Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maynard
    stupid ass titles
    • Feb 2009

GameSpot is the world's largest source for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita, Wii PC, 3DS, PSP, DS, video game news, reviews, previews, trailers, walkthroughs, and more.

i thought this didnt come out until next week

Comment

• Twigg4075
      Kindergarten Cop
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Maynard
      http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/g...opslot;thumb;1

i thought this didnt come out until next week
      It doesn't, but most reviewers get the game early. Sometimes as early as two weeks or more. A lot of times companies place embargos on the reviews until release day, especially when they know their game sucks or if they are unsure. I think it's obvious this game is going to kick major ass so the more early good press the better.

Comment

• Maynard
        stupid ass titles
        • Feb 2009

that video review from gamespot is sick. they dont go to far outside of the E3 demo, but it will spoil the first 2 games if you intend on playing those.

but fucking a man.....unbelievable looking game

Comment

• Maynard
          stupid ass titles
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Hokie
          Very positive review from IGN. 9.3 Overall Rating.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/107/1075014p1.html

Lasting Appeal
          It won't take much more than about 10 hours one time through, but collectables can bring you back, not to mention the Challenge rooms and Arena Battles.
          rental

Comment

• jms493
            • Feb 2009

rental
            yeah Gamefly for sure...probably will play through once.

Comment

• Maynard
              stupid ass titles
              • Feb 2009

me too. I seriously dont understand these developers models for making successful selling games. maybe its cheaper to focus on exceptional graphics rather than creating something with more longevity. but i would think more people would be inclined to buy a game that is going to get them 30 or so hrs of gameplay vs 10 hrs of gameplay

why would anyone buy somthing for $60 when they can spend $10 to rent it. Add gamefly members into the mix and its no wonder gaming companies are losing money

Comment

• ryne candy
                Aggie C/O '01
                • Feb 2009

If you are a Gamer member at Best Buy, you will get added bonus points that will equal a $10 gift certificate. Also at Toys R Us, you will get a $20 gift card with purchase.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                  Kindergarten Cop
                  • Feb 2009

me too. I seriously dont understand these developers models for making successful selling games. maybe its cheaper to focus on exceptional graphics rather than creating something with more longevity. but i would think more people would be inclined to buy a game that is going to get them 30 or so hrs of gameplay vs 10 hrs of gameplay

why would anyone buy somthing for $60 when they can spend $10 to rent it. Add gamefly members into the mix and its no wonder gaming companies are losing money
                  Because there are a lot of adults that play games that have a ton of responsibilities. Hell, games a lot shorter, MW2 for instance, night take them two weeks to play through because they can only play maybe an hour at a time because of work, kids, chores, etc. And then there are a ton of people like me that are collectors and know that a game like this NEEDS to be in my collection.

And even with all the games I own, I still go back to ld ones now and again. Hell, I'll be playing through GoW 1 and 2 again very soon. You can't do that with a rental.
                  Last edited by Twigg4075; 03-08-2010, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• Maynard
                    stupid ass titles
                    • Feb 2009

but you collect games like old people collect coins....that can be an expensive investment for the avg gamer

Comment

• Lupe
                      Posts a lot
                      • Nov 2008

IGN Gave it a 9.3/10

Originally posted by Len B
                      Lupe is good peeps. He gets a bad rap from people who take message boards too seriously and forget what it's like to be young and online. I consider Lupe a top 100 prospect in the minors and someday becomes a solid poster.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
                        True Blue
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Lupe
                        its been getting perfect/near perfect scores from pretty much every publication. its got a 94 on metacritic so far (51 reviews). this game is gonna be tittttttttttts

Last edited by CrimsonGhost56; 03-11-2010, 02:05 PM.

Comment

• Maynard
                          stupid ass titles
                          • Feb 2009

the demo is a blast and the game looks fantastic. but the short SP mode is the killer for me. i rent it for sure

Comment

• Jagsfan61
                            Go Jaguars
                            • Oct 2008

yea, its looking more and more like a rental to me, i cant see myself paying 60 for a 10 hour game I might rent this, and just pick up Final Fantasy a 30-40 hour game

Oh, and i just picked up bad company 2.. SHIT IS FIYYAAA

Comment

• A Tasty Burgerr
                              ▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀
                              • Oct 2008

It sounds like the only consistent complaint from most reviews is that the combat is the same as the first two, which is hardly a complaint.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
                                True Blue
                                • Feb 2009

god of war always has a shit ton of extras so i would think the whole experience would take more than 10 hours

Comment

Working...