X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KNUBB
    WHITE RONDO
    • Jun 2009

Tony Hawk Ride

Looks like too much work. Might be awesome still. I love Skate and this could actually top that

• KNUBB
    WHITE RONDO
    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by houtz
    I wouldn't go that far. In fact from what I hear Skate has been pushed back till 2010. I'm sure they'll have their own version of the interactive skateboard.

The one thing I don't understand is why Tony Hawk took a step back visually. I'm not a game developer so I'm not 100% sure but does using something like the guitar for guitar hero and the skateboard in Tony Hawk take away from what the game can do visually?

The tricks don't look near as fluid as they have in past Tony Hawk games.
    It doesnt look too bad. The thing i'm liking best about the board is that it eliminates the arcade scores that ppl started being able to rack up. That was when I lost all interest in Tony Hawk.

Comment

• Lupe
      Posts a lot
      • Nov 2008

I always have loved the Tony Hawk games but I refuse to pay $120 for that. I hope you can just buy the game without the board but prolly not. I'll end up getting this in like march lol. Don't care about reviews I am a tony hawk fanboy.

Originally posted by Len B
      Lupe is good peeps. He gets a bad rap from people who take message boards too seriously and forget what it's like to be young and online. I consider Lupe a top 100 prospect in the minors and someday becomes a solid poster.

Comment

• RKO BLACK RKO
        i did it 4 the YAWK
        • Feb 2009

This looks good, interesting even but Skate has changed the whole landscape or boarding games. I still got cats playing Skate 1 & 2 Religiously.

This will spark the eye of the 16 and under skater who wants something different, but most people won't buy into the gimmick.

Comment

• Lupe
          Posts a lot
          • Nov 2008

Play skate and that'll change.

Tony Hawk knows he has to do something to compete with the skate franchise. IMO his biggest mistake was not creating a realistic skateboarding game. He probably wasn't sure how liked it would be among gamers that don't skateboard.

I'll give this game a try just for the gimmicky board. I'm sure it's the only way you'll be able to play this game. With it's release in November I wouldn't be surprised if it's bare boned and does nothing more then keep you guessing for future Hawk games.

I'll give it a try, maybe even buy it. I'm just curious how kickflips and shit work if the board wont actually be flipping.

I played Skate 1 and I hated it. Tryed the Skate 2 demo and I thought it was garbage. I feel like alot of my friends who play Live but I tell them 2k is better and they say it's garbage. Skate is just not for me. I would rather play Tony Hawks American Wasteland or Tony Hawks underground 2. I'm prolly just use to the button mashing style of the tony hawk games LOL.

Originally posted by Len B
          Lupe is good peeps. He gets a bad rap from people who take message boards too seriously and forget what it's like to be young and online. I consider Lupe a top 100 prospect in the minors and someday becomes a solid poster.

Comment

• riley420
            You're goddamned right.
            • Feb 2009

You couldn't pay me to try that game.

I take that back, if you paid me, I'd do it. But I wouldn't do it for free.

Comment

• Twigg4075
              Kindergarten Cop
              • Feb 2009

I think the whole idea is ridiculous. How long before someone breaks their tv or something else with this thing. Fucking retarded.

Comment

• cf24
                WESTBROOK
                • Feb 2009

This guy wont be checking it out,and i skate every day.
                The Skate franchise has made skating games the way they are supposed to be made.I used to be the most hardcore Tony Hawkcawk sucker,until that most recent piece of shit came out..uhm..i dont even remember the name of it.But it dropped a little bit before the first Skate,i think.

Anyways..this game gets a pass from me.

Comment

• Herm
                  Boomshakalaka
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by cf24
                  This guy wont be checking it out,and i skate every day.
                  The Skate franchise has made skating games the way they are supposed to be made.I used to be the most hardcore Tony Hawkcawk sucker,until that most recent piece of shit came out..uhm..i dont even remember the name of it.But it dropped a little bit before the first Skate,i think.

Anyways..this game gets a pass from me.
                  skate or die> tony hawk games

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s2i4Ql0Jlc"]YouTube - Skate or Die - NES Gameplay[/ame]

Comment

• zack54attack
                    Posts a lot
                    • Dec 2008

I used to LOVE Tony Hawk games... But when Skate came out, I played those instead. It's way more realistic. In Tony Hawk you can do trick combos that arent possible in real life, by mashing buttons.. unreal.

Comment

• SHOGUN
                      4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
                      • Jul 2009

skate & Thrasher > all skateboarding games.
                      Truth.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

Working...