X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JayDizzle
    Let's Go All The Way...
    • Nov 2008

I concur.

When it was down to Brink, Padman and myself (after Twigg went to "Protect and Serve"...something), shit went down.

We learned a valuable lesson in Helicopter Parking (anyone can land that shit but parking? That's an ART) and Repair.

Mainly, it's HILARIOUS.

Also, after it came down to Padman and I, we proceeded to become the other team's Worse Nightmare. :smug2:

I LOST skill points (basically the game's gauge of actual skill versus being a dick and Spawn Camping) because we took all the points in Conquest and proceeded to said Spawn Camp.

EDIT: Apparently, "Skill Points" are based on whether or not you kill more people with higher rankings versus those who don't...

How the fuck do you gauge something like that when you either play people who've had the game since Day One or play those who aren't even at Level 12 yet?

There's no alternative lobby other than "Hardcore" but you die so damn much on "Normal" anyway without worry of croaking to a single bullet.

Comment

• padman59
      Slayer of Demons
      • Mar 2009

I felt a little bad about blockading those guys in their spawn on Laguna Alta for two matches in a row. There's literally no escape for them on that map if they don't cap a point at the start of the match. Those poor bastards sure tried to get out though. :laughing:

Comment

• JayDizzle
        Let's Go All The Way...
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by padman59
        I felt a little bad about blockading those guys in their spawn on Laguna Alta for two matches in a row. There's literally no escape for them on that map if they don't cap a point at the start of the match. Those poor bastards sure tried to get out though. :laughing:
        Once I got that Russian Tank in there and starting merking people, that match was OVER.

I thinking that mostly everyone that we play now hasn't leveled up their gear to the point where they would use better explosives versus vehicles and the like.

That and the help of random "Pubbie" Engineers that would further counteract our opponent's shortcomings with repairing in exchange for free points. :five:

Comment

• CCBrink
          Awkward Swag
          • May 2009

IGN gave Vietnam a 9.5

Comment

• JayDizzle
            Let's Go All The Way...
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by CCBRINK
            IGN gave Vietnam a 9.5

Comment

• padman59
              Slayer of Demons
              • Mar 2009

I can't wait to get my hands on a flamethrower.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                Let's Go All The Way...
                • Nov 2008

I plan on using a LOT of high explosives.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                  Let's Go All The Way...
                  • Nov 2008

From the DICE chat and your friends at PA:

- there will be hardcore mode
                  - all modes are available for all maps
                  - Recon has mortar strikes
                  - your points count towards BC2 rank
                  - you can replenish the flamethrower with the ammo box
                  - no AA guns, but RPG and stationary weapons do heavy damage to choppers
                  - M16 is full auto
                  - all specializations will count, except 2 modern ones (not specified in the chat, but should be obvious)
                  - no Vietnam weapons in BC2
                  - "The huey is a mix of transport and attack helicopter behavior in BC2. It is light and agile and easy to fly but takes longer time to master!"
                  - will be download only right now (not on CD)
                  - The flamethrower on the tank replaces the coax gun addon in BC2
                  - flames won't hurt the tank (derp)
                  - new achievements
                  - in vehicles, you can change the radio
                  - knife has been tweaked to be faster (also in BC2)
                  - tuc tuc carries 3
                  - flamethrower range is about 15 meters
                  - "all weapons in Vietnam have unique tweaks compared to BC2."
                  - snipers: There will be 3 different rifles, and they will be either semi-automatic or bolt action
                  - snipers: will be able to use both the TNT and Mortar at the same time
                  - There is a classic US Vietnam river boat with 1 dual MG in the front and MG in the back
                  - if you're playing music in a vehicle, enemies can hear it (sweet!)
                  - there will be parachutes
                  - 5 in the huey; you have the main weapon for the pilot which are rockets. 2 side mounted guns as well.
                  - re-spawning times are slighter shorter than BC2.
                  - "We have several sound designers here. On Vietnam, we had three. One working with voices, one with ambience and one with sound effects and music."
                  - in rush, you're destroying radio communication centrals instead of M-COMs.
                  - there are foxholes and tunnels dug under the ground

Comment

• Twigg4075
                    Kindergarten Cop
                    • Feb 2009

What I dont understand is why they didnt offer this as a stand alone download ala Battlefield 1943. It seems they would sell a lot more. 1943 was wildly successful. Wasnt it the most downloaded game ever or something? And maybe even offer a discount, $10 instead of $15 to people that have an online pass registered from BC2.

Comment

• Maynard
                      stupid ass titles
                      • Feb 2009

i would have gotten it if it was a stand alone download.

Comment

• leaffan
                        Colton Orr Fan
                        • Feb 2009

It uses a lot of BC2 parts in it from what I gather and simply wouldn't work as a standalone without them having to charge $20+ for it.

It's cheaper for them to go expansion in terms of cost for people.

$15 btw is hella cheap compared to what expansions used to cost. I remember the addon packs in BF2 being like 10 or 15 bucks and the expansion for it was close to 40.

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

• Maynard
                          stupid ass titles
                          • Feb 2009

yeah its a hell of a value. i dont have the disc anymore so i am SOL. as a stand alone they probably would have been at least 30 bucks if not 40

gotta give them credit for this move...its all about the gamer on this one. shit, you usually pay 15 just for a set of 4 maps

Comment

• leaffan
                            Colton Orr Fan
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Maynard
                            yeah its a hell of a value. i dont have the disc anymore so i am SOL. as a stand alone they probably would have been at least 30 bucks if not 40

gotta give them credit for this move...its all about the gamer on this one. shit, you usually pay 15 just for a set of 4 maps
                            Thats because dice are the bomb.

I really really should start playing this game again but my PC gaming days grow shorter every day due to work.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                              Kindergarten Cop
                              • Feb 2009

I had no idea all of that went into it. So how were they able to make 1943 separate then?

Comment

• leaffan
                                Colton Orr Fan
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                                I had no idea all of that went into it. So how were they able to make 1943 separate then?
                                1943 wasn't very big in terms of conent and unlocking stuff.

43' was pretty much using the same ideals (and maps) as 1942 but using the new engine.

Comment

Working...