X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IamMedellin
    Everything Burns...
    • Nov 2008

so I was watching the G4 feedback show, and Epic Games' Cliffy B was on, and something he said was pretty interesting...

"Skyrim for me as an Adult, is My new Zelda"

potentially waits for a skyrim deal...

Comment

• Twigg4075
      Kindergarten Cop
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SethMode
      I'm channeling my inner-Twigg here but, for what conceivable reason could MS have to charge 80 points for the Bastion DLC? There are no achievements attached, and the developer literally came out and said "Hey, it's free for everything else, it only costs something for 360 because MS made us make it so....so it's the minimum cost."

It seems so silly to me, but I guess that is just an example of MS' outdated handling of DLC in general.
      It's a dollar? WTF? I thought it was supposed to be free too? I thought it was a "holiday gift" to the fans. Yes, I know it's only a dollar but that's bullshit.

And people wonder why I refer to them as M$ most of the time. Especially when there are no cheevos?!? Isn't each game under MS's bullshit policies allowed one free update? Unreal.

Comment

• A Tasty Burgerr
        ▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀
        • Oct 2008

I want the DLC but I don't want to pay $5 to add the minimum amount of MS points...lame.

Comment

• Twigg4075
          Kindergarten Cop
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by A Tasty Burgerr
          I want the DLC but I don't want to pay $5 to add the minimum amount of MS points...lame.
          One of the many wonders of carnival tickets, aka MS funny money.

Comment

• Swarley
            A Special Kind of Cat
            • Jul 2010

Fan made Left 4 Dead short film. Also includes some cameos from a few other game series.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGC-_o6QteU"]Airsoft GI - Left 4 Dead - Impulse 76 Fan Film - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• jms493
              • Feb 2009

Just beat Arkham City. What a great movie/game. Joker was amazing and some of the boss fights were great. I hope they keep making these games.

I loved figuring out how I was going to take out a room of 7-8 guys with guns and their reaction to batman slowly picking them off

Comment

• IamMedellin
                Everything Burns...
                • Nov 2008

just played Bloodrayne:Betrayal

not bad, killer graphics style thou

Comment

• padman59
                  Slayer of Demons
                  • Mar 2009

I finally got around to starting up MGS: Peace Walker HD yesterday, and I have to say that I'm impressed with how it looks.

Comment

• StealthShot
                    Eat it
                    • Oct 2008

So PlayStation Vita came out in Japan a few days ago, anyone see themselves buying this?

This market for handheld gaming has died out ever since the PSP the market hasn't been the best and I expect this to be the last official handheld.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                      • Sep 2024

Originally posted by StealthShot
                      So PlayStation Vita came out in Japan a few days ago, anyone see themselves buying this?

This market for handheld gaming has died out ever since the PSP the market hasn't been the best and I expect this to be the last official handheld.
                      I barely played my PSP, so I don't think I am going to be buying this. But I also agree with you too, this might very well be the last handheld, at least for Sony. I think the Nintendo market is still going strong, especially over in Japan, and with the Vita released over there first, that is where the market really is.

Comment

• Garrett67
                        Glory Hole Monitor
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by StealthShot

I already pre-ordered mine and I haven't touched my PSP in a couple years, its still in absolute mint condition though.

I think the Vita is a steal at $250. If I don't like it, it would be easy to sell

Comment

• BigBucs
                          Unpretentious
                          • May 2009

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                            • Sep 2024

I went and bought a copy of Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy to play through, because that was the one Star Wars game I never ended up playing.

I won't bore anyone with details of the game or my thoughts besides one. My god, I am so happy that developers have removed the "find a key" and "secret areas" from their games. I had forgotten how annoying both of those things were until just now.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                              Kindergarten Cop
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Tengo Juego
                              This where you, and anyone else, goofed. You should have switched your console on, signed into xbox live, and went back to your computer. Then logged into xbox.com, searched BF3 and added the dlc to your qeue and let it download.
                              I didn't "goof" anything. I shouldn't have to go on the site for something that should be readily available on the dashboard, on the actual fucking console I'll be playing the damn game on.
                              And you know how only about half of all Xbox owners are actually connected to Live? Just try to imagine how many of them know there is an Xbox.com and that you can queue up downloads on the site. I'm not just talking about me obviously. I know that you can do that but that isn't the point and still isn't intuitive. Being able to start downloads when I'm away from my console is a great feature, but when I'm sitting at my console doing what you described makes no sense. And imagine the people that have no clue about it?

Also, in regards to the Holiday Sales going on this week. Good luck finding them too. You go into the Arcade Sales section and the only thing in there is Rock of Ages, which I didn't even think was mentioned in this weeks sale? I was able to click on a "Related" tab which did have Insanely Twisted and Renegade Ops, but no prices listed and no Bastion or Bloodrayne to be found ANYWHERE. How can you not have sale items, especially a game like Bastion that is only on sale for one day, not front and center?

This dash needs a lot of work. I hate it at this point.
                              Originally posted by SethMode
                              I'm channeling my inner-Twigg here but, for what conceivable reason could MS have to charge 80 points for the Bastion DLC? There are no achievements attached, and the developer literally came out and said "Hey, it's free for everything else, it only costs something for 360 because MS made us make it so....so it's the minimum cost."

It seems so silly to me, but I guess that is just an example of MS' outdated handling of DLC in general.
                              Originally posted by A Tasty Burgerr
                              Ok, so I was listening to the Giant Bombast on the way into work this morning and they mentioned this. They said that Super Giant Games, the developer of Bastion, released a statement saying that the reason the DLC is 80 points($1) on XBLA but free on PC is because "We made it as cheap as Microsoft would allow and still let us release it." Complete bullshit. This brings me back to my statements before of MS's ridiculous Live policies and one of the main reasons I have so many issues with MS in the first place. They have all of these policies in place that basically say "Conform, or you won't release shit on our console." It's their console and I understand that but it's complete bullshit. Take Joe Danger for instance. Another fine example of MS's ridiculous policy. Because it originally released on PS3 and thus came out on the Xbox much later, MS has a policy in place that says that is a developer wants to release a game on their console but not day and date with their competitor, the developer MUST include addition features, content, etc or the game can not be released.

Patrick Klepek was talking about how archaic these policies are and it is doing nothing but hurt relationships with developers. He also commented that it's pretty sad that developers have to resort to releasing statements as to why they were "forced" to basically screw over their fans.

This is why Johnathen Blow said he despises MS's policies and will probably never release another game on XBLA and also why Epic released a statement years ago saying that they wanted to release DLC maps for the first Gears for free but MS wouldn't allow them and MS has the final say so.

Comment

• padman59
                                Slayer of Demons
                                • Mar 2009

Bastion looks like another game people should be playing on PC instead of consoles. It'll probably be on sale for $5 during the Steam Holiday Sale too. :smug2:

Comment

Working...