X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Twigg4075
    Kindergarten Cop
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by cpollack09
    IMO this game is just a rentable, its not worth owning, after u beat it theres nothing much else to do.
    You could say that about any game. At least it's going to be probably another 25 hour campaign. Not to mention the multiplayer looks bad ass.

Comment

• Pills
      Go Blue!
      • Mar 2009

Some plot spoilers here:

I played them backwards, so AC I was a bit of a step down. There was just so much *more* in ACII. The Back to the Future II-esque endings aren't really doing it for me, though I did like playing with Desmond with the hidden blade.

Just waiting to find out how closely related Subject 16 is to you (as you're at least both descendents of Ezio).

Along with Madden and Civ V, this is one of the games I'm really looking forward to.
      UglyChristmasLights.com - Celebrating 10 years with the 2011 collection!

Comment

• Pills
        Go Blue!
        • Mar 2009

Just an FYI -
        If you pre-ordered the game for PS3 at Gamestop and they didn't give you the code to get into the beta for online multiplayer, they have it now. I got mine yesterday.

This may be the first game I really play multiplayer online since Quake 3.

I think the beta starts 10/4.

Comment

• killgod
          OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
          • Oct 2008

fantastic trailer

With the game out soon (November!), it's nice to finally see a proper trailer devoted to its singleplayer campaign.

Comment

• leaffan
            Colton Orr Fan
            • Feb 2009

The trailer appears to be down. I think its this one though:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCIYyOPGllQ[/ame]

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

• Pills
              Go Blue!
              • Mar 2009

Just got my multiplayer code! It says the beta is up. I'm going to try to get on it after work.

Comment

• Pills
                Go Blue!
                • Mar 2009

Multiplayer is awesome.

It's really just your basic manhunt game set within ACII (in Rome, of course). You level up as you make kills and get points. You get more points for a more discrete kill, as opposed to a chase. You can also get points for eluding your pursuer, and for making him kill someone else that looks like your character; there are multiples of each character in the map. Points not only go towards the game, but you can level up as well.

Max players right now is 8. As you level up, you get more abilities. For instance, on level 2, you get the ability to disguise yourself as someone else. I got to level 4 tonight; there was another ability, but I'm not sure what it was.

I'm not sure if you can kill your pursuer; I think you can, but I didn't.

Games are 10 minutes long.

Comment

• Pills
                  Go Blue!
                  • Mar 2009

Played another few games last night. A few things annoyed me, but I figured a few more out.

What annoyed me is that there can be more than one person after YOUR kill. There's an indicator to tell you how many people are after you. At one point, in a game I completely kicked ass in, I had three people after me (I led from start to finish). In another game, I spawned, and my contract was taken... and then the same thing happened within 10 second of getting the new contract, which I was across the map from.

Still, a fun game.

Comment

• Pills
                    Go Blue!
                    • Mar 2009

More details:

Right now, there are two maps: Rome and Castel Gandolfo. Personally, I prefer the castle. There are 3-4 levels of height on each, and certain areas in the castle have 3. Both maps are a pretty decent size.

As you level up, you get abilities, and unlock characters. I'm level 14 right now. I have a superspeed ability, smoke bombs, the hidden gun, a disguise ability, and a morph ability. You can only have two at once (they're assigned to you L2 and R2 buttons). Disguise turns you into another character. Morph turns everyone in a small radius into YOUR character, so if someone's after you, it'll cause confusion. As you get points for eluding, it's useful. Your abilities can be used and then they reset in a minute. I'm about to get perks, too (I assume, assigned to L1 and R1), but I'm not 100% sure what they do. You can have two profile sets with different abilitites, and you can switch them during the game. I've been using morph and superspeed.

I also get 300 points if I make 3 kills in a row without losing a contract or getting killed, and if I lose 3 in a row my locator gets extra sensitive.

You can also stun your attacker, but I think I've been able to do it once; it's really hard. However, my best kill (750 points) came after someone stunned the guy I was after. I essentially ran up and kicked him in the head. ;) A basic chase kill is worth 100.

As of last night, there were ~40k people on. I was ranked about 3k on kills (I've spent 6hours on), but my killed/kill ratio isn't great.

Comment

• Blade
                      Walking SAM site
                      • Feb 2009

I just don't see the appeal of this series...

Comment

• Tengo Juego
                        Posts a lot
                        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Blade
                        I just don't see the appeal of this series...
                        First one was underwhelming.
                        Sequel was a great improvement and was easier to follow.
                        Brotherhood looks like it's building on what AC2 was, but it doesn't really reach out at me personally. I dont like the whole "team-building" aspect they seem to be pushing. Nor do I give a damn to play multiplayer for this type of game. Not only that, it's too damn soon. AC2 came out this same time last year.

I am curious to see where the story goes, but I'll probably play it some time in '11.

Comment

• Buzzman
                          • Oct 2008

I'm confused. So is the multiplayer in an open world with random AI along with up to 8 human players?

Comment

• Pills
                            Go Blue!
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Buzzman
                            I'm confused. So is the multiplayer in an open world with random AI along with up to 8 human players?
                            Yes. A LOT of random NPCs. Between 6-8 humans per game.

The story behind it is that you're all Abstergo agents (Templars) in training.

A short video of the introductory session and a game (Rome map):
                            [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gseMjktk3xg[/ame]

Comment

• Chrispy
                              Needs a hobby
                              • Dec 2008

Debating whether to buy it or rent it

Comment

• Pills
                                Go Blue!
                                • Mar 2009

Just played for a bit - didn't finish lower than 3rd in 4 games, winning twice. I really, really like the morph ability. I had two guys on me; one killed a civilian, the other started following another one when my group broke apart.

Got to level 15, so I got a perk. It's that you can run into more people while chasing or being chased without being knocked off balance. It just kind of happens, like the extra streak points.

There's another perk at level 18, I think. Level 16 gets you nothing, 17 gets you The Smuggler, and I know 20 gets you poison (which is usually a high point kill).

Comment

Working...