X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maynard
    stupid ass titles
    • Feb 2009

nhl 10 question

people seemed to love nhl 09. I havnt played it or any hockey game since nhl 2k7 which was a very realistic sim style game that i enjoyed. nhl 07 had just introduced the stick control thing (whatever its called) and people were enjoying it, but it was somewhat arcady from what people said

i am not a hockey fan at all. but i loved playing hockey games in the past. I want fighting, and realistic, but fun gameplay. Gameplay that is fast paced up and down the ice. I will play season mode, but dont really care about trading or cpu logic. But i do care about good competition from the cpu

my question is, do you guys feel like nhl 10 is worth owning based on the few things i am looking for??

try and forget the fact that you played nhl 09 and nhl 10 is just about the same game. remember, i didnt play nhl 09 so this will be brand new to me

thanks in advance!
  • PP
    • Feb 2010

Absolutely. NHL is one of the funnest games around. You won't be dissapointed.

Comment

• Sharkweather
      • Jul 2009

Yeah the brand new fighting system is pretty sweet, so if fighting is high on your list I think you will enjoy this game.

Comment

• killgod
        OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
        • Oct 2008

nhl 09 and 10 aren't too much the same IMO.

they took a bit of an approach that Madden did and slowed it down from video game speed to real life speed, which was great for the game.

The new fighting is fun, it really is. I've fought the CPU countless times and humans online and it's not even close to 'getting old'.

New to this year is a whole slew of new slider options where you can customize difficulty, speed and game style. You can set the game to be Hardcore (basically real life) or have it more casual. There's a few tuning presets in there that will probably get you the experience you are looking for.

This game should definitely meet your desires.

Comment

• Krebs
          The Fish are Sleeping
          • Oct 2008

putting shooting as deking on the skill stick was the best thing this game ever did, it makes it far less arcadey than years before it. and for the love of god, dont bother with 2k10

Comment

• dave
            Go the fuck outside
            • Oct 2008

NHL 10 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NHL 09

As for the stick controls, you don't have to use them. You can use different setups, including the NHL 94 controller setup (two buttons).

All that said, if I can learn the learn controls, so can you Maynard. It took a few games, no doubt, but once you learn them you'll be glad you did.

This game kills Madden, is a win over the Show (IMO) and my early candidate for sports game of the year.
            My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

Working...