X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Twigg4075
    Kindergarten Cop
    • Feb 2009

So, I recently started listening to the Radio Radar podcast, which is I guess an extension of Talk Radar and Games Radar. I think the Talk Radar podcast dies and several slinter podcasts started in it's place including Radio Radar, Vidjagames Aocalypse, Cape Crisis and a few others. I've been really enjoying them. They actually talk about games, unlike the Bombcast, and they play more than just PC and 360.

I just listened to episode 34 and about halfway through they started talking about how now it seems like the cool thing to do now is to hate M$ (after reading a listener email). They mentioned that last gen everyone hated Sony because they were on top but since M$ is on top in NA this gen they are the cool company to hate. But it was funny because Hollander Cooper went on to sum up why he believes that is and it was exactly what I've been saying for years. He said early on it was M$ touting "Xbox Live is the best. We have the best Netflix app. Look at all the great Indie titles you can play on XBLA." Now Netflix on Xbox is fucked and almsot unusable, they almost seem to go out of their way to fuck over Indie developers on their platform and they've just been using their own hubris and flexing their muscles instead of actually doing anything to nake things better for the consumer. Whereas Sony has went in the complete opposite direction by severely improving their online network to where it is on par with Live, offers free games and crazy discounts with their paid service and has been throwing money at Indie developers and welcoming them with open arms.

Comment

• jms493
      • Feb 2009

I remembered I was sent a beta code for Marvel Heroes. I played a bit tonite and I like it. It is basically Diablo but with Marvel Heroes. The interfaces is really simple and easy to use and it is fun to play. I look forward to it. Best thing is it is free to play and they dont ruin the game with reminding you to buy stuff.

marvelgame 2013-04-29 00-13-52-60 by jms493, on Flickr

marvelgame 2013-04-29 00-12-45-00 by jms493, on Flickr

marvelgame 2013-04-28 23-55-25-74 by jms493, on Flickr

marvelgame 2013-04-28 23-49-14-82 by jms493, on Flickr
      Last edited by jms493; 04-29-2013, 08:06 AM.

Comment

• 1ke
        D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
        So, I recently started listening to the Radio Radar podcast, which is I guess an extension of Talk Radar and Games Radar. I think the Talk Radar podcast dies and several slinter podcasts started in it's place including Radio Radar, Vidjagames Aocalypse, Cape Crisis and a few others. I've been really enjoying them. They actually talk about games, unlike the Bombcast, and they play more than just PC and 360.

I just listened to episode 34 and about halfway through they started talking about how now it seems like the cool thing to do now is to hate M$ (after reading a listener email). They mentioned that last gen everyone hated Sony because they were on top but since M$ is on top in NA this gen they are the cool company to hate. But it was funny because Hollander Cooper went on to sum up why he believes that is and it was exactly what I've been saying for years. He said early on it was M$ touting "Xbox Live is the best. We have the best Netflix app. Look at all the great Indie titles you can play on XBLA." Now Netflix on Xbox is fucked and almsot unusable, they almost seem to go out of their way to fuck over Indie developers on their platform and they've just been using their own hubris and flexing their muscles instead of actually doing anything to nake things better for the consumer. Whereas Sony has went in the complete opposite direction by severely improving their online network to where it is on par with Live, offers free games and crazy discounts with their paid service and has been throwing money at Indie developers and welcoming them with open arms.
        Did I miss something about Netflix? I use it every other night, and haven't had and glaring issues.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Comment

• padman59
          Slayer of Demons
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by 1ke
          Did I miss something about Netflix? I use it every other night, and haven't had and glaring issues.

An update capped it at 720p on the 360 a while ago, and it just so happens that MS' own Zune is the only service on their console that streams 1080p content anymore.

Comment

• Derrville
            Dallas has no coaching...
            • Jul 2009

I guess theres not a lot of PSP users..

Comment

• j.hen
              Self Care
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Derrville
              I guess theres not a lot of PSP users..
              Only games I have for PSP are Square Enix games, and you don't seem like the type for those.

Comment

• ryne candy
                Aggie C/O '01
                • Feb 2009

50 Video Games Re-imagined As Stunning NES Cartridges

Comment

• jms493
                  • Feb 2009

Me Likey

Comment

• j.hen
                    Self Care
                    • Oct 2008

So I'm downstairs in my room smoking a bowl about to start up InFAMOUS 2 when I hear my roommates up stairs cheering "WEI SHEN! WEI SHEN!" and hysterically laughing, I go upstairs (bowl in tow) to find this:

I lol'd, think Shen sounds better than Steely Dan though
                    Last edited by j.hen; 04-30-2013, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• 1ke
                      D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                      • Mar 2009

I downloaded that Motorcross Madness game from Live. Its decent. Worth its 10 bucks. I like it. Handling's good, speed is good, a good spirit all around.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                        Kindergarten Cop
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jms493
                        I remembered I was sent a beta code for Marvel Heroes. I played a bit tonite and I like it. It is basically Diablo but with Marvel Heroes. The interfaces is really simple and easy to use and it is fun to play. I look forward to it. Best thing is it is free to play and they dont ruin the game with reminding you to buy stuff.
                        So, it's another Marvel: Ultimate Alliance?

Comment

• jms493
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                          So, it's another Marvel: Ultimate Alliance?
                          yes but much better

Comment

• Swarley
                            A Special Kind of Cat
                            • Jul 2010

Comment

• padman59
                              Slayer of Demons
                              • Mar 2009

Ubisoft's Uplay client sucks. They must have monkeys running that thing. How hard is it to allow people to activate their keys without having to download the game through a third party client?

Comment

• Twigg4075
                                Kindergarten Cop
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by 1ke

Originally posted by padman59
                                An update capped it at 720p on the 360 a while ago, and it just so happens that MS' own Zune is the only service on their console that streams 1080p content anymore.
                                Plus the UI is absolute shit compared to other devices like PS3. If you've only ever used one option, in your case 360, it probably seems perfectly fine. But if you've used Netflix on multiple devices like my wife and I have you would see how inferior the 360 version is.

I think would Par said has a TON to do with that too. M$ doesn't want another service out shining their own video service.
                                Originally posted by padman59
                                Ubisoft's Uplay client sucks. They must have monkeys running that thing. How hard is it to allow people to activate their keys without having to download the game through a third party client?
                                Just get Blood Dragon on PS3 Pad. I was playing within 25 mins of starting the download.

Comment

Working...