X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Houston
    Back home
    • Oct 2008

Understanding Speed Rating

lol it's EA, they suck. Nothing else to explain....
  • ThunderHorse
    Grind.
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by HoustonBoy
    nah,

the only thing that sucks is the lack of your ability to logically look at something.

EA isn't basing the speed rating off of players 40 times. Jerry Rice ran a 4.74 or something similar for his 40 time, what do you think his speed rating should be?

It's not 40 speed, it's game speed.

that said, EA has never been good with their ratings of players who weren't well known, Clint Session is arguably the best linebacker on the Colts and he's a 71 overall with Gary Bracket being the highest at something like an 84 overall.

Comment

• Houston
      Back home
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by HoustonBoy
      Originally posted by userpikk187
      nah,

the only thing that sucks is the lack of your ability to logically look at something.

Originally posted by userpikk187
      that said, EA has never been good with their ratings of players who weren't well known,

Last edited by Houston; 10-30-2009, 12:52 PM.

Comment

• ThunderHorse
        Grind.
        • Nov 2008

My bad,

Houstonboy has clearly seen that Bradley is faster than Harvin on a football field.

man, VSN sure is lucky to have that guy.

Comment

• Saluki
          Ball So Hard
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by slapyohoe
          What is this actually based on. I can't figure it out. I heard it was based on combine figures and close to real life football, but I just don't get. My example is below is based on M. Bradley of the Chiefs. I am by no means saying Bradley is all that great or receiver, but isn't he fast?

A. Peterson of the Vikings ran a 4.38 and is a 97
          P. Harvin of the Vikings ran a 4.41 and is a 97
          M. Bradley of the Chiefs ran a 4.37 and 4.42 and is a 86

Can anyone in this scenario explain to me how Harvin is a 97 and Bradley is a 86? Is this just a case of the people who rate madden players having no idea and just put down any rating? Madden Czar Donny? Really, I think not.
          Bradley blew out his knee his rookie season and missed the better part of two seasons with the bears cuz of it, he hasn't been that fast for at least 2 or 3 years. You can't just look at 40 times. Bradley was a speedy WR who looked like he had alot of potential till he hurt his knee, he hasn't been the same since. Thats why he got cut by us (Bears)
          Last edited by Saluki; 10-30-2009, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• Derrville
            Dallas has no coaching...
            • Jul 2009

Its like this:

Moore: *watching ESPN, NFL Network, Fox Sports* *Hears them talk about how fast a player is* They said hes really fast, so he must be really fast. Lets put him at... uuuuhhh.... 95!

Comment

Working...