• Show
Clear All
  • stevsta
    ¿Que?
    • Oct 2008

Will this change your mind about purchasing nba elite

Originally posted by IGN
    NBA Jam Will Be Bundled With NBA Elite 11

EA Sports announced today that NBA Elite 11, the new basketball sim that spawned from the once-great NBA Live franchise, will come bundled with a one-time download code for a new, high-definition version of NBA Jam for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

If you've seen any of our coverage of NBA Jam for Wii (winner of our Sports Game of the Show Award at E3), then this announcement should have you mighty excited to see what EA Sports can do with the added horsepower of HD consoles.

The bundle of NBA Elite 11 and a download code for NBA Jam will hit store shelves on October 5 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 for $59.99.

Wii users concerned about their version being overshadowed should rest easy knowing that the Xbox 360 and PS3 downloads feature a scaled back set of game modes. For the $59.99 price tag of NBA Elite 11, players will be able to enjoy the Classic Campaign (a simple ladder-style tournament that pits you against the rest of the league) and an Exhibition Mode. The HD versions, however, will support online multiplayer over Xbox Live and PlayStation Network, a feature that has yet to be confirmed for Wii users.

As fate would have it, I recently took a trip up to Vancouver to get my hands on an early build of NBA Jam and we'll have the first hands-on and direct-feed footage this Friday on IGN. For now, feast your eyes on our pair of screenshots and be sure to note the fantastic facial expressions.
    according to gameinformer a onetime use code will come with the elite game and nba jam will not be for sale on the 360 and ps3 marketplace
    Originally posted by GameInformer
    "And the only way to play 'Jam' on the 360 and PS3 is by picking up 'Elite'. There's a one-time use code that will be in every copy of 'Elite', so you just go online and redeem it. We're not selling 'Jam' on PSN or Xbox Live. If you still want the full product, the full experience is on the Wii, but if you pick up 'Elite', you're still getting a good taste of it, especially with the inclusion of online play."
    pretty good deal
    RIP
  • Tengo Juego
    Posts a lot
    • Jun 2009

Day 1 purchase

Unless they release the arcade version on Marketplace alone, at 800 points(which I doubt will be any lower than 1200). I might just do that.

Comment

• Nature Boy
      Raiders
      • May 2009

This seals the deal for me. Release day purchase. I was planning on buying NBA Jam for the Wii but I would much rather have this version so I can grab it for the 360.

Comment

• Misogi
        :misogi:
        • Oct 2008

No longer interested in the 360/ps3 versions.
        * Chrispy logs into KGs account to see what misogi wrote* [05:53 PM]

Comment

• Point Blank
          Needs a hobby
          • Oct 2008

Wow, smart shit by Elite. I'm definitely buying it if I can't get it free again.

Comment

• Argath
            $2 whore
            • Apr 2009

maybe

Comment

• Primetime
              Thank You Prince
              • Nov 2008

Nah. As much fun as NBA Jam is, I'd rather play one sim basketball game than two arcade games.

Comment

• Misogi
                :misogi:
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Primetime232
                Nah. As much fun as NBA Jam is, I'd rather play one sim basketball game than two arcade games.
                * Chrispy logs into KGs account to see what misogi wrote* [05:53 PM]

Comment

• Primetime
                  Thank You Prince
                  • Nov 2008

:iseentit:

Comment

• Tengo Juego
                    Posts a lot
                    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Nature Boy
                    This seals the deal for me. Release day purchase. I was planning on buying NBA Jam for the Wii but I would much rather have this version so I can grab it for the 360.
                    Yeah I can skip the Wii version now. Although I hope the rosters and unlock-ables are the same for both versions.

Comment

• IamMedellin
                      Everything Burns...
                      • Nov 2008

nah

Comment

• Juggernaut
                        Sitting on the Sidelines
                        • Dec 2008

maybe...

Comment

• dave
                          Go the fuck outside
                          • Oct 2008

I was going to buy Elite anyway.
                          I loved NBA Live 10.
                          That is not a knock on 2k basketball, but IMO, 2k basketball has been resting on its laurels since 07 ... and hasn't done very much innovative.
                          Nba2k7-9 killed all the Lives, no doubt, but Live 10 was a serious step forward for the franchise.
                          And I think David Littman has proven he can rescue a game series.
                          My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• Minne
                            Go Hawks
                            • Jan 2010

day 1 purchase for sure

Comment

• Coked Up Elmo
                              omle pu dekoc
                              • Jul 2009

sigpic
                              "did you say cockintheass?"

Comment