• Show
Clear All
  • killgod
    OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
    • Oct 2008

Percentage Based Success Rates

What's your thoughts on this?

Let me explain...

The data that EA has collected is being used to drive the current Madden updates, and Madden NFL 11. Strauser stated in Madden NFL 10, gamers had a 23 percent rate of success on stiff arms – very close to the target rate of 25 percent that the developers established.

On the other hand, the truck/highlight stick had a success rate of 46 percent – which is supposed to be a much bigger risk in using. The developers immediately addressed the success rates on these moves to put in one of the Madden updates.

It will be interesting to see how this affects player ratings – can we count on players having a success rate of 23 percent on his stiff arm, even if it’s the best stiff arm in the game by a guy like Peterson taking on a smaller defender? These approaches open the door to a lot of questions on how the ratings come into play that Strauser did not discuss.

This kind of information really explains alot about the bullshit you see in Madden.

It makes player ratings sound even more irrelevant than we already believe them to be.

Seems that it doesn't matter that your player is 35 or 99 in stiff arms, he'll be breaking them 1/4 times.

Would explain alot about the CPU comeback bullshit. You shut down a CPU all game long, well duh they are going to have all the percentages in their favour by this point and hence, they storm back and rape.

Thoughts?
  • steeljake
    6 rings...
    • Oct 2008

ea sucks ball sack and need to lose the exclusive liscense asap. we are moving closer and closer to nfl blitz.

23:33 OnlyOneBeerLeft: jake nobody listens to you aint you supposed to die from cancer or somethin soon?

Comment

• mgoblue2290
      Posts too much
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by killgod
      What's your thoughts on this?

Let me explain...

This kind of information really explains alot about the bullshit you see in Madden.

It makes player ratings sound even more irrelevant than we already believe them to be.

Seems that it doesn't matter that your player is 35 or 99 in stiff arms, he'll be breaking them 1/4 times.

Would explain alot about the CPU comeback bullshit. You shut down a CPU all game long, well duh they are going to have all the percentages in their favour by this point and hence, they storm back and rape.

Thoughts?
      I always had a sneaking suspicion that some of these sports game were percentage based. For example, your left tackle lets the end through 1 out of every 3 passing plays. It would take a lot of testing to try and prove it, however I wouldn't be surprised if it were true. I know a lot of people have seen that video of receivers and kickers put as offensive lineman and doing just fine against guys weighing 100 pounds more on the defensive line.

Comment

• Senser81
        VSN Poster of the Year
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by mgoblue2290
        I always had a sneaking suspicion that some of these sports game were percentage based. For example, your left tackle lets the end through 1 out of every 3 passing plays. It would take a lot of testing to try and prove it, however I wouldn't be surprised if it were true. I know a lot of people have seen that video of receivers and kickers put as offensive lineman and doing just fine against guys weighing 100 pounds more on the defensive line.
        I would agree. I would go a step further and say that entire outcomes are percentage-based. Like you are successful 50% of the time on 4th-and-inches, so before the play the CPU Mastermind has already determined whether or not you are going to convert. This sets in motion the typical physically-impossible Madden play, where your RB gets tripped up from behind, and instead of simply falling forward for the 1st down, he flips over backwards...just short of the marker.

Comment

• MrBill
          Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Senser81
          I would agree. I would go a step further and say that entire outcomes are percentage-based. Like you are successful 50% of the time on 4th-and-inches, so before the play the CPU Mastermind has already determined whether or not you are going to convert. This sets in motion the typical physically-impossible Madden play, where your RB gets tripped up from behind, and instead of simply falling forward for the 1st down, he flips over backwards...just short of the marker.
          I'd agree with that entire assessment.

Comment

Working...