EA only offering Online Franchise to those who buy the game?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThunderHorse
    Grind.
    • Nov 2008

EA only offering Online Franchise to those who buy the game?

Originally posted by houtz
    Timsgiants just sent me this link.

Notice how it shows "Online Franchise" under the Madden Shop.

If this is true... FML!
    No Way EA does that...

That would be the most underhanded, dirty thing I've ever seen a company do.
  • A Tasty Burgerr
    ▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀
    • Oct 2008

Well didn't they charge for that NBA Live DNA shit too? Pretty much the same thing.

Comment

• Raidersabc123
      Wakka Wakka
      • Dec 2008

Wow just wow if EA does this unbelievable
      THe MaDDeN GoD

Comment

• AJay
        Fighter of the Nightman
        • Oct 2008

I seriously hope this is a misunderstanding. If EA is gonna charge us for this feature we're all fucked. They know that most of us will buy it regardless. Fuck. I hope EA gets a developer to clear this up.

Originally posted by raiderfan7
        What they do is when you buy the game there is a code inside that you redeem to get OF. It's basically a way to prevent people that rent the game to play online franchise.
        Why wouldn't they let people who rent it give it a try? That might make or break their decision to purchase it. I don't understand that reasoning
        Last edited by AJay; 07-29-2009, 11:14 PM.

Comment

• Saluki
          Ball So Hard
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by raiderfan7
          What they do is when you buy the game there is a code inside that you redeem to get OF. It's basically a way to prevent people that rent the game to play online franchise.
          It's this, It's just like teambuilder, you don't buy it but you have to put in the code that comes with the game for it to work.

Comment

• MF Prime
            • Jun 2009

Damn so basically the GameStop, buy it used, people will be shit outta luck??

While it won't effect me , or is it affect?, that is kinda messed up.

"Weekly Dose of DOOM: All Caps ~ MF Doom

Comment

• dave
              Go the fuck outside
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by ATB
              Well didn't they charge for that NBA Live DNA shit too? Pretty much the same thing.
              Only for used games. If you bought NBA Live new, you got a code.
              My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• Tengo Juego
                Posts a lot
                • Jun 2009

Ghey

Comment

• Point Blank
                  Needs a hobby
                  • Oct 2008

I was about to say..:laugh:

Comment

• Saluki
                    Ball So Hard
                    • Oct 2008

If you buy it used you'll prob have to buy a code, but a code ships on the back of the book with every game

Comment

• dave
                      Go the fuck outside
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Saluki
                      If you buy it used you'll prob have to buy a code, but a code ships on the back of the book with every game
                      That's how it works ... and I have no issue with that. EA just wants to make some money on used games.
                      If I developed games, I'd be pissed too if they were sold second-hand and I didn't get a cut.
                      I know that's an unpopular opinion, but EA is using its servers which cost money. Used game players should pay their share of that cost IMO.
                      My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• The Messenger
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by dave
                        That's how it works ... and I have no issue with that. EA just wants to make some money on used games.
                        If I developed games, I'd be pissed too if they were sold second-hand and I didn't get a cut.
                        I know that's an unpopular opinion, but EA is using its servers which cost money. Used game players should pay their share of that cost IMO.
                        What are you talking about? If the game is sold from one person to another, that game doesn't multiply in numbers, it stays the same.

That's like if I bought a used TV from you, but was forced to send Sony $25 because they didn't get my money the first go-round.

Click the banner above or below to visit the greatest chises on Earth!

Comment

• Jagsfan61
                          Go Jaguars
                          • Oct 2008

it also keeps the people who copy the game from playing without paying something if they want online franchises....

Comment

• Realist
                            • Mar 2009

even though i'm buy the game, i still think that's really dumb on EA's part

Comment

• Miami Flash15
                              The Jets Suck
                              • Jul 2009

I wouldn't say so. I think it's the same thing as NBA Live 365. It prevents people who rent the game and borrow from their friends to play their OF. If that were the case then I could buy Madden play my game on my OF and let me friend borrow it and play his. Rinse and repeat.

Comment

Working...