X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brees fan
    Shotgunning 4ur sins
    • Jan 2009

run defense

Well usually i have no problems stopping the run but today i played a guy using the cowboys and he nickel and dimed me the whole game picking up three and four yards here and there he didnt throw the ball once the whole game. My point is what plays do you guys find good success with stopping the run i can usually stop the outside runs fairly easily but its the dives that i cant seem to get ahold of any tips?
    (*)I am a 25 year old pathological liar. I didn't have any friends growing up, so I feel that I have to impress people I may never meet online with fabricated stories. Any threads/messages I write are strictly false, and have no relevance to any daily experiences in my life. Basically, I am just a law respecting, citizen with no friends(*)
  • Archer
    Go the fuck outside
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by brees_fan
    Well usually i have no problems stopping the run but today i played a guy using the cowboys and he nickel and dimed me the whole game picking up three and four yards here and there he didnt throw the ball once the whole game. My point is what plays do you guys find good success with stopping the run i can usually stop the outside runs fairly easily but its the dives that i cant seem to get ahold of any tips?
    He nickel and dimed you??? eh??

Comment

• brees fan
      Shotgunning 4ur sins
      • Jan 2009

yea you know two yards here three yards there and five here no matter what i did i couldnt stop him even if id get to his hb hed fall a mile forward...
      (*)I am a 25 year old pathological liar. I didn't have any friends growing up, so I feel that I have to impress people I may never meet online with fabricated stories. Any threads/messages I write are strictly false, and have no relevance to any daily experiences in my life. Basically, I am just a law respecting, citizen with no friends(*)

Comment

• Archer
        Go the fuck outside
        • Oct 2008

yea you know two yards here three yards there and five here no matter what i did i couldnt stop him even if id get to his hb hed fall a mile forward...
        Ok i didnt understand . Run commit?

Comment

• brees fan
          Shotgunning 4ur sins
          • Jan 2009

yea i tried that and still couldnt do much i mean i stopped him a few times and when we rematched i used the vikings and did the same thing to him (adiran petersons got that fall a mile stat too) what formations should i be running out of to help with the run i usually play with the saints and that could prolly be alot of the problem when someone has a decent back
          Last edited by brees fan; 02-07-2009, 12:45 AM.

Comment

• brees fan
            Shotgunning 4ur sins
            • Jan 2009

haha didnt try that i think i was just out ran for the most part i played another game today against him and shut the cheese bs off i dont really know what i did diffrent though. I was pretty high last night and it very well could have just been me not playing worth shit.

Comment

• Raidersabc123
              Wakka Wakka
              • Dec 2008

46 D
              THe MaDDeN GoD

Comment

• brees fan
                Shotgunning 4ur sins
                • Jan 2009

is that book any good to play with or just on the run? i have been using the saints book since i got it so i doubt ill change but i might try it or did you just mean plays out of any book in 4-6 formation?

Comment

• Houston
                  Back home
                  • Oct 2008

Someone's been listening to Madden a little too much.

Stopping the run isn't hard, just

choose any heavy blitz play
                  show blitz
                  pinch the line
                  run commit.

There's the basics.......

Comment

• brees fan
                    Shotgunning 4ur sins
                    • Jan 2009

yea i was doing all that and just couldnt seem to stop him i was getting to his hb he just kept falling forward a mile and that what was killing me but ive got it all worked out now thanks for the help anyways though

Comment

• Houston
                      Back home
                      • Oct 2008

I don't see how u can let someone constantly run on u when u know it's coming..........

Comment

• brees fan
                        Shotgunning 4ur sins
                        • Jan 2009

it wasnt that i didnt know he was doing it it was just that no matter what i did i couldnt stop his running back from trucking forward a mile... In hindsight it wasnt my play calling at all just a bad game on my part... I still welcome the advice though

Comment

• Aso
                          The Serious House
                          • Nov 2008

I go 4-3 Normal Free Fire. Pinch the line and crash the line. Then also pinch the linebackers and have your cornerbacks play off coverage. Then run commit. Its a play i use all the time when my opponent is under center. You can usually get a free rusher. If someone runs a toss then this won't work but thats what run commit left and right is for. I also user the safety to the strong side to prevent success on toss plays. This is not only a good play to stop the run it is a great way to get pressure on opposing quarterbacks on pass plays when your opponent is under center.

btw man coverage seems a lot better now than in the beginning of madden 09. Maybe it's just me. It use man to man still. I don't use the raiders when playing madden too lol
                          Last edited by Aso; 02-12-2009, 12:19 AM.

Comment

• brees fan
                            Shotgunning 4ur sins
                            • Jan 2009

yea i have been able to run a little man to man since the last update

Comment

• Aso
                              The Serious House
                              • Nov 2008

I am just saying i use it pretty well for the pass.

Comment

Working...