Does OVR team rating affect how well your team plays?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Deegeezy
    Noob
    • Jul 2009

Does OVR team rating affect how well your team plays?

I am currently in the midst of year 2 of my Bengals franchise. I started the year 5-3 and was riding high winning 3 straight games. Then Carson Palmer goes down with a season ending injury. Before his injury, my team's overall rating was an 83 which was better than a lot of my opponents. After he went down, the rating dropped to like 75 which is now worse than most of my opponents.

I dont know if it is just in my head but it seems like everybody on my team "plays differently." I all of a sudden can't get a stop on defense, can't run the ball as well, and I have receivers dropping passes left and right.

Did my OVR rating going down effect how good my team plays?
    Click here to check out my NCAA '13 Dynasty Report:
  • stevsta
    ¿Que?
    • Oct 2008

really any team can be good in madden unless the opposing team has a qb with stellar accuracy and a good line or are the steelers defense

ratings mean nothing in the game
    Last edited by stevsta; 10-08-2009, 01:17 PM.
    RIP

Comment

• Herm
      Boomshakalaka
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by stevsta
      really any team can be good in madden unless the opposing team has a qb with stellar accuracy and a good line or are the steelers defense

ratings mean nothing in the game
      I agree im more productive with Kenny Britt than Vincent Jackson or Chris Chambers. Its the same as every year really the only rating that matters is speed.

Nate Davis can be one of the best qbs on the game its goofy.

Comment

• Raidersabc123
        Wakka Wakka
        • Dec 2008

Hell no I use the Raiders and can destroy anyone
        THe MaDDeN GoD

Comment

• Tailback U
          No substitute 4 strength.
          • Nov 2008

Ratings matter on defense moreso than on offense because you can play man to man or zone effectively if you have the personnel to do so. Allows you to really mix up your playcalling and be much more aggressive if you can man up, bump and run, and blitz.

Try playing man to man defense with the Lions and then play man to man with the Raiders and you will notice the difference. Some teams in this game simply cannot play man to man coverage because fast WRs will literally beat the corner on a crossing route by 10 yards and then have room to run, it's ridiculous and makes a huge difference.

The thing I do like this year is how the OLine ratings work. If you have a great OLine you can run the ball pretty well and have a little more time to throw. But if you have a shitty OLine you still can run the ball effectively and make your reads without getting pressured or sacked every single play.

Comment

• Deegeezy
            Noob
            • Jul 2009

I'm not talking about each individual player's ratings. I am talking about the overall team rating. When I had a 90 overall player available that raised our OVR rating to the mid-80s, my team was pretty above average. And now that they have a superficial 75 ratings due to the 90 overall player's injury, they're all playing bad.
            Click here to check out my NCAA '13 Dynasty Report:

Comment

• Tailback U
              No substitute 4 strength.
              • Nov 2008

oh, no that doesn't many difference whatsoever. you're just playing bad and your qb is out so the backup is going to be much more inaccurate.

Comment

• DSpydr84
                I need a sub
                • Oct 2008

I never heard anything about this, I wonder if there's any truth to it.

Comment

• ZMnsr1
                  • Sep 2009

ratings mean absolutely nothing. i can consistently put up 45 points with the Bucs online. haha

Comment

Working...