120 GB Slim PS3 Impressions... better or worse than fat models?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Herm
    Boomshakalaka
    • Oct 2008

120 GB Slim PS3 Impressions... better or worse than fat models?

As most of you know my 3 year old launch system gave me Flashing Lights like Kanye and Dwele did a guest appearance at my house. Im pretty pissed about it but there isnt anything i can do. I might make a ps3 Foreman grill out of it. You guys want Dogs and Brats at my house? We'll have a cookout. Im from the south mfer we have cookouts not BBQs. A bbq to me would be eating pulled pork ;)

How is the 120 gb slim ps3 working out for those of you that have it? Let me know the good and the bad. Im pissed for rock band's sake that it only has 2 USB inputs. I considered getting a 360 for brief second but im pretty damn broke and dont want to pay for Live and considering i already have MW2, two controllers, a keyboard, 2 headsets and other games like my Rockband 1&2 for PS3 i have too much invested. PLus i couldnt game without my ps3 online madden heads and the Foot Clan on MW2.

How is the 120 GB PS3 slim? I want the good and the bad please.

Thanks,

Your lover Herm
  • Herm
    Boomshakalaka
    • Oct 2008

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEccxPPwXmI"]YouTube- Kanye West - Flashing Lights[/ame]

Comment

• JayDizzle
      Let's Go All The Way...
      • Nov 2008

If you got a prob with recharging in a USB hub, I think it's been said before that you can use any one similar to the one on the system.

If your TV has one, you can use it. Same as a computer's as long as it's on.

As for the system, you know it's not backwards-compatible to the PS2 library so that's out.

Also, the one I've had since September isn't bad at all. It does everything the old version of the system does (movies [DVDs and Blu-Ray], PS3 games, music, photos, swapping photos via flash drive or cable, etc.)...

No trouble from this one.

...I would suggest getting a better warranty though just in case.

Comment

• Herm
        Boomshakalaka
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by JayDizzle04
        If you got a prob with recharging in a USB hub, I think it's been said before that you can use any one similar to the one on the system.

If your TV has one, you can use it. Same as a computer's as long as it's on.

As for the system, you know it's not backwards-compatible to the PS2 library so that's out.

Also, the one I've had since September isn't bad at all. It does everything the old version of the system does (movies [DVDs and Blu-Ray], PS3 games, music, photos, swapping photos via flash drive or cable, etc.)...

No trouble from this one.

...I would suggest getting a better warranty though just in case.
        Yeah my main gripe about the 2 usb ports as opposed to my four is having to buy a hub if i wanted to play more than 2 peripherals on rockband. i used to leave my keyboard, controller charge cable, and usb headset plugged in all the time on my ps3. I loved using my bluetooth and have been for years, but for some odd reason on MW2 whenever Hova enters the same lobby as me it makes a crazy screeching sound.

Comment

• JayDizzle
          Let's Go All The Way...
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Herm
          Yeah my main gripe about the 2 usb ports as opposed to my four is having to buy a hub if i wanted to play more than 2 peripherals on rockband. i used to leave my keyboard, controller charge cable, and usb headset plugged in all the time on my ps3. I loved using my bluetooth and have been for years, but for some odd reason on MW2 whenever Hova enters the same lobby as me it makes a crazy screeching sound.
          Would that be a reason as to why your old system crapped out? To leave it all on for an extended period of time?

All this stuff plugged in and then having to suck all that juice out of the wall as a "middle-man" might have done a number on your system.

As for Hova, MFer uses shit from the 90's or something...

:call2: <= When the dinosaurs still used cords and 56k.

Comment

• Herm
            Boomshakalaka
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by JayDizzle04
            Would that be a reason as to why your old system crapped out? To leave it all on for an extended period of time?

All this stuff plugged in and then having to suck all that juice out of the wall as a "middle-man" might have done a number on your system.

As for Hova, MFer uses shit from the 90's or something...

:call2: <= When the dinosaurs still used cords and 56k.
            I just took my bluetooth jabra i used to use for ps3 and use it for work now since i have no clue what the hova/herm screeching issue is. It never did that unless he entered the room it was weird. Now im rocking the usb logitech mic again and i like it. It actually has a mute button which my jabra didnt.

Comment

• Blade
              Walking SAM site
              • Feb 2009

I have the slim and its gravy.........no problems with the system for me. Its quieter and seems a little quicker too on start up and reading discs.

Oh guess what?..............I AM BAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!

Comment

Working...