• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tengo Juego
    Posts a lot
    • Jun 2009

Dashboard Update coming August 11th

Via Kotaku
    Tucked into a Comic-Con announcement from Microsoft is news that the Xbox 360's next Xbox Live update is coming in 21 days.

The 360 dash will get an update on August 11.

In it, Microsoft confirmed today, will be the launch of the new Xbox Live Games On Demand service, which will launch with more than 30 games. Examples listed in Microsoft's press release include Assassin's Creed, BioShock, Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, Mass Effect, and Sonic The Hedgehog.

Also on the 11th will be the introduction of Netflix party support, allowing multiple people to watch Netflix movies together. The Avatar marketplace will launch, offering virtual knicknacks like an RC Warthog from Halo.

Matching the schedule Microsoft gave Kotaku after E3, Xbox 360 integrations with Twitter, Facebook and Last.FM as well as the ability to instantly stream movies in 1080p for users with fast enough connections will go live in the fall.
  • MrBill
    Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
    • Feb 2009

If the Games on Demand feature takes off, I bet it won't be long before we start seeing new games available for download on launch day ala' Steam. That would be a huge savings for MS and possibly even put a dent in piracy.

Comment

• Tengo Juego
      Posts a lot
      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by MrBill
      If the Games on Demand feature takes off, I bet it won't be long before we start seeing new games available for download on launch day ala' Steam. That would be a huge savings for MS and possibly even put a dent in piracy.
      It'd be nice to give people that option. But just as long as its secondary. I don't really get excited over the idea of DD.

Comment

• theMINI
        • Nov 2008

Who the fuck will watch a movie with a headset on to talk to other people watching the same movie at the same time? No one chats during a movie anyway. completely WTF

Comment

• Twigg4075
          Kindergarten Cop
          • Feb 2009

I don't give two shits about all this new crap. Just speed up my dashboard assholes.

Comment

Working...