X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Misogi
    :misogi:
    • Oct 2008

So, I woke up today, went upstairs to find my little nephew playing some NBA 2k5, and i came to start thinking about how 2k took over EA in the basketball industry. I really feel like it all started with 2k5, in fact, when they were selling almost all of their sports titles for 20$. From there, they started to make great strides with their games, including the shot stick, and signature shots, to now signature packages.

Another thing that baffles me is some cool features that 2k dropped, the biggest of which being 24/7 mode. I think this is one of the first "my player" modes that was done really well, having drills, challenges, 2-on-2 games, and other things about it. The best part about it, imo, was the fact that it was really 24/7, with challenges being time-based. The last thing that really surprises me that they dropped was the Full Authority Association mode, where you basically simmed a game by turning it into an almost trading-card type game. Long games would take about 5-10 minutes to complete, with you selecting shot selection, who to defend, and special features.

Probably a long read, but i think ESPN NBA 2k5 was just about as "revolutionary" as ESPN NFL 2k5, but 2k never fully backed it with later iterations of the game.
    * Chrispy logs into KGs account to see what misogi wrote* [05:53 PM]

Comment

• Tengo Juego
      Posts a lot
      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by X Misogi
      So, I woke up today, went upstairs to find my little nephew playing some NBA 2k5, and i came to start thinking about how 2k took over EA in the basketball industry. I really feel like it all started with 2k5, in fact, when they were selling almost all of their sports titles for 20$. From there, they started to make great strides with their games, including the shot stick, and signature shots, to now signature packages.

Another thing that baffles me is some cool features that 2k dropped, the biggest of which being 24/7 mode. I think this is one of the first "my player" modes that was done really well, having drills, challenges, 2-on-2 games, and other things about it. The best part about it, imo, was the fact that it was really 24/7, with challenges being time-based. The last thing that really surprises me that they dropped was the Full Authority Association mode, where you basically simmed a game by turning it into an almost trading-card type game. Long games would take about 5-10 minutes to complete, with you selecting shot selection, who to defend, and special features.

Probably a long read, but i think ESPN NBA 2k5 was just about as "revolutionary" as ESPN NFL 2k5, but 2k never fully backed it with later iterations of the game.
      I LOVED 24/7 mode. I think 24/7 was carried over into 2K6. But didn't evolve much, if at all. It may have even been in 2K7.

Comment

• Tengo Juego
        Posts a lot
        • Jun 2009

Just posted my Wii for sale on Craigslist. I hope somebody is looking for a Wii in my area.

Comment

• LC AAU
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by X Misogi

NBA 2k5 was probably one of if not the best 2k basketball games ever made. I loved the Association mode and that simming option you had was .

24/7 mode was sick. I wish they continued it but they stopped
          sig is too big, resize it

Comment

• IamMedellin
            Everything Burns...
            • Nov 2008

Metro 2033

Comment

• Tengo Juego
              Posts a lot
              • Jun 2009

Should post that in the good deals thread.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                Kindergarten Cop
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by IamMedellin
                Is that site reputable? I've never heard of them. And what's up with $10 for shipping?!?

Comment

• JayDizzle
                  Let's Go All The Way...
                  • Nov 2008

Because Wii's are for girls and 360's break before they come out of the box:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0puP8nrIU8"]...[/ame]

Yeah, Sony jumped on the bandwagon of motion control (everyone forgot the EyeToy existed) but KB is gonna make things better... promise.

Comment

• IamMedellin
                    Everything Burns...
                    • Nov 2008

1G'd Assassin's Creed 2

Comment

• Swarley
                      A Special Kind of Cat
                      • Jul 2010

My random thought for the day...I cannot wait until FIFA 11 comes out.

Comment

• ~Chance~
                        Blaze one for the NATION
                        • Oct 2008

COD:WaW>MW2

Comment

• Krebs
                          The Fish are Sleeping
                          • Oct 2008

crackdown 2

:jhenbeatkwon:

Comment

• A Tasty Burgerr
                            ▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀
                            • Oct 2008

I'm trying to get all The Orange Box achievements other than the TF2 ones, not as hard as I thought it would be.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                              Kindergarten Cop
                              • Feb 2009

I'm still in a western mode after finishing RDR. Now I went back to Call of Juarez, a game that I rented from Gamefly way back when but never finished. I later bought it when it was really cheap, along with the sequel (actually prequel).

Comment

• ~Chance~
                                Blaze one for the NATION
                                • Oct 2008

Im buying red dead tomorrow.

Comment

Working...