Season II: 9-7 (NFC North Champions)
    Season III: 13-3 (NFC Champions)
    Season IV: 11-5 (NFC North Champions)
    Season V: 2-1

Comment

• Twigg4075
      Kindergarten Cop
      • Feb 2009

Now those videos look more like classic SOCOM. I like the co-op idea.

But what was up with the dude in the blue helmet in the first video? Are you trying to stand out as much as possible so that you can get your fast blasted off in the first three seconds? Although I guess it doesn't matter much if it's co-op.

Comment

• wingsfan77
        • Aug 2009

Haven't played SOCOM since the PS2 days, can't wait to try the beta.

Comment

• Twigg4075
          Kindergarten Cop
          • Feb 2009

SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs Full Deployment Edition Announced - G4tv.com

This might be the reason to finally get the Move.

Comment

• krulmichael
            STRAAAAANGE MUSIC!
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
            SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs Full Deployment Edition Announced - G4tv.com

This might be the reason to finally get the Move.
            Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; DROIDX Build/VZW) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1 480X854 motorola DROIDX
            Pretty nice, I'll just get the reg edition and keep an eye out on the gun since I already have all the move shit.

Twitch Channel
            http://www.twitch.tv/krulmichael20

Season I: 10-6 (NFC North Champions)
            Season II: 9-7 (NFC North Champions)
            Season III: 13-3 (NFC Champions)
            Season IV: 11-5 (NFC North Champions)
            Season V: 2-1

Comment

• JBauerisGod
              ...is amazing.
              • Feb 2009

Yeah I'm right there with Krul. I'll be getting this again no matter how stupid some of the new ideas are haha.

I just hate the fact Zipper is trying to make a 3rd person COD with the SOCOM series. No matter how hard anyone tries, sales will never even come close to the COD series, so why keep trying? I disagree with people who think a game catered to the hardcore SOCOM fanbase would fail financially. Remember, at SOCOM's peak, there were 40k people on a night. I'm pretty sure there were at least 30k on a night for a couple years after SOCOM II's release. Not until SOCOM 3 came out did it really die down IIRC.

In a market filled today with 38 billion COD alternatives, you need to do something fresh to stand out of the pack. What Zipper's doing with S4 is not gonna make the series stand out from the pack in any way. If anything Zipper will once and for all kill the SOCOM brand with SOCOM 4.

Comment

• JBauerisGod
                ...is amazing.
                • Feb 2009

Yeah I'm right there with Krul. I'll be getting this again no matter how stupid some of the new ideas are haha.

I just hate the fact Zipper is trying to make a 3rd person COD with the SOCOM series. No matter how hard anyone tries, sales will never even come close to the COD series, so why keep trying? I disagree with people who think a game catered to the hardcore SOCOM fanbase would fail financially. Remember, at SOCOM's peak, there were 40k people on a night. I'm pretty sure there were at least 30k on a night for a couple years after SOCOM II's release. Not until SOCOM 3 came out did it really die down IIRC.

In a market filled today with 38 billion COD alternatives, you need to do something fresh to stand out of the pack. What Zipper's doing with S4 is not gonna make the series stand out from the pack in any way. If anything Zipper will once and for all kill the SOCOM brand with SOCOM 4.

Comment

• BrntO4Life
                  My Aunt Ida Smokes.
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by JBauerisGod

30-40K is nothing compared to the million that were simultaneously on Xbox Live playing COD: BO though.

I certainly agree with you, but it's always a stupid numbers game.

Comment

• JBauerisGod
                    ...is amazing.
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BrntO4Life
                    30-40K is nothing compared to the million that were simultaneously on Xbox Live playing COD: BO though.

I certainly agree with you, but it's always a stupid numbers game.
                    That's definitely true, but 30-40k back in those days were insane numbers for a console game. Not until Halo came out did another game even come close from what I remember.

Comment

• BrntO4Life
                      My Aunt Ida Smokes.
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by JBauerisGod
                      That's definitely true, but 30-40k back in those days were insane numbers for a console game. Not until Halo came out did another game even come close from what I remember.
                      Yes, but that haven't been able to consistently match those (now) paltry numbers since SOCOM II. My dad plays Confrontation on a nightly basis and there are usually 10k on.

Comment

• Handleit_44
                        Posts a lot
                        • Jun 2009

Link: SOCOM 4 Bomb Squad and Beta Details

When can you get your hands on Bomb Squad, you ask? Well, you'll be able to try out all four of our modes on two maps in our upcoming beta! The SOCOM 4 Multiplayer Beta will include each of the game's competitive multiplayer modes -- Suppression, Last Defense, Uplink and Bomb Squad -- all playable on the maps "Port Authority" and "Assault & Battery". And of course, you'll be able to play each of our modes in either of their Standard or Classic variants.

The SOCOM 4 Multiplayer Beta will roll out in four separate phases. It'll begin with a small, private group and then expand weekly from there until it's freely available to everyone! Here's the schedule for each of the beta's rollout phases:
                        • On March 15th, a private beta goes live. We’ll be contacting eligible players soon.
                        • Beginning March 22nd, PlayStation Plus members will gain access to the beta.
                        • On March 29th, anyone with a beta code included with Killzone 3 gains entry.
                        • Starting April 5th, the beta will be freely downloadable to anyone via PlayStation Network.

Comment

• QuietStorm
                          11/15/13
                          • Feb 2009

Nice... I was just about to post this. I'm going to sign up for PS+ today.

Video...

SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs Video Game, GDC 11: Team Mechanics Interview | Video Clip | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com
                          Twitch Channel

Comment

• padman59
                            Slayer of Demons
                            • Mar 2009

Nice. I'll be sure to give the beta a try when it becomes available for PS+ members.

Comment

• BrntO4Life
                              My Aunt Ida Smokes.
                              • Mar 2009

I've got to admit, this game looks to be feature-rich. Hopefully the gameplay isn't as bad as everyone is convinced it will be.

Comment

• KNUBB
                                WHITE RONDO
                                • Jun 2009

Who wants my KZ3 code?

Comment

Working...