Is NHL 10 that much of a difference than 09?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LC AAU
    • Oct 2008

Is NHL 10 that much of a difference than 09?

I was planning on getting NHL 10, but now I'm starting to get second thoughts. To tell the truth all I'm going to do is play Dynasty mode, and I'm not a great fan of hockey like I am basketball with rosters and shit. So is NHL 10 a really big huge upgrade over NHL 09 with what I'm going to do?
    sig is too big, resize it
  • Lanteri
    No longer a noob
    • Feb 2009

Yes.

Comment

• wr50l
      Glen & CJ are secret Huns
      • Oct 2008

NHL09 dynasty is horrible, NHL10 is much better.

Comment

• leaffan
        Colton Orr Fan
        • Feb 2009

This is just my gm mode expierence so far:

Trading is a LOT better.
        Free Agency is the same as last year.
        The draft is different in the sense that there is trading in between rounds.
        One thing I've noticed is if there is a "franchise" labeled player in the draft there is simply no way to trade up to that spot if the teams needs him. Quite nice because I remember last year I could cheat so many teams out of the first 5 picks just by messing around with free agents and such.
        The trade deadline is a huge deal now.
        There is a trade block which takes a while to get used to and for the most part works fairly well.

Couple of negatives that I've noticed:

Once you get to like years 8 or up the salary cap just goes up to high imo. I'm in year 2019 or 2020 and the salary cap is getting close to 80mil already.

Sometimes the trade block is simply ignored. Other teams when they offer you trades throughout the year always keep going after your top players and ignore the trade block it seems with their offers.

The way the GM tracker works and with its upgrades is insanely easy. I pretty much have it maxed out after 8 years. What that does is all my rookies progress way to quickly.

I can't think of anything else now.

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

• LC AAU
          • Oct 2008

Hmmm, haven't heard that from my friends, but they don't know shit about video games. Probably get it then. Does like the Online suck sometimes or something? I know they got the EASHL shit or whatever that is tight but I don't have anyone to play with so it doesn't matter to me.

Comment

• LC AAU
            • Oct 2008

Thanks for your opinions guys .

Comment

Working...