EA only offering Online Franchise to those who buy the game?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hogle
    the franchise
    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by AJay
    Why wouldn't they let people who rent it give it a try? That might make or break their decision to purchase it. I don't understand that reasoning
    if you rented it, you would have nowhere near enough time with the game to run an online franchise, you would only get to like week 5 unless you were in it by yourself in which case you should just be playing offline franchise
    sigpic

Comment

• Boucher
      King of EDM
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by CLW
      EA is CLEARLY headed in this direction given the drop in sales.

IMO, instead of focussing on making the game so... much better to increase sales they are going to think of ways to nickle/dime the people that do buy the game to death and to prevent those who buy the game used and/or rent from being able to play a complete game.

Just wait, one day it will be you need to buy it new to do ANYTHING other than Exhibition games.
      This isnt the developers who make you pay for things, its the executives who want every penny out of you. I believe that Ian and his team have done a lot to make this game better than it was last year.

Comment

• FishStickZ
        I'm a fish, yo.
        • Apr 2009

I don't even see how this topic is even an issue. Like we said earlier, most of us are buying the game, and if you do you'll get a code to give you the Online Franchise feature. It's not a code that allows you to play one franchise... it unlocks the whole feature. Why in the fuck would EA even assume when we purchase the game we all only want to play one OF. It's retarded to even think EA would do that, and that's saying something.

Comment

• stevsta
          ¿Que?
          • Oct 2008

considering how some games have leaks and pirates get a hold of it early this could make them have to buy a code to play online which i guess is ok
          RIP

Comment

Working...