X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Twigg4075
    Kindergarten Cop
    • Feb 2009

[360] Xbox Live Marketplace/Arcade thread

All of the games, dates and pricing have been announced for the Summer of Arcade.

Microsoft is kicking off its summertime Xbox Live Arcade push with the dark and lovely Limbo, wrapping it up with the Tomb Raider spin-off Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, dating even more downloadable hits through August.

I know I'm shocked that EVERY game is $15. Although I believe there are refund incentives the more games you buy. If you buy three you get $10 back and all five you get $15 back.

• Tengo Juego
    Posts a lot
    • Jun 2009

Limbo is really the only game that looks interesting. Arcade game's standard rate used to be $10. Now it's $15.

Comment

• Twigg4075
      Kindergarten Cop
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Tengo Juego
      Limbo is really the only game that looks interesting. Arcade game's standard rate used to be $10. Now it's $15.
      I'm interested in all of the games. Limbo is supposed to be awesome. Lara Croft has been getting rave reviews. And Monday Night Combat is supposed to be the surprise hit of the summer. All of these games may very well be worth $15 but the trend of the increased "standard price" is NOT a good thing. It won't be long before everything, Modern Warfare map packs included, is $20 and that's fucking bullshit.

Comment

• Tengo Juego
        Posts a lot
        • Jun 2009

I just wont buy em. Like I already dont

The last arcade game I bought(Dishwasher: Dead Samurai) was a disappointment. I remember that game being better when I played the demo/trial back when XNA games first appeared on the 360.

Although, Blacklight: Tango Down looks cool. I might have to get that one. I'm a sucker for shooters.

Comment

• Twigg4075
          Kindergarten Cop
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Tengo Juego
          I just wont buy em. Like I already dont

The last arcade game I bought(Dishwasher: Dead Samurai) was a disappointment. I remember that game being better when I played the demo/trial back when XNA games first appeared on the 360.

Although, Blacklight: Tango Down looks cool. I might have to get that one. I'm a sucker for shooters.
          Yeah, I was disappointed by The Dishwasher as well. That game had a ton of hype behind it.

I did forget to mention that Blacklight came out today as well. I just downloaded the trial. Deathspank comes out next week too. I'm not sure why those two games weren't considered as part of the SoA. I mean, it is Summer and they are both high profile games.

Comment

• Buzzman
            • Oct 2008

Just wait for them to hit the deal of the week. I got all5 summer arcade titles for $30 by waiting.

Comment

• Twigg4075
              Kindergarten Cop
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Buzzman
              Just wait for them to hit the deal of the week. I got all5 summer arcade titles for $30 by waiting.
              Yeah, but I really want to play Tomb Raider. Although I think I'm going to be getting that for PSN.

I think I need to correct myself on the "discount". I think it's $5 (400pts) back if you purchase three games and $10 (800pts) if you purchase all five, which makes things a lot less desirable.

Comment

• Buzzman
                • Oct 2008

Tomb Raider does look like some fun ass co-op.

I thought Hydrophobia was supposed to be apart of the lineup? It must have got delayed.

I just checked your trophy list Twigg, how the fuck you only have 2 platinums.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                  Kindergarten Cop
                  • Feb 2009

Tomb Raider does look like some fun ass co-op.

I thought Hydrophobia was supposed to be apart of the lineup? It must have got delayed.

I just checked your trophy list Twigg, how the fuck you only have 2 platinums.
                  Don't you mean Hydro Thunder? Isn't that the second game on the list?

The same reason I think I may have gotten all 1000g score on maybe two 360 games. Getting ALL of the trophies or ALL achievements in a game most of the time is a fucking joke. I have too many games to play to spend countless hours trying to get some ridiculously difficult trophies. And then there are games like Dark Void where certain trophies just wouldn't unlock so I just gave up.

Comment

• Buzzman
                    • Oct 2008

No i meant Hydrophobia. Just looked it up in my magazine and mistaken it for being there. Hydrophobia looks better then all 5 of the Summer XBLA games.

Comment

• jms493
                      • Feb 2009

Limbo
                      Castlevania
                      Tomb Raider....all buys. I am not buying too many video game as of late. These look fun and cheap!

Comment

• Twigg4075
                        Kindergarten Cop
                        • Feb 2009

No i meant Hydrophobia. Just looked it up in my magazine and mistaken it for being there. Hydrophobia looks better then all 5 of the Summer XBLA games.
                        Never heard of it.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                          Kindergarten Cop
                          • Feb 2009

Anyone buy Death Spank? I only got to try the demo for about five minutes earlier. It seems pretty fun and it's been getting good reviews.

Comment

• IamMedellin
                            Everything Burns...
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                            I'm interested in all of the games. Limbo is supposed to be awesome. Lara Croft has been getting rave reviews. And Monday Night Combat is supposed to be the surprise hit of the summer. All of these games may very well be worth $15 but the trend of the increased "standard price" is NOT a good thing. It won't be long before everything, Modern Warfare map packs included, is $20 and that's fucking bullshit.
                            oh yea, and it'll be rationalized, " that's only $5 a map, what are you 3rd world poor?"

oh and sumtimes it is just way too time consuming to 1000G every game
                            [AC2 was kinda easy, but COD4 is tough as a mofo and fuck Wet]

Comment

• Twigg4075
                              Kindergarten Cop
                              • Feb 2009

Shortly after you posted this I read a short article on the game in OXM. It does look damn cool but I haven't heard shit about a release date.

Comment

Working...