X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • riley420
    You're goddamned right.
    • Feb 2009

PS3 Networking issues

Yes, I have gone over to the dark side. My wife, after much guilt and angst laid on by yours truly, went out and bought me a PS3 yesterday. Sweet...

Until I go to hook up to my wireless network. After about 2 hours of fucking around, I got it...but now the PS3 shares an IP address with the computer, and I can't use both at the same time.

How can I change the IP address of the PC so I can use both at once?
    Last edited by riley420; 12-27-2009, 09:22 AM.
  • BigBucs
    Unpretentious
    • May 2009

If you are on a router then power down both the PC and PS3 then reset the router and fire them both up. It should take care of it self.

Comment

• PP
      • Feb 2010

set a static of the ps3 to like 192.168.1.250 or something out of dhcp range

Comment

• riley420
        You're goddamned right.
        • Feb 2009

The weird thing is that when i took the ethernet cable from the 360 and plugged it into the PS3, it still wouldn't detect anything.

I don't get it...why does it need to be so difficult to set up. Strike 1.

Comment

• MrBill
          Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
          • Feb 2009

I pulled a brand new PS3 slim out of the box earlier this week and plugged it into the router and was up and running in minutes. Think you just need to follow the advice of BigBucs and shut down your network and then bring it back up. That should take care of any conflicting IP errors.

Comment

• riley420
            You're goddamned right.
            • Feb 2009

I got it working. I'm a chef, dammit, not a network IT guy.

Give me a break.

GT is ChefRiley, if anyone's curious.

Comment

• MrBill
              Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
              • Feb 2009

Glad you got it up and running. Hope you don't think that your balls were being busted, that kind of stuff happens to all of us :laugh:

Comment

• riley420
                You're goddamned right.
                • Feb 2009

I have much testicular fortitude. I know you weren't giving me a hard time...I was giving myself one.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
                  True Blue
                  • Feb 2009

what games you got riley?

Comment

• Maynard
                    stupid ass titles
                    • Feb 2009

chief thats not a ps3 issue at all my friend. static ip can be a huge benefit with the ps3
                    this is a very good step by step that will apply to most routers
                    Checkout the full domain details of Foggaming.com. Click Buy Now to instantly start the transaction or Make an offer to the seller!

if u got it working then dont worry about it cause its not a must

Comment

• riley420
                      You're goddamned right.
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost56
                      what games you got riley?
                      Today I bought Madden 09, Oblivion, and Resistance 1 at Gamestop for the buy 2 get one free. I rented Killzone and have a bunch of games on my gamefly queue.

It's pretty nice....but I still lean towards the 360. The UI is much friendlier.

Comment

• jms493
                        • Feb 2009

Lol at all or rileys posts here. I got killzone chef. If u play online I would hop on. Send me a fr @ jms493. Should try and play uncharted 1. I still want to hook up for aol spec ops

Comment

• Twigg4075
                          Kindergarten Cop
                          • Feb 2009

I would love to jump back into Killzone myself.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                            Kindergarten Cop
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by riley420
                            Today I bought Madden 09, Oblivion, and Resistance 1 at Gamestop for the buy 2 get one free. I rented Killzone and have a bunch of games on my gamefly queue.

It's pretty nice....but I still lean towards the 360. The UI is much friendlier.
                            Madden 09? I know it was B2G1 but there had to be something else?

And I've heard that the PS3 version of Oblivion had some technical issues.

Comment

• riley420
                              You're goddamned right.
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                              Madden 09? I know it was B2G1 but there had to be something else?

And I've heard that the PS3 version of Oblivion had some technical issues.
                              I had $50 trade credit, and I wanted to get something that my son and I could play together without going over. Plus I needed a 2nd controller and some of us are not made of money.

It's pretty. That's for damned sure. I only have component for the 360, and the 1080p on the PS3 is very sharp.

Comment

Working...