Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • godspeed
    • Mar 2009

New to the show- Some questions

Just got a Ps3 a few weeks bck and starting getting into the show 09. I had a few questions I was wodnering if anyone could answer:

1) What is everyone's success with using the regular contact swing? Do you still get HR's and extra base hits?

2) Is there anyone way to turn off the cut scene of the no doubter HRs that zoom on the plate at bat? I'd much rather just see where the ball lands instead of going to the replay screen to see the exact result of where the ball goes. Kind of reminds me of All Star baseball when it used to do that. I have all cutscenes off and fast play on.

3) What do the cricles represent under the fielders when they throw? Is it some sort of meter that effcts the throw?

This game is extremely deep, animations are sick, so glad I got a Ps3 so I could play this game.

Thanks in advance.
  • FirstTimer
    Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by godspeed
    Just got a Ps3 a few weeks bck and starting getting into the show 09. I had a few questions I was wodnering if anyone could answer:

1) What is everyone's success with using the regular contact swing? Do you still get HR's and extra base hits?
    Depending on your slider sets contact swings I was getting good amounts of HR's and extra base hits.

Rarely used the Power Swing unless I was really locked in with a guy at the plate or was siting 3-0 or 3-1 on a fastball.

2) Is there anyone way to turn off the cut scene of the no doubter HRs that zoom on the plate at bat? I'd much rather just see where the ball lands instead of going to the replay screen to see the exact result of where the ball goes. Kind of reminds me of All Star baseball when it used to do that. I have all cutscenes off and fast play on.
    Yes there is. Can't remember where it is in the menu/settings but I think it is under the presentation tab or something. I know you can turn it off because I did since I felt the same way as you.

3) What do the cricles represent under the fielders when they throw? Is it some sort of meter that effcts the throw?
    Don't remember this very well.

Haven't played The Show in months but yes I belive that is what they do.

Comment

• godspeed
      • Mar 2009

Thanks for the reply.

I think I found something in settings that has the HR camera on. I turned it off and I'll let you know how it goes. I thought it would be turned off automatically because I had fast play on, but I'll check it out and see if that's it.

Also, I'm just pretty much doing default sliders with some slight adjustments on veteran. I'm getting alot of singles, realistic HR numbers...but like no extra base hits besides HR. Should I turn down outfielder speed?

I wish I knew what those damn circles were under the fielders..lol. There are no tutorials on it and the manual doesn't mention it either.

Comment

• godspeed
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by houtz
        You're not referring to the circles underneath the players that merely show you which player you have control of are you?
        The circles under the fielders turn colors or the circles fill up it seems. Sometimes they are yellow and green or sometimes just green. I don't know if it's the power your putting on throws, holding it down longer, or what the rhyme or reason is for it. But they are there under the players. I thought that has something to do with the control of the fielder throws? I mean what determines good throws or bad throws? Just attributes?

So are fielder throws just random when you press controls? That seems so shallow and basic for a game that is this good.

Comment

• godspeed
          • Mar 2009

I appreciate the input guys. I'm new to the game and I know there are a ton of die hard fans of the game out there. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Comment

Working...