesday for the 360, not sure) - this game is gonna be a ton of fun until Madden drops.

Once Madden drops, this sucker gets traded in - but that's not a reflection of the game. I'm just an NFL fan. NCAA is an expensive one-month rental for me.

All that said, if you're a college football fanatic - run, don't walk, to get this one.
            My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• brees fan
              Shotgunning 4ur sins
              • Jan 2009

Yea I totally agree, I may not trade it back for madden if it continues to deliver solid game play

Comment

Working...