X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Leftwich
    Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

Originally posted by SethMode
    Ahhhh 3 red rings...thanks for ruining Batman week for me.

Quick question, is there an easy way to transfer a 120 GB Old HD to the 4GB New 360? I've read that external hard drives will connect to these (I think?), so if so I guess I'm wondering if I could transfer straight to the external HD through the 360? Trying to think of ways to not have to struggle through some arduous transfer process. I also don't really want to buy a 250 gig for 299.99.
    I just recently changed out my old 250 into the new one. You just need a set of torx to take apart the old one. Youtube it, thats how i learned.

Originally posted by Tailback U
    It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.

Comment

• Twigg4075
      Kindergarten Cop
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by wingsfan77
      Does anyone else have to turn the volume on their TV way up when watching a blu-ray on your PS3? It's weird because for games the volume is always really loud on lower settings but for movies I have to jack it up to like 60.
      In the audio setting on the PS3, make sure you have the internal volume, or whatever it's called, turned up. I think by default it's really low. It makes a huge difference. I never have to turn up the sound when watching blurays. If anything I have to turn it down.

Comment

• Twigg4075
        Kindergarten Cop
        • Feb 2009

On a related note, I have a PS3 question of my own. Sometimes when watching movies, mostly with regular DVD's, the audio isn't synched up. It happens a lot on the setup in my living room but has only happened a few times in my basement. Basically the voices are really muted, like Charlie Brown's teacher talking, but the background sounds are fine. Normally you can turn everything off and back on and it's fine. But for some reason my wife just decided to shutoff the receiver the other day and the PS3 bluray remote just stopped working. It doesn't respond at all. I've changed the batteries, tried resynching it, you name it. Nothing.

Comment

• Twigg4075
          Kindergarten Cop
          • Feb 2009

Ahhhh 3 red rings...thanks for ruining Batman week for me.

Quick question, is there an easy way to transfer a 120 GB Old HD to the 4GB New 360? I've read that external hard drives will connect to these (I think?), so if so I guess I'm wondering if I could transfer straight to the external HD through the 360? Trying to think of ways to not have to struggle through some arduous transfer process. I also don't really want to buy a 250 gig for 299.99.
          Don't you have a PS3? Get Batman for that. Or are you one of those "I only buy exclusives on PS3" guys?

Comment

• SethMode
            Master of Mysticism
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
            Don't you have a PS3? Get Batman for that. Or are you one of those "I only buy exclusives on PS3" guys?
            Pretty much the latter part. I really don't care for the PS3 controller. Need a new 360 anyway because I'm beyond my warranty. Amazon same-day delivery comes Tuesday as does my new 360.

Comment

• Twigg4075
              Kindergarten Cop
              • Feb 2009

Pretty much the latter part. I really don't care for the PS3 controller. Need a new 360 anyway because I'm beyond my warranty. Amazon same-day delivery comes Tuesday as does my new 360.
              Wow.

I know with FPS's the 360 controller is much better than the PS3's. But I think it;s he complete opposite with third person games. I loved Shadows of the Damned but the whole time I played it I kept thinking how it would be better with a PS3 controller.

Comment

• SethMode
                Master of Mysticism
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                Wow.

I know with FPS's the 360 controller is much better than the PS3's. But I think it;s he complete opposite with third person games. I loved Shadows of the Damned but the whole time I played it I kept thinking how it would be better with a PS3 controller.
                Eh. I think that the PS3 DS3 is much more durable (as someone who dropped a 360 controller once and the A button stuck forever after that), but I fucking hate the analog sticks. I have NEVER liked the analogs on ANY Playstation console controllers though. The d-pads aren't even worth comparing (360 is absolute shit), but I practically never use that now (and if I want/need to I use my fight pad).

I'm also not sure what, if any, difference there is between the camera controls for FPS and TPS.

Comment

• IamMedellin
                  Everything Burns...
                  • Nov 2008

DEVIL MAY CRY HD COLLECTION ANNOUNCED

HD Collections are becoming all the rage this generation, and Capcom has apparently been listening to fans clamoring for some old-school Devil May Cry action. Today, the publisher announced the Devil May Cry HD Collection, which will come to both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

The Devil May Cry HD Collection will include the original Devil May Cry, as well as Devil May Cry 2 and Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening. It's due out in early 2012, will cost $39.99, and come included with Trophies on PS3 and Achievements on Xbox 360.

Mixed feelings on this one, on one hand it's Devil May Cry, probably my favorite series of the last generation in HD wih cheevos and trophys...

and on the other hand, It's capcom....quick cash-in Capcom....with the Sony HD remakes, the studios actually go back and fine tune the game's visuals for HD[ see GOW, ico/SOTC] where as capcom did a simple upconversion to HD with the Resident Evil re-releases that made a large part of the games look like shit in HD with muddied textures, left cut scenes in their standard compressed SD format, and did nothing to improve the sound quality...

Gonna wait n see on this one...

Comment

• IamMedellin
                    Everything Burns...
                    • Nov 2008

and now my 360 wireless is acting up

God Damn you Microsoft

Comment

• Swarley
                      A Special Kind of Cat
                      • Jul 2010

Report: Sony First-Party PS4 Games Starting & Next Xbox In 2013

Both Microsoft and Sony still believe that their respective consoles have plenty of life left in them, but that doesn't mean they aren't actively planning for the future.

Develop has a report from a source that says that work on "several" PS4 projects has begun at unspecified Sony first-party studios. These aren't games yet, per se, because their concepts haven't been green-lit for full production. Particularly because the PS4's tech specs, etc. haven't been decided yet.

Develop has also heard from various sources that Microsoft plans to bring out the Xbox 360's successor, the so-called Xbox Next, in late 2013. The system would be fully debuted at the E3 convention that same year.

From everything we've heard on our end, these timetables seem very reasonable.

Comment

• Sharkweather
                        • Jul 2009

Xbox Next?

Sign me up for Sony once again.

Comment

• SethMode
                          Master of Mysticism
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Sharkweather
                          Xbox Next?

Sign me up for Sony once again.
                          Would you seriously base a purchase of a console on its name?

Comment

• Sharkweather
                            • Jul 2009

Would you seriously base a purchase of a console on its name?
                            I had a PS2 before an Xbox, a PS3 before a 360. So nothing changing really, but the name certainly doesn't help.

Comment

• SethMode
                              Master of Mysticism
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Sharkweather
                              I had a PS2 before an Xbox, a PS3 before a 360. So nothing changing really, but the name certainly doesn't help.
                              :noidea: That's fine, it is just is beyond silly to me that the name would even play a factor in any way, shape, or form for someone.

(Also, if anything Xbox 360 is by far the poorer of the two names. It is nonsensical. It is basically claiming that it is an Xbox.)

Comment

• StealthShot
                                Eat it
                                • Oct 2008

Aliens: Infestation is a DS game that cam out last tuesday trying to find it new and cheap on ebay. Love the old Alien games especially on the PS1.

Comment

Working...