X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IamMedellin
    Everything Burns...
    • Nov 2008

Free Game of the Day: Achievement Unlocked
    Exploiting gamer nature in the funnest way possible.

The Scoop: "Don't worry, meta-gaming is all that matters."

Achievement Unlocked's slogan pretty much says it all. Most gamers can admit to doing something in a game they wouldn't normally have done, all for the satisfaction of earning another achievement/trophy/medal/pat on the back. It's human nature. And it's especially GAMER nature. We like seeing lists of things checked off. We like seeing "100%" next to our save files.

And that's what Achievement Unlocked is all about. One room, one elephant, 100 achievements. Jump? Achievement! Die? Achievement. Stand Still? Achievement. Can you discover all 100 without cheating? Actually, scratch that. You earn an achievement for cheating, too.

PLAY ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED

Comment

• jms493
      • Feb 2009

I am Spectre!!!!!!

Comment

• Swarley
        A Special Kind of Cat
        • Jul 2010

Originally posted by jms493
        I am Spectre!!!!!!
        Hurry your shit up, I just beat the game.

Comment

• jms493
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Swarley
          Hurry your shit up, I just beat the game.
          jesus christ....you beast moded through those 2 games!

Comment

• Swarley
            A Special Kind of Cat
            • Jul 2010

Originally posted by jms493
            jesus christ....you beast moded through those 2 games!
            I did almost no side assignment shit in ME1 though. I think my total game play time was only like 14 hours. And now it's time to boot ME2 back up again. Expecting a totally different feel in ME2 now that all these decisions will be there instead of just starting fresh.

Comment

• KNUBB
              WHITE RONDO
              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
              Yeah, I'm the dumb one asshole. Have you ever heard of marketing? A games title has a lot to do with how it's perceived by consumers in the marketplace. Hence the reason Japanese games have been struggling the past decade compared to their Western counterparts.

For instance, I can all but guarantee you that Binary Domain is going to flop based on it's name alone.
              Since sales is all that matters then COD is the greatest game of all time

People are retarded and you just helping me out.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                • Sep 2024

Originally posted by KNUBB
                Seeing that phrase usually means a pretty dumb argument just took place:joeybats:

TL/DR version?

Comment

• KNUBB
                  WHITE RONDO
                  • Jun 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
                  Seeing that phrase usually means a pretty dumb argument just took place:joeybats:

TL/DR version?
                  He just said Binary Domain is gonna flop cuz it's Japanese then proceeded to talk about its "stupid name" and Marketing a "stupid name" isn't a winning idea or something like that. Disregarding that the game could be a fantastic game basically due to it's name. So basically sales and success measure a good game. Cuz there aren't gems out there that people only find out about after hearing about it from someone else.

What Twigg and most fail to realize is that those names are chosen to create a mystery. Only way you can understand the title is to play the game and see how it's related.

Comment

• KNUBB
                    WHITE RONDO
                    • Jun 2009

OH AND Japanese games struggle compared to Western games because they have dumb unrecognizable names.

Comment

• Bomberooski
                      #GoHawks
                      • Feb 2009

All this Mass Effect talk is giving me a boner for March 6
                      I give rep not thanks
                      My Audio Blog (Whoring)

Comment

• KNUBB
                        WHITE RONDO
                        • Jun 2009

Terra and Aqua's story is done. One more story to go.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                          Kindergarten Cop
                          • Feb 2009

People are retarded and you just helping me out.
                          He just said Binary Domain is gonna flop cuz it's Japanese then proceeded to talk about its "stupid name" and Marketing a "stupid name" isn't a winning idea or something like that. Disregarding that the game could be a fantastic game basically due to it's name. So basically sales and success measure a good game. Cuz there aren't gems out there that people only find out about after hearing about it from someone else.

What Twigg and most fail to realize is that those names are chosen to create a mystery. Only way you can understand the title is to play the game and see how it's related.
                          And what you fail to realize is that when a game flops, like Binary Domain will, there will be no more in the series and the studio will probably shutter.

Again, your dumb ass is putting words into my mouth. I never once said that how much a game sells has anything to do with the quality. Hell, I even pointed out that Birth By Sleeps dumb ass name has no bearing on it's quality. But if a game sells jack shit, like Shadows of the Damned and inevitably Binary Domain, it is a terrible trickle down effect. And it all starts with that title.

Before you open your dumb ass mouth, I'm also not saying that KH:BBS sold shitty. That game would sell well based on the KH name alone. But that doesn't make the subtitle any more stupid. WTF does Birth By Sleep mean anyway? Dream Drop Distance? I can give you the answer for the latter. It means absolutely gibberish. It was just their super cool way of incorporating 3 D's in the title since it's a 3DS game. Get it? 3 D's on the 3DS. Brilliant!

Have you ever heard of 'You don't get a second chance at a first impression.'

But yeah, a game's title has no importance whatsoever.

Go ahead and defend your dumb ass ridiculous title and have Thomas' equally dumb ass Thank your post while he's at it.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                            Kindergarten Cop
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bomberooski
                            All this Mass Effect talk is giving me a boner for March 6
                            If it doesn't subside before then you should call a doctor.

Comment

• ryne candy
                              Aggie C/O '01
                              • Feb 2009

Was thinking of buying GTA 3 on the PSN (for when I get my Vita) but I saw gameplay video of it and GTA:CTW for the iPhone...each are $0.99. I have Vice City on my PSP.

edit: got it confused with GTA:LC on PSN....not GTA 3.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                                Let's Go All The Way...
                                • Nov 2008

I'm definitely getting Vice City for PS3.

You'd find it for less on PC or even used in the PS2 junkpile though.

Comment

Working...