• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bmore
    The True Free-Man
    • Oct 2008

Weird 360 Problem! Need Help!

--- I Need Help ---

4 p.m. --- So I'm sitting in a chair playing Assassins Creed 2, when the 360 guide comes up and tells me to do 1 of 3 things.

1. Shut off the Console
    2. Shut off the Controller
    3. Cancel

So I hit my guide button and close out of the guide and continue playing. Console does it again 5 minutes later, only this time it freezes the game. So just like a normal human person, I look at my 360 and I notice 2 green lights are lit (as if I have another controller plugged up).

One problem! I only have one controller...

So I turn my console off and reboot it up. I start up Marvel Vs. Capcom2 and the guide with the 3 options comes up a couple more times. I once again hit my guide button and continue to play.

--------------------
    Fast Forward to 2 a.m. ----

I've played a couple games of LFD2 and I turn the console off. (I've forgotten about the problem, because it hadn't happened for approximately 7-8 hours.) I swing over to my computer, when I hear my 360 start up again. WTF? I look down at the 360 and it's on and it says there is a controller on... as if someone turned it back on or something.

So at this point I'm a little weirded out. So the bright, college student I am I pull the charger out of my controller (even though it says it's off) and turn off my console again. 5 seconds later it comes back on... So I pull out all the USB charging cords and turn it off again. It comes back on... So I pull the A/C adapter out of the back and plug it back in. Before I can even test it, it shoots back on.

So now I'm sitting here... in my computer chair... with my eye brow raised... trying to figure out... HOW THE FUCK DO I TURN OFF MY 360!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Bmore; 12-04-2009, 04:04 AM.

• Primetime
    Thank You Prince
    • Nov 2008

Unplug the power cord. How difficult can that be?

Comment

• Bmore
      The True Free-Man
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Primetime232
      Unplug the power cord. How difficult can that be?
      Well obviously that will do the job, but what I'm getting at is it has never done this before. I've left my 360 plugged in and it would usually turn off and STAY off...

I don't get what the sudden change is about. Basically I don't want to have to unplug and replug in my console, every time I want to play it. That would force me to go behind my T.V. stand 4-5 times a day, which is a pain in the ass.

Comment

• Bmore
        The True Free-Man
        • Oct 2008

Ok after some research I found the solution of turning the console off... Instead of using the console, I am forced to use the controller.

However, No matter how I start up the 360 it continues to say there are 2 controllers plugged in.

I'm not understanding this at all...

Comment

• j.hen
          Self Care
          • Oct 2008

You have a ghost controller in your house. Case closed.

Comment

• RainboUnicorn
            No Homo
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by J.Hen
            You have a ghost controller in your house. Case closed.
            Yea dude someone is messing with you. Do you live with anyone? It's clear is day someone is messing with your head and they are obviously succeeding because you went as far as starting a thread on here without realizing it.

Comment

• Bmore
              The True Free-Man
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by RainboUnicorn
              Yea dude someone is messing with you. Do you live with anyone? It's clear is day someone is messing with your head and they are obviously succeeding because you went as far as starting a thread on here without realizing it.
              Yea, I live with someone. But they don't own a 360 and the peeps I live with don't know how to work the 360.

Basically what I think it comes down to is I think the system reads 2 controllers, but it's reading the same controller twice (Don't know if that makes sense).

Cuz like I said I got it to shut off, when I powered it down through the controller.

Comment

• Bmore
                The True Free-Man
                • Oct 2008

I think I fixed it. I hit the sync button on the console that is right beside the memory card slots, then hit my controllers sync. Seems to have fixed the problem.

Still weird though how it read the same controller twice.

Comment

• RainboUnicorn
                  No Homo
                  • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Bmore
                  Yea, I live with someone. But they don't own a 360 and the peeps I live with don't know how to work the 360.

Basically what I think it comes down to is I think the system reads 2 controllers, but it's reading the same controller twice (Don't know if that makes sense).

Cuz like I said I got it to shut off, when I powered it down through the controller.
                  If thats the case than that is very weird.

Comment

• leaffan
                    Colton Orr Fan
                    • Feb 2009

You need to go find something else to do. 7-8 hours of playing.... jesus christ.

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

• Bmore
                      The True Free-Man
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by leaffan
                      You need to go find something else to do. 7-8 hours of playing.... jesus christ.
                      Yesterday was a Thursday. I don't have a intramural game or work. So right after class, it's time to waste time.

Comment

• Derrville
                        Dallas has no coaching...
                        • Jul 2009

My shit did this after a RROD one time. Hasent happened since.

Comment

• ryne candy
                          Aggie C/O '01
                          • Feb 2009

and you don't have a mic, guitar hooked up? Sometimes I forget that I have one still connected.

Comment

Working...