X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Twigg4075
    Kindergarten Cop
    • Feb 2009

[ALL] Singularity

Anyone else play this? I know it got good reviews but seems to have been lost in the shuffle. I was going to wait until a big price drop but now there is no need since K-mart has it for $35 this week.

• Buzzman
    • Oct 2008

Heard it was a mix between Bioshock and Half Life. Im still on the edge of buying it.

Comment

• Twigg4075
      Kindergarten Cop
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Buzzman
      Heard it was a mix between Bioshock and Half Life. Im still on the edge of buying it.
      I heard the same. It looks like a really cool game and too hard to pass up for $35. Especially for a game that just came out a few weeks ago.

Comment

• Maynard
        stupid ass titles
        • Feb 2009

i have a friend playing it. I am waiting to see what he thinks. im thinking of gettng ass creed 2 used for $23....and 18-20 hr game according to reviews....seems worth the price

Comment

• Twigg4075
          Kindergarten Cop
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Maynard
          i have a friend playing it. I am waiting to see what he thinks. im thinking of gettng ass creed 2 used for $23....and 18-20 hr game according to reviews....seems worth the price
          Definitely. AC2 is awesome.

Comment

• jms493
            • Feb 2009

I heard a cast that said it was too easy and unfinished. Like they had great ideas with the cool powers but there was never situations where you needed to use them effectively. They said it was a $30-35 game. Would be a waste of time for me.

Comment

• Twigg4075
              Kindergarten Cop
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jms493
              I heard a cast that said it was too easy and unfinished. Like they had great ideas with the cool powers but there was never situations where you needed to use them effectively. They said it was a $30-35 game. Would be a waste of time for me.
              Wjich one was that because I'm listening to the latest Giant Bombcast and Gerstman said he's very impressed with it. Him and Ryan Davis usually rip games to shreds.

Comment

• Herm
                Boomshakalaka
                • Oct 2008

ill wait for a price drop at BB since thats where i have giftcards, it could be a while i know. But on the bright side i hadnt even heard of the game until Twigg mentioned it the other d ay so its not like im missing out on something i waited a long time for. I might even just rent the thing. i watched the review on gametrailers and thought it looked pretty damn good.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                  Kindergarten Cop
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Herm
                  ill wait for a price drop at BB since thats where i have giftcards, it could be a while i know. But on the bright side i hadnt even heard of the game until Twigg mentioned it the other d ay so its not like im missing out on something i waited a long time for. I might even just rent the thing. i watched the review on gametrailers and thought it looked pretty damn good.
                  Do you have a Kmart anywhere near the Best Buy? If so you could price match.

I think my wife is going to play it before me. I'm trying to play Call of Juarez:BiB now. She loves the Bioshock games so this game should be right up her alley.

I'm also listening to the latest CAGcast now. I've only listened to Wombat's impressions so far but he is impressed as well. He said the first hour or so is slow but once you get the TMD it's awesome.
                  Last edited by Twigg4075; 07-13-2010, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• Hitman
                    Fist Pumpin to the Oldies
                    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                    Do you have a Kmart anywhere near the Best Buy? If so you could price match.

I think my wife is going to play it before me. I'm trying to play Call of Juarez:BiB now. She loves the Bioshock games so this game should be right up her alley.

I'm also listening to the latest CAGcast now. I've only listened to Wombat's impressions so far but he is impressed as well. He said the first hour or so is slow but once you get the TMD it's awesome.
                    I loved the game but I can agree with it maybe being a little rushed.. Either that or they were wanting to keep you wanting more for a sequel.. You'll know what I mean after you finish it..

Comment

• Twigg4075
                      Kindergarten Cop
                      • Feb 2009

This power/ability is nuts...
                      [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7U1mvCbMT0"]YouTube- Singularity Deadlock Trailer [HD][/ame]

Comment

• Maynard
                        stupid ass titles
                        • Feb 2009

this game is fantastic. not sure why or how this got by everyone. it has the same control setup as COD. its got all kinds of great guns. its creepy as fuck and alot of fun to play.

a different spin on FPS with the powers. but at its core is a great FPS with a pretty cool story...and did i mention its creepy as fuck?

Comment

• Buzzman
                          • Oct 2008

how far are you into it Maynard?

Comment

• tigstah
                            Mr. Casual Gamer
                            • Mar 2009

i just received this from amazon....will give it a run thru

Comment

• jms493
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Maynard
                              this game is fantastic. not sure why or how this got by everyone. it has the same control setup as COD. its got all kinds of great guns. its creepy as fuck and alot of fun to play.

a different spin on FPS with the powers. but at its core is a great FPS with a pretty cool story...and did i mention its creepy as fuck?
                              yeah I heard it was pretty good but all the guns and powers dont really apply to anything in the game. They say you can pretty much blow through with the main gun....

Comment

Working...