X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SethMode
    Master of Mysticism
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
    Was it a drunken whim? They are the best kinds of whims.
    Indeed they are. They're also really my only kind of whim.

Comment

• JayDizzle
      Let's Go All The Way...
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by IamMedellin
      how does Vice city Stories hold up to the original Vice city?

just got a bigger memory card on my Vita n might finally get to play it
      It's more of the same.

Some of the locals from Vice City are still being built/are totally different in some cases (the Used Autos lot is a Redneck Trailer Park for one; another area you blow up ends up as a construction site in Vice).

Your weapon assortment is different and so is your method of making money.

The game purposefully sets you up to build your own empire via putting money towards real estate or criminal activity like robbery or pimping for example.

The radio selection is still good but it doesn't obviously live up to Vice City's track list; this should be expected as it's '84 tunes and older versus the wider selection Vice has.

And the character you play as can swim and use grappling moves to fight if needed which makes him more versatile than Tommy in Vice but the way the story is written, the guy is plain jane but happens to be the head of a crooked organization.

I'd personally give a shot as a fan of the GTA series; just know it has limitations going in.

Comment

• Twigg4075
        Kindergarten Cop
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by JayDizzle
        It's more of the same.

Some of the locals from Vice City are still being built/are totally different in some cases (the Used Autos lot is a Redneck Trailer Park for one; another area you blow up ends up as a construction site in Vice).

Your weapon assortment is different and so is your method of making money.

The game purposefully sets you up to build your own empire via putting money towards real estate or criminal activity like robbery or pimping for example.

The radio selection is still good but it doesn't obviously live up to Vice City's track list; this should be expected as it's '84 tunes and older versus the wider selection Vice has.

And the character you play as can swim and use grappling moves to fight if needed which makes him more versatile than Tommy in Vice but the way the story is written, the guy is plain jane but happens to be the head of a crooked organization.

I'd personally give a shot as a fan of the GTA series; just know it has limitations going in.
        Umm, how can you forget PHIL FUCKING COLLINS?!?

Comment

• KNUBB
          WHITE RONDO
          • Jun 2009

My favorite thing about Journey was after you finish you get the names of your anonymous companions who helped you. Just a little thing that goes a long way

Comment

• Twigg4075
            Kindergarten Cop
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by KNUBB
            My favorite thing about Journey was after you finish you get the names of your anonymous companions who helped you. Just a little thing that goes a long way
            Yup. It was crazy seeing those eight names when I thought I had only seen five or so. I did find it funny and interesting when Klepek said during the GB deliberations that he ended up playing Journey with people that he normally avoids like the plague in other multiplayer games. People with names like xxxPimp420xxx and Ifuckedyourmom69. Not only was that really cool but I can honestly say that this may be the only game, at least in recent memory, that made me "feel" anything. Maybe I'm just so desensitized to shit because I see some of the worst things imaginable at work, but games like Walking Dead didn't really do anything for me emotionally like it seems to have for so many other people. But when I lost a companion in Journy after having been running around with the more thirty minues, I was ligitimately sad. I began "chirping" like a mad man. Then when he (or she) showed up over the crest of the hill behind me I was elated.

Comment

• JBronxBombers
              Noob
              • Jan 2013

Been thinking about buying Neverwinter Nights 1 or 2 and was wondering if anyone here had played it and maybe give me a Mini Review?

Comment

• Rylo
                Corpse Disgracer
                • Oct 2008

Starting playing Fallout New Vegas. I have had it since it came out but never made it past level 5 because I didn't like it as much as Fallout 3. Once I am done with this I will probably crack and get Far Cry 3. I still need to play the Saints Rows and also Mass Effect 3.

Comment

• IamMedellin
                  Everything Burns...
                  • Nov 2008

Comment

• padman59
                    Slayer of Demons
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                    Was it a drunken whim? They are the best kinds of whims.
                    It was more of a "I can get this game for $7.49? Fuck it." kind of whim.

Comment

• IamMedellin
                      Everything Burns...
                      • Nov 2008

Really late on this But LMFAO

Comment

• jms493
                        • Feb 2009

Games in wrapper....

Dishonored
                        NFS: MW
                        Assassins Creed 3
                        Kingdoms of Amalur

Don't laugh....Infamous 2

Comment

• ryne candy
                          Aggie C/O '01
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jms493
                          Games in wrapper....

Dishonored
                          Assassins Creed 3
                          Kingdoms of Amalur

I've made myself open a game after the return date has passed at the latest. I've had games and BR still wrapped and when I open them the DLC had expired or (more often) the date to DL the digital copy of a movie has passed.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                            Let's Go All The Way...
                            • Nov 2008

I bought Persona 3: FES and I gotta say...

There's a LOT of dialogue and a lot of exposition to explain all the weird-ass shit going on.

Stuff about people turning into coffins at midnight and the "Dark Hour" and...

$10 and yet another crazy Jap game for me to delve into it seems.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                              Kindergarten Cop
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jms493
                              Games in wrapper....

Dishonored
                              Assassins Creed 3
                              Kingdoms of Amalur

I'm most shocked that you haven't played NFS yet with as much of a racing game fantastic as you are.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                                Kindergarten Cop
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ryne candy
                                I've made myself open a game after the return date has passed at the latest. I've had games and BR still wrapped and when I open them the DLC had expired or (more often) the date to DL the digital copy of a movie has passed.
                                I can see the expiration of the digital movies (even though it's still dumb) but what DLC expires? The only time I've seen that was with the first two Dance Central games where it said right on the box that the bonus MS points had to be redeemed by a certain date.

Comment

Working...