X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SethMode
    Master of Mysticism
    • Feb 2009

So, I bought 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors, between listening to the Bombcast and a friend's recommendation.

Finished it today with the "True" ending. Not much more to say other than this:

Comment

• jms493
      • Feb 2009

Was gonna start ME3 mission but instead I played Forza Horizon Multiplayer. Fools cant drive worth a shit. I think I am level 20 or some shit. Routinely coming in 1st -3rd place vs everyone at level 50.

I tried the free roam with the co-op challenges....nothing worked or people weren't doing it right...wasted like 15 mins. I probably wont try that again. It was much better in Burnout.

PUNKS!!!

Comment

• JayDizzle
        Let's Go All The Way...
        • Nov 2008

Bought a PSN Card and tried redeeming it in the store 3 times, each time getting the ol' "Error" message.

Talked to a Sony Rep online and now I get to wait until after Christmas, if that, to get a new code/screwed out of $20.

Happy Holidays
        indeed.

Comment

• Twigg4075
          Kindergarten Cop
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SethMode
          So, I bought 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors, between listening to the Bombcast and a friend's recommendation.
          Speaking of the Giant 360/PCcast I need another go to "mainstream" gaming podcast to listen to. Not only do I think their opinions are getting worse by the week, and their shtick of just seemingly hating on everything )mostly Gerstmann) but the thing that pisses me off the most is how they seem to treat the PS3 like it's the plague. All they do is bitch about how the 360 version of this game or that game has issues, but if someone happens to mention "Did anyone try the PS3 version?" all you hear are crickets. The most glaring examples are The Walking Dead, Dishonored and Far Cry 3 recently. All three are better on PS3 but not only do they not botherto inform their listeners of this (minus a few times whereBrad off-handedly mentioned that WD was "supposed" to be superior on PS3) but they bitch and bitch how shitty the framerate is in Far Cry, or how washed out the graphics look, etc. Then they go around the table and ask what they're all playing the game on...Xbox, Xbox, PC, Xbox...What a joke.

I started listening to Rebel FM and Game Informer again and we'll see how that goes.
          Originally posted by JayDizzle
          Bought a PSN Card and tried redeeming it in the store 3 times, each time getting the ol' "Error" message.

Talked to a Sony Rep online and now I get to wait until after Christmas, if that, to get a new code/screwed out of $20.

Happy Holidays
          indeed.
          Just keep tryng. I think the last time I redeemed a code it errored out at least five times before it finally worked. Whatever servers they use for that store are so fucked. It takes forever to load and there seem to be a lot of issues with redeeming PSN cards and other miscellaneous issues.

Comment

• JayDizzle
            Let's Go All The Way...
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Twigg4075
            Just keep tryng. I think the last time I redeemed a code it errored out at least five times before it finally worked. Whatever servers they use for that store are so fucked. It takes forever to load and there seem to be a lot of issues with redeeming PSN cards and other miscellaneous issues.
            I'd like to think the stores are extra fuck-o'd due to it being the holidays and all the folks that are home/out of school on holiday/hiding from the family via play games are all using the PSN network and downloading shit.

That or I need to stop going to this particular K-Mart I shop at to get PSN cards because the new people on the registers aren't trained well enough to make sure gift cards work.

I got a PM from RyanLeaf the other day (Secret Santa) and he tells me that the PSN card I got him didn't work.

He got it to work after putting in the code about a million times but this was after he went through the same business I'm currently in.

Also, the $5 gift card I got from K-Mart to use at their stores (which coincidentally, I used to purchase part of the PSN Card with) was the 2nd one they had that day that wouldn't redeem on their registers.

I received this card around the same time I got RyanLeaf's gift...

I'll keep trying but it's becoming more and more of a chore to stay up on DLC and the like when I could just as easily shift over to PC and hit up Steam for my gaming pleasure.

Comment

• padman59
              Slayer of Demons
              • Mar 2009

Use Amazon now that they're selling PSN cards and PS+ memberships again.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                Let's Go All The Way...
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by padman59
                Use Amazon now that they're selling PSN cards and PS+ memberships again.
                Anything's better than High-Schoolers on break that can't figure out how to make the drawer open without a supervisor.

Comment

• JBregz
                  Follow me! @JBregzz
                  • Nov 2008

Can I be a guest on the next podcast?

Follow me on twitter @JBregzz
                  Follow me on twitch bitch http://www.twitch.tv/jbregz/
                  Redskins TGT Scheduling Thread http://www.virtualsportsnetwork.com/...eduling-Thread

Comment

• ryne candy
                    Aggie C/O '01
                    • Feb 2009

Speaking of the Giant 360/PCcast I need another go to "mainstream" gaming podcast to listen to. Not only do I think their opinions are getting worse by the week, and their shtick of just seemingly hating on everything )mostly Gerstmann) but the thing that pisses me off the most is how they seem to treat the PS3 like it's the plague. All they do is bitch about how the 360 version of this game or that game has issues, but if someone happens to mention "Did anyone try the PS3 version?" all you hear are crickets. The most glaring examples are The Walking Dead, Dishonored and Far Cry 3 recently. All three are better on PS3 but not only do they not botherto inform their listeners of this (minus a few times whereBrad off-handedly mentioned that WD was "supposed" to be superior on PS3) but they bitch and bitch how shitty the framerate is in Far Cry, or how washed out the graphics look, etc. Then they go around the table and ask what they're all playing the game on...Xbox, Xbox, PC, Xbox...What a joke.

I started listening to Rebel FM and Game Informer again and we'll see how that goes.

I still like GB for all the other stuff they talk about....like this past one where Ryan talked about all his Super Famicom games. This is the list of VG Podcasts I listen to:

• 8-4 Play
                    • CAGcast
                    • Game Scoop!
                    • Giant Bombcast
                    • Officiall Playstation Blogcast
                    • Playstation Nation Podcast
                    • Podcast Beyond
                    • RadioRadar
                    • Rebel FM
                    • The Joystiq Podcast
                    • The Axe Factor
                    • Weekend Confirmed

Comment

• Twigg4075
                      Kindergarten Cop
                      • Feb 2009

I think Seth said the same thing a while back too. It has gotten to the point where the only thing entertaining about their show are all the non-sensical tangents they go off on, and nothing to do with gaming.

Comment

• padman59
                        Slayer of Demons
                        • Mar 2009

Speaking of the Giant 360/PCcast I need another go to "mainstream" gaming podcast to listen to. Not only do I think their opinions are getting worse by the week, and their shtick of just seemingly hating on everything )mostly Gerstmann) but the thing that pisses me off the most is how they seem to treat the PS3 like it's the plague. All they do is bitch about how the 360 version of this game or that game has issues, but if someone happens to mention "Did anyone try the PS3 version?" all you hear are crickets. The most glaring examples are The Walking Dead, Dishonored and Far Cry 3 recently. All three are better on PS3 but not only do they not botherto inform their listeners of this (minus a few times whereBrad off-handedly mentioned that WD was "supposed" to be superior on PS3) but they bitch and bitch how shitty the framerate is in Far Cry, or how washed out the graphics look, etc. Then they go around the table and ask what they're all playing the game on...Xbox, Xbox, PC, Xbox...What a joke..
                        They have a point when they bring up the fact that consoles are pretty much maxed out at this point, and console games don't achieve as much as their PC counterparts. If you have a capable PC, you should probably go in that direction for the time being (especially for single player games).

I think you might also want to consider that the 360 might be their platform of choice, and it makes sense that they would want to play games that they're not reviewing for the site on their preferred platform alone. Not to mention the written reviews for the multiplatform games usually mention issues for each platform.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                          Kindergarten Cop
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by padman59
                          They have a point when they bring up the fact that consoles are pretty much maxed out at this point, and console games don't achieve as much as their PC counterparts. If you have a capable PC, you should probably go in that direction for the time being (especially for single player games).

I think you might also want to consider that the 360 might be their platform of choice, and it makes sense that they would want to play games that they're not reviewing for the site on their preferred platform alone. Not to mention the written reviews for the multiplatform games usually mention issues for each platform.
                          That wasn't my point. I know that in almost every case that the PC version is far superior. But when you have a group of five or six PROFESSIONAL game journalists and they are reviewing a game and not one plays the PS3 version? When they play games for fun, like Brad is playing ME3 (or was last week), who cares what they are playing it on? But when they are talking about playing a game like FC3 for review, and complain constantly about how piss poor the 360 version is but NONE of them even tried the PS3 version? That's just fucking ridiculous.

Comment

• jms493
                            • Feb 2009

Stop listening.....meow!

Comment

• Garrett67
                              Glory Hole Monitor
                              • Feb 2009

That wasn't my point. I know that in almost every case that the PC version is far superior. But when you have a group of five or six PROFESSIONAL game journalists and they are reviewing a game and not one plays the PS3 version? When they play games for fun, like Brad is playing ME3 (or was last week), who cares what they are playing it on? But when they are talking about playing a game like FC3 for review, and complain constantly about how piss poor the 360 version is but NONE of them even tried the PS3 version? That's just fucking ridiculous.
                              We have a pretty decent podcast at this site, www.virtualsportsnetwork.com, sign up for the forums today. It's pretty good, you should give it a listen.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using my fingers and a little body English

Comment

• padman59
                                Slayer of Demons
                                • Mar 2009

But in the written review it's mentioned that both consoles have noticeable frame rate issues compared to the PC version. Brad had to play at least some of the PS3 version to arrive at that conclusion.

The way I see it is the guy writing the review for the site has an obligation to get his hands on as many versions for multiplatform games and mention the differences in his review. I don't care what version the other guys play because they don't have that obligation, and they're technically playing for fun.

Comment

Working...