X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • padman59
    Slayer of Demons
    • Mar 2009

I've soured on sports titles unfortunately. I used to get Madden and NCAA every year on PS2, but I haven't bought one since the '08 series. I tried to play NCAA '10 on 360, but I just couldn't get into it.

I haven't finished Resistance: Fall of Man yet, and I have no interest in jumping straight to 3 in the series.

I don't know much about Rage TBH, but it looks kind of like a Fallout/Borderlands knock off at first glance. I'll have to look into this one.

Comment

• BrntO4Life
      My Aunt Ida Smokes.
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by padman59
      I've soured on sports titles unfortunately. I used to get Madden and NCAA every year on PS2, but I haven't bought one since the '08 series. I tried to play NCAA '10 on 360, but I just couldn't get into it.
      To be fair, NCAA 11 was a real turning point in football on next-gen consoles. I'd recommend trying out the demo for NCAA 12 if you haven't. Not saying it's perfect, but it is VERY different from 10.

Comment

• Survivor
        Sporting Spirit
        • Dec 2009

I was looking at upcoming games and I am genuinely excited... granted I am a sports gamer so NCAA 12, FIFA 12, and maybe Forza 4 are all I need.

Comment

• Twigg4075
          Kindergarten Cop
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by padman59

I don't know much about Rage TBH, but it looks kind of like a Fallout/Borderlands knock off at first glance. I'll have to look into this one.
          Never sleep on John Carmack and iD Software.

Comment

• Twigg4075
            Kindergarten Cop
            • Feb 2009

Plus, somehow I forgot Gears 3. Duh.

Comment

• Maynard
              stupid ass titles
              • Feb 2009

dont you get sick of playing the same games over and over? ncaa/madden are always a cut and paste version of of the previous years game.

gears and resistance....a shooter is still a shooter and these days not to many developers risk going against the standard 8-10 SP mode, with a COD like MP mode....and dont forget to include zombies

games are just like the movies now. one studio makes a superhero flick and 10 more follow

Comment

• CCBrink
                Awkward Swag
                • May 2009

Originally posted by Maynard
                dont you get sick of playing the same games over and over? ncaa/madden are always a cut and paste version of of the previous years game.

gears and resistance....a shooter is still a shooter and these days not to many developers risk going against the standard 8-10 SP mode, with a COD like MP mode....and dont forget to include zombies

games are just like the movies now. one studio makes a superhero flick and 10 more follow
                For shooters yes. It sucks that every shooter that comes out is trying to be COD, but that is expected with the success of the franchise.

Madden gets a lot of hate, but I still enjoy the game. People say that it is a "cut and paste job every year" or "its last years Madden with a roster update". You can pretty much say that about any sports game due to the nature of the genre. How much can you really add to a game that tries to replicate something that rarely changes. When they do add something people call it a gimmick. I don't care what anyone says, Madden has steadily gotten better every year since 09.

Comment

• jms493
                  • Feb 2009

I never get tired of playing friends in NCAA....love it. Plus football is the same game....unless it changes the games will continue to be similar each year unless tech changes to make them some how "bettter"

Comment

• padman59
                    Slayer of Demons
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by BrntO4Life
                    To be fair, NCAA 11 was a real turning point in football on next-gen consoles. I'd recommend trying out the demo for NCAA 12 if you haven't. Not saying it's perfect, but it is VERY different from 10.
                    I've played the demos. I'm just not interested as I was before. It's not necessarily a testament to the quality of the current games.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                      Kindergarten Cop
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Maynard

Nope. I don't get tired of games period. Usually there is enough new stuff in a game to keep me interested. And, as JMS said, I probably enjoy playing friends most in the football games.

Not everyone is a curmudgeon like you. :flush:

Comment

• Leftwich
                        Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

Just played Infamous for the first time... my god what a beautiful game. In the 2 hours i spent playing it, i'm very impressed.

Originally posted by Tailback U
                        It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.

Comment

• j.hen
                          Self Care
                          • Oct 2008

Comment

• KNUBB
                            WHITE RONDO
                            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by jfhennedy

JHen that series brings me so much joy, but I feel like everyone hates it.

Comment

• Leftwich
                              Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

I unfortunately never got a chance to play it and seeing as i don't have my ps2 anymore, i can't play it.

Originally posted by Tailback U
                              It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.

Comment

• j.hen
                                Self Care
                                • Oct 2008

Chain of Memories is the part of the story between Kingdom Hearts 1 and Kingdom Hearts 2. I was planning on playing through the 2nd one again soon so Chain of Memories is doing a good job of reminding me what happened in the 1st. Love this story.

Comment

Working...