• Maynard
    stupid ass titles
    • Feb 2009

XBL update coming Nov 17th

i expect it wont take 2 hrs to DL :lulz:
  • Twigg4075
    Kindergarten Cop
    • Feb 2009

Can't you get all of this stuff through the internet browser on the PS3?

Comment

• riley420
      You're goddamned right.
      • Feb 2009

If you have a fast enough connection, maybe.

The browser on the PS3 sucks, dude. The stuff on the 360 is built for the platform, not using a web browser. And, yes, I have used it...and then I looked at my computer and asked, "Why?"

I hardly use it, but it's nice. The Last FM thing is cool, and the facebook connectivity is decent.

Comment

• Twigg4075
        Kindergarten Cop
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by riley420
        If you have a fast enough connection, maybe.

The browser on the PS3 sucks, dude. The stuff on the 360 is built for the platform, not using a web browser. And, yes, I have used it...and then I looked at my computer and asked, "Why?"

I hardly use it, but it's nice. The Last FM thing is cool, and the facebook connectivity is decent.
        The browser works great for me.

And yeah, that's my other point. Why even bother when it's much better on your computer, or your phone even? Does lastfm integrate into your games? Can you get twitter and Facebook updates to pop up while playing games? Nope. It's pointless.

Comment

• Miami Flash15
          The Jets Suck
          • Jul 2009

Gonna be awesome! Can't wait!

Comment

• Twigg4075
            Kindergarten Cop
            • Feb 2009

I mean, don't get me wrong, a free update with cool features is still free. But the Giant Bomb guys had a big discussion about how pointless this stuff is and I tend to agree.

But also, at this point, what else could they add to Live?
            Last edited by Twigg4075; 11-12-2009, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• CCBrink
              Awkward Swag
              • May 2009

I have had the update for a few weeks. The biggest thing IMO is the instant streaming movies. It works great and the movies look/sound amazing. The Last.fm thing is useful if you have your TV hooked up to a sound system (which I do). Only used the Facebook application once and haven't touched the twitter application.

Comment

• theMINI
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                The browser works great for me.

And yeah, that's my other point. Why even bother when it's much better on your computer, or your phone even? Does lastfm integrate into your games? Can you get twitter and Facebook updates to pop up while playing games? Nope. It's pointless.
                When you get achievements and shit like that it will be posted on FB and Twitter for the whole world to know. ;)

Comment

• Virix
                  I see you
                  • Nov 2008

Last.fm through surround sound > Last.fm on computer speakers.

Comment

Working...