• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wildcard
    ®3+@®d5 = 6®0@n5
    • Oct 2008

Played Some of My VSN "Sim" Brethren Today

I'm not mad. First off.

Secondly this doesn't bother me too much. I just thought I'd mention it, and see what everyone else thinks.

I mix up my defensive play calling a lot. I play more man than anything else.

But we're all bro's here and I'm just wondering why everytime my opponent sees me in Man he instantly throws it to the HB?

I played 3 games today, and the stats went like this.

GM 1 - HB1 - 5 rec 47 yards. HB2 - 4 rec 41 yards.

GM2 - HB1 - 6 rec 26 yds. HB2 - 3 rec 37 yds.

GM3 - HB1 - 6 rec 61 yds HB2 - 2 rec 23 yds FB1 - 3 rec 22 yds ( I also swatted and picked off 3 passes aatemted at HB 1 and FB1)

Honestly, it's not a big deal, and like I said I'm not mad. It's just that why are we doing this to each other? Are we that desperate for wins? We all know the flats are an exploit this year. I wouldn't be that bothered by it if people weren't doing it 9 times a game and mostly on third downs.

I'd like to think of myself as a really good stick skills person, and when I sit in Zone I can give alot of you a hard time, but I like to mix up man a lot, but I don't think I'm going to run man anymore if you're immediately going to dump it off to the HB in the flats.

Toodles, Kisses. xOxOxO
    Originally posted by Leftwich 2-14-2009
    I wasn't comparing myself to Wildcard. I honestly don't think I could compare myself to God.

• Tailback U
    No substitute 4 strength.
    • Nov 2008

get out of man defense. this is your problem not theirs.

Comment

• Wildcard
      ®3+@®d5 = 6®0@n5
      • Oct 2008

I just dont want people to bitch when I play zone all game then
      I wasn't comparing myself to Wildcard. I honestly don't think I could compare myself to God.

Comment

• The Buddha
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Wildcard
        I just dont want people to bitch when I play zone all game then
        I look at it like this...if you run man, and they just throw to the RBs then run zone. Fuck being nice shit..if they want to do the same shit, then you just counter it with something that can stop it.

---

Comment

• Realist
          • Mar 2009

At this point man, I realized that people are going to play whatever way they want. Hell, Hightower (Cardinals RB) had 12 catches vs the 49ers last week. The way I look at it, if guys are going to continue to hit the back in man, I'm going to screen, screen, screen and use trips formation on those that sit in zone all day..

Comment

• mcstl25
            M-Castle
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by The Buddha
            I look at it like this...if you run man, and they just throw to the RBs then run zone. Fuck being nice shit..if they want to do the same shit, then you just counter it with something that can stop it.
            And that's how it should be. That's football! Yes the game has flaws, but it's not sim at all to see a rb wide open in the backfield and not throw to him or to call man defense just to mix it up even though you know it's not the best playcall in that situation.

Comment

• Coach
              • Aug 2009

I go into games expecting this so I either cover the RB myself or either audible to a one of my 2 plays that covers the flats right before the snap. Nothing anyone does surprises me anymore.

Comment

• PP
                • Feb 2010

Cant expect me to not throw to wide open people. If they fix it good, if not gotta take what u are given.

Comment

• Wildcard
                  ®3+@®d5 = 6®0@n5
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by PP
                  Cant expect me to not throw to wide open people. If they fix it good, if not gotta take what u are given.
                  I guess some people see it that way. But it seems like people go "LULz look at this dumbass in Man Coverage. I'm not even going to drop back or look through my reads. This dumbass wants to run man watch this leet skillz LULZ" then immediately throw to the flats.

Comment

• red33
                    • Feb 2009

u know whats funny i rarely thrtow to the RB, 5 is probably the most all game but maybe this si why im not elite.

Comment

• Herm
                      Boomshakalaka
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by The Buddha
                      yes and if you call zone all game you are getting run up the gut on all game long, it all evens out in the end.

Its my goal to run the ball every play one game this year, i havent been able to bring myself to do it just yet though.
                      Last edited by Herm; 09-17-2009, 09:15 AM.

Comment

• DSpydr84
                        I need a sub
                        • Oct 2008

I play almost 70% man coverage and have yet to have a RB really torch me in the passing game. I don't know what you guys are doing that's so ineffective... the flats really aren't a problem for me at all.

Comment

• Saluki
                          Ball So Hard
                          • Oct 2008

When a team starts going to their RB every play, and it's a RB thats faster than my LBs, i'll just put a saftey on him when i play man, shuts that shit down real quick

Comment

• stevsta
                            ¿Que?
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Saluki
                            When a team starts going to their RB every play, and it's a RB thats faster than my LBs, i'll just put a saftey on him when i play man, shuts that shit down real quick
                            sadly if your team is slow as molasses and your hb has speed like chris johson your sol
                            RIP

Comment

• dave
                              Go the fuck outside
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by red33
                              u know whats funny i rarely thrtow to the RB, 5 is probably the most all game but maybe this si why im not elite.
                              For me, once Westbrook hits 5 catches, I stop throwing to him.
                              I'm mad if at least seven different guys don't have a catch (and McNabb doesn't have 4-6 INTs) every game.

Originally posted by DSpydr84
                              I play almost 70% man coverage and have yet to have a RB really torch me in the passing game. I don't know what you guys are doing that's so ineffective... the flats really aren't a problem for me at all.
                              Are you talking online or offline play here?
                              Last edited by dave; 09-17-2009, 12:34 PM.
                              My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

Working...